2023 NFL Discussion

rico

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I doubt Ballard goes after Darnold. Wentz is likely going to Chicago or staying put because Roseman wants to much. 

I think the Eagles are going to have to trade him to someone. I think Eagles are asking too much and other teams are being disciplines thus far. I'm wondering if the longer this goes on if it doesn't hurt the Eagles...seems like it is clear nobody is meeting their asking price so far and everyone knows it.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I doubt Ballard goes after Darnold. Wentz is likely going to Chicago or staying put because Roseman wants to much. 

Read where the Colts are asking for more compensation to take on Wentz contract.  I think they are asking for another player to go along with Wentz.  I don't know if the eagles have a good LT but we need one.

9 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think the Eagles are going to have to trade him to someone. I think Eagles are asking too much and other teams are being disciplines thus far. I'm wondering if the longer this goes on if it doesn't hurt the Eagles...seems like it is clear nobody is meeting their asking price so far and everyone knows it.

Depends. If the Colts wait too long and Darnold, Watson, etc., are gone, then some leverage swings back to the Eagles, as the Colts needs a QB and the market won't be as full of options. 

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Depends. If the Colts wait too long and Darnold, Watson, etc., are gone, then some leverage swings back to the Eagles, as the Colts needs a QB and the market won't be as full of options. 

Just my two cents but Ballard falls in line with the fiscal frugality line of thinking. Even if he needs it he won't overpay....and I actually applaud that. 

I'm telling anyone who will listen. Mac Jones guys. I think most Bama players go into the league and disappear historically....but this kid is sitting at 20 range in most mocks. I can see Ballard saying screw it. Bolster the D, sign a WR via free agency, find a left tackle...and they'll roll like Chargers did last year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Maybe...but the teams interested also know that the Eagles have to trade him before March 19, for bonus money not to kick in. I would also assume that if Bears, Colts, or (San Francisco?) sign another QB beforehand it could also lessen competition for him. 

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my two cents but Ballard falls in line with the fiscal frugality line of thinking. Even if he needs it he won't overpay....and I actually applaud that. 

I'm telling anyone who will listen. Mac Jones guys. I think most Bama players go into the league and disappear historically....but this kid is sitting at 20 range in most mocks. I can see Ballard saying screw it. Bolster the D, sign a WR via free agency, find a left tackle...and they'll roll like Chargers did last year.

If the Shoes do get Jones, I am gonna call him "Bert."

• Like 2