2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Don't have to do much other than hand off to JT and show some leadership. Either way the Colts should be fine

If this 10 to 5 day thing works in our favor as much or even close to as much as we think it might... I'm very confident if we play mistake free football Sunday, we will be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If they do change the protocols... wouldn't we prefer Wentz have a positive test than be a close contact? 

Could play this weekend AND not have to worry about this for 3 months, right?

Yep. Now this is the funny part about all this. Players should want to be positive so they don't get tested again for awhile. Close contacts seem to be the danger area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I just don't understand why the NFL is more strict on their employees than every other employer, their employees aren't at risk. 

Very weird to me. 

Agree this is all weird but lot's of places have crazy rules. My employer for example if you are a close contact you can not come to work for 21 days and must have a negative test. If you test positive it's 14 days....the rules are crazy all over the place...but I don't want to get into all the political and decision stuff around this thing.....just sucks for the Colts but rather it happen now as opposed to the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just wondering...if he was positive...how is he going to test negative on Sunday? My sister tested positive for Covid like two weeks after she got it and was symptom free. Are we just saying no matter what after 5 days he won't be tested again? Confused but oh well....if sports can help us end this pandemic of fear with the insanity of covid then I'm all for it!!

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right right.

I think, some are having very mild symptoms right? 

Definitely from what I've heard from those I talk to in the health care industry....cases skyrocketing but hospitalizations only on the rise 2%. From those directly I know...vaccinated have had no or just cold-like symptoms...unvaxed from cold like to something along the lines of bronchitis/fatigue and more at-risk have more severe reactions. Varies by person. Overall it seems symptoms have been less severe for avg person and mostly effecting upper respiratory and not lower respiratory like delta etc. Not hearing people losing taste...although some still dealing with brain fog.....which wouldn't be great for an NFL QB!!