2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If Russ leaves, We go all in for him? Or go with Wentz

Russ has a no trade clause and has an out option at the end of next year, not this.  

My question is, if all these dudes are available, does that actually lower the price?  At some point you say screw it, I'll just trade 2 picks and move up and take a rookie vs dropping 5 or 6 picks/players.  

I think the trade market saturation may help.  

Watson, Wilson(if even true that Seattle is serious), Wentz, Darnold.  

What Ballard has made clear over and over is he won't over pay.

Edited by NotIThatLives

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Russ has a no trade clause and has an out option at the end of next year, not this.  

My question is, if all these dudes are available, does that actually lower the price?  At some point you say screw it, I'll just trade 2 picks and move up and take a rookie vs dropping 5 or 6 picks/players.  

I think the trade market saturation may help.  

Watson, Wilson(if even true that Seattle is serious), Wentz, Darnold.  

What Ballard has made clear over and over is he won't over pay.

Ya know, the more this QB carousel goes around, the more I think a QB will be available with the Colts' pick.  Jones?

From what I have been reading and watching that the eagles are not getting what they want in a Wentz trade.  They want what the Lions got for Stafford but it is different because the the rams had to add another 1st round pick so the lions would except Goff.  They said the real compensation for Stafford was a 1 and a 3.  It sounds like Wentz prefers going to the Colts and that the trade rumor the other night with the Bears were trying to get the Colts to up their offer.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what I have been reading and watching that the eagles are not getting what they want in a Wentz trade.  They want what the Lions got for Stafford but it is different because the the rams had to add another 1st round pick so the lions would except Goff.  They said the real compensation for Stafford was a 1 and a 3.  It sounds like Wentz prefers going to the Colts and that the trade rumor the other night with the Bears were trying to get the Colts to up their offer.

My question is what does Reich think of Wentz.  Ballard said on DD that they trust or fall back on their own information over any other.  Probably a very general statement but when applied to Wentz, who has greater personal information on Wentz than Reich?

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

My question is what does Reich think of Wentz.  Ballard said on DD that they trust or fall back on their own information over any other.  Probably a very general statement but when applied to Wentz, who has greater personal information on Wentz than Reich?

Great point/points.  I would like to think Frank has "his guy" in his mind.  That could be Wentz or it could be 5 other guys.  Then at the end of the day, Ballard listens to Frank and makes the decision.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't dove into the contract specifics...but all I know $36M in cap space for 2 years at QB in the NFL is cheap. 

According to the link, and I could be interpreting it way wrong but it's 40.9 mil this coming and 41.6 the next.  

I'd take Darnold's upside and youth for a couple picks and his $9,794,271 with a 5th year option.  Sign me up.  Add more horses around him.  

21 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

According to the link, and I could be interpreting it way wrong but it's 40.9 mil this coming and 41.6 the next.  

I'd take Darnold's upside and youth for a couple picks and his $9,794,271 with a 5th year option.  Sign me up.  Add more horses around him.  

Darnolds 5th year is 25m.