2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dont think the Bengals will get by either the Chiefs or the Bills, but if they somehow do, I want no part of the 49ers in the Super Bowl.  Give me the Bucs / Rams winner any day of the week.

Bengals entered yesterday playing with house money...and now even more! Let Burrow grip and rip. Future is very bright if they don't get Burrow killed (ala Luck). Shore up that line and you've got multiple division titles coming soon and home playoff games too.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dont think the Bengals will get by either the Chiefs or the Bills, but if they somehow do, I want no part of the 49ers in the Super Bowl.  Give me the Bucs / Rams winner any day of the week.

It's an interesting one, I'd be way more scared of Brady or Stafford, but that 49ers defense is really tough and Samuel/Kittle and the 49ers running game is tough. 

The hope against SF is that you can more easily force Jimmy G into dumb mistakes then you can Brady or Stafford. 

I'd probably be least scared of TB though, just because of how banged up they are. 

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Has a 1 seed ever lost a playoff game with opposing team not scoring a td on offense? 49ers inept offense goes for 200 yards and wins. Has to be some all time records in there for that.

Long off season for the Packers. After the first drive I think most thought cakewalk. No way Rodgers can walk from the game after that one....or at least I don't think he can.

Happy for the Bengals fans on here again. Titans should be looking for new OC by Noon today.

I don't think Rodgers will retire, but his comments I posted earlier in this thread seem to indicate he is probably done in GB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

It's an interesting one, I'd be way more scared of Brady or Stafford, but that 49ers defense is really tough and Samuel/Kittle and the 49ers running game is tough. 

The hope against SF is that you can more easily force Jimmy G into dumb mistakes then you can Brady or Stafford. 

I'd probably be least scared of TB though, just because of how banged up they are. 

The Bengals are not good enough on defense to beat the unexpected.  Deebo lining up all over the field would create confusion I'm not sure they could overcome.  

Combine that with the fact the SF pass rush is good across the board, and we saw how the Bengals O-Line handles a good pass rush last night.

Yes, the Rams have Aaron Donald, but they are not as strong at the other D-Line spots as SF.  Bengals could just focusing on doubling Donald all night and handle that better than what SF brings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Bengals entered yesterday playing with house money...and now even more! Let Burrow grip and rip. Future is very bright if they don't get Burrow killed (ala Luck). Shore up that line and you've got multiple division titles coming soon and home playoff games too.

Oh.  I agree with the house money comment, and nothing will make this a disappointing season at this point.  Not really going to worry about the Super Bowl though, because I give them less than a 10% chance against the Chiefs in Arrowhead.  Chiefs would have revenge on their mind.

Better odds against the Bills, because they did not play each other in regular season.  But, the Bills have the type of offensive balance that could give Bengals problem.  Allen could throw for 250+ and rush for 80+ against the Bengals himself.  

• Like 1