2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's my whole point if he gets 25 touches I think the Colts win. I am not advocating 35 runs a game but your best player cannot got 4 or 5 series without a touch. 

Series before the half doesn't count. Got it with 1:50 left. 

I would agree the first two possessions were a tick pass happy. I won't agree those 5-7 touches were a big reason for our loss. I just don't see it that way. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Series before the half doesn't count. Got it with 1:50 left. 

I would agree the first two possessions were a tick pass happy. I won't agree those 5-7 touches were a big reason for our loss. I just don't see it that way. 

In the 2nd half the Colts had zero balance to the offense. Several years ago I heard Antoine Bethea talk about how easy it is to play defensive back when you make a team 1 dimensional. He spoke of the offense getting ahead and forcing teams to have to throw to catch up. Also said when DL can pin their ears back and go after the QBturnovers go up and his.j9b got easier. Also said that teams like the Patriots and Steelers gave the Colts troubles because they never became 1 dimensional. 

Yesterday Todd Bowles tricked Frank into becoming 1 dimensional.  Take a look at the 3rd quarter aND beginning of the 4th. The box was not stacked like in the first.in the second half I believe Frank got out coached..  learn from it and move on

Just a comment to the thread. I have no clue what the exact number is but if we want JT playing for the Colts in 5 years you have to use him accordingly. CMC out for year again. Year 4 and the body started breaking down. Year 5 down again. Dude is 25 and who knows what the future holds next year. Just a thought is all. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a comment to the thread. I have no clue what the exact number is but if we want JT playing for the Colts in 5 years you have to use him accordingly. CMC out for year again. Year 4 and the body started breaking down. Year 5 down again. Dude is 25 and who knows what the future holds next year. Just a thought is all. 

If you keep throwing the ball 40 times a game JT will have from Chrsitmas til camp to rest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

No way the Colts make the playoffs with the schedule they have left combined with losing the divisional tiebreaker to the Titans.  

? What 

4-1 gets you in. Why can't they do that? They're a half game out of the playoffs now and should have the tiebreaker over those teams because of winning % vs conf. 

I think its the Colts, Steelers, and Charges for the 7th spot. 

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

26 straight pass plays, you don't feel that made a difference. 

It sure did and when TB new they wasn't running they just teed off on Wentz.  You keep running the ball and the best runners get better the more carries they get.  Go look at Derrick Henry's ypc in each quarter.  It goes from 3.6 in the first to over 5 in the 4th.

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

adjustments would be a legit gripe,  I could see that for sure. But, the other teams make adjustments to and other teams are very well coached, as well. Looked at the 3 teams we blew leads against and see how well they are coached. SOOO well coached, as are we. 

I'm sorry man.. I can't look past 4 turnovers. Hines should feel like s***. Complete lack of focus. 

I agreed with you on the Titans games play calling. Both drives to start the 3rd q that were turnovers... we had moved the ball very well on those drives. 

You turn the ball over the more you throw the ball. If we ran more we probably don't turn the ball over 5 times. Our turnovers were two INT a strip sack and a WR fumble after a pass.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You turn the ball over the more you throw the ball. If we ran more we probably don't turn the ball over 5 times. Our turnovers were two INT a strip sack and a WR fumble after a pass.

And a muffed punt inside your 20.....we beat ourselves. Turnovers and not playing to our strengths in the second half. Simple as that.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't figure out either team right now...but especially Russell/Seattle. Metcalf with one catch? 34 rushing yards? That offense is broke...

I said in the fantasy thread that I think he had to have banged Ciara. I mean he was absolutely balling out until freakin Russell Wilson came back....his targets have dropped from 8-9 a game to 3-4 to now only 1....come on that is just terrible!

The Seattle break up is going to be very very messy this offseason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

WTF over Seattle.  WFT?

Washington just crushes you with LONG LONG drives. Even when they only lead to a fg they just crush your defense. They are 5th in the league in time of possession. If you let them get into a positive game script they will just grind you out! The last 3 games alone they are avg almost 39 minutes a game.....that is like 4 minutes longer than the next team. You need to get up early on them and force them out of their game script.

For reference Seattle is WORST in the league in time of possession. Avg only 24 mins per game....that is just horrible...and avg only 19 mins a game under Russ the last 3!! I mean that is unexceptable! 

Edited by dgambill

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I said in the fantasy thread that I think he had to have banged Ciara. I mean he was absolutely balling out until freakin Russell Wilson came back....his targets have dropped from 8-9 a game to 3-4 to now only 1....come on that is just terrible!

The Seattle break up is going to be very very messy this offseason. 

Hope so, and hope Carroll goes down with the ship. No coach deserves to be fired more than ol' gum chewin' Pete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hope so, and hope Carroll goes down with the ship. No coach deserves to be fired more than ol' gum chewin' Pete.

I could see a couple teams make moves for Wilson. What if Rodgers leaves and GB decides to package Love and picks for Wilson?? If I'm Cleveland could they do the same with Mayfield?? I look at both those franchises in position to either keep them competitive or maybe upgrade to take that next step.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I could see a couple teams make moves for Wilson. What if Rodgers leaves and GB decides to package Love and picks for Wilson?? If I'm Cleveland could they do the same with Mayfield?? I look at both those franchises in position to either keep them competitive or maybe upgrade to take that next step.

I would say there is more than a couple of teams that would/will make a play for Russ.

• Like 1