2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If you are moving up to get your guy might as well go to 2. I can't imagine the Jets not taking him unless they get Watson for that pick.  

I know that you don't trade a franchise QB within your division but could the Colts put anything together to get Watson 

I think it takes more than just the #2 to get Watson. BUT... maybe we get Darnold CHEAP then. I really don't know, but I think Darnold is a very intriguing guy, still. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think so. I might be way off but. Detroit can get their QB in draft and to dump that 33 million i think a 1st and 3rd gets it done

I guess with Stafford being brought up so much I assumed he was a free agent.  His deal is really fair, imo.  Don't totally understand the back end but with his injuries, he probably didn't think he could walk by 35.  So it's 33 mil this coming, then 26, the 3.  

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I guess with Stafford being brought up so much I assumed he was a free agent.  His deal is really fair, imo.  Don't totally understand the back end but with his injuries, he probably didn't think he could walk by 35.  So it's 33 mil this coming, then 26, the 3.  

It was restructured. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

In my not so expert opinion I see the Colts getting Carson Wentz and reuniting with Coach Reich. And just to confirm my prediction skills I bought 5 lottery tickets and didn't hit one number. 

Not saying your wrong because I have no idea but some close to situation feel Eagles owner picked Wentz over Pederson,  if so can't see them moving Wentz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not saying your wrong because I have no idea but some close to situation feel Eagles owner picked Wentz over Pederson,  if so can't see them moving Wentz

I have no idea. Since they have the other quarterback and are in a terrible cap situation they might do it.

The Colts are a quarterback and another speed receiver from being elite.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

In my not so expert opinion I see the Colts getting Carson Wentz and reuniting with Coach Reich. And just to confirm my prediction skills I bought 5 lottery tickets and didn't hit one number. 

That wouldn't be a good thing IMO.  Way too fragile.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/carson-wentz/7450

Not sure who it would be, but the Colts need to find their version of Ryan Tannehill. A guy who was serviceable, but unremarkable on a pedestrian Dolphin team, who made a major leap when getting the opportunity in TN. And no it's not Trubisky.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That wouldn't be a good thing IMO.  Way too fragile.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/carson-wentz/7450

Not sure who it would be, but the Colts need to find their version of Ryan Tannehill. A guy who was serviceable, but unremarkable on a pedestrian Dolphin team, who made a major leap when getting the opportunity in TN. And no it's not Trubisky.

Andy Dalton?

19 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I know Reich angers some on here and Colts fans with his aggressiveness...but this will be his 4th year and more than likely 4th year with brand new QB. Unless of course the unthinkable happens and 12 decides to play again. 

Why do I keep coming back to Mac Jones/Colts. Won't cost you as much up to move up and get him. I'm all over the place on what to do for Colts at QB. My Bears too. Reports are suggesting Texans want 3 first round picks and at least 1-2 2nd round picks. 

I love me some Watson but that many picks just isn't worth it for a team has many holes.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Short term answers that are available as free agents now, and probably cheap, who might serve Colts well and be bridges to a long term answer taken in the draft:

-Jameious

-Cam

-Fitzmagic

But still would rather they go after Stafford

Winston be the only one I'm interested in out of that group, but still pass. 

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion