2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sounds legit. Earlier I was reading some stories saying Gruden might want to move on from him and he would be available if the price was right...but apparently the early reports were wrong or Raiders changed mind and decided to keep him.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know that most people don't like Fitzmagic, but over the past 3 years he is in the top 5 in QBR, completion % and yards. Not bad for a guy that no one seems to want. 

Heard those stats on radio so don't blast if incorrect. IDK if you blast actually

I would much rather the Bears signed him to a one year deal and draft Mac Jones than trade for an unproven/high risk QB that Nagy thinks he can fix. Fitzpatrick is a solid journeyman QB...not great, but at least you have an idea of what he can do unlike most of the options.

44 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I would much rather the Bears signed him to a one year deal and draft Mac Jones than trade for an unproven/high risk QB that Nagy thinks he can fix. Fitzpatrick is a solid journeyman QB...not great, but at least you have an idea of what he can do unlike most of the options.

I don't want Nagy and Pace around any developing QB.

Unfortunately, the Bears are stuck.  They need to rebuild, but their coach and GM are at points where they have to win now.  I hope the Bears draft an OL 1st round who will still be here when Nagy and Pace are out of town.  I don't want to see them try to patch a hole to get to 10-6 when there are still a lot of holes for the future.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't want Nagy and Pace around any developing QB.

Unfortunately, the Bears are stuck.  They need to rebuild, but their coach and GM are at points where they have to win now.  I hope the Bears draft an OL 1st round who will still be here when Nagy and Pace are out of town.  I don't want to see them try to patch a hole to get to 10-6 when there are still a lot of holes for the future.

I was hoping for new GM/coach after the season ended (and new ownership ha) but I think the Fitzpatric/Mac Jones combo is the one way they can get a competent QB for this season and potentially groom someone for future. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Pace/Nagy in charge of this either, but as you said the Bears are stuck. If they had traded for Wentz, I would have wanted OL help in first round.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I could see JJ ending up in Cleveland.  He led the league last year in plays being double teamed. He will go to a team where he can't be doubled as much. 

Can the Colts get 1 of these receivers. Allen, Goodwin  or Galloday.  Which would you prioritize 

There's mutual interest between Watt and the Steelers, Packers, Colts, and Titans. Packers and Steelers will have to cut players to create cap space. Cleveland may be in the running but I think that interest might be coming from Cleveland and the media more than Watt. 

24 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

In the short run I'll take JJ Watt, long run gimme Carl Lawson at DE next to Buckner, Grover and Turay as the starters.  Resign Autry and man that is a very nice starting 6 guys at only 4 positions.  Remember Autry can play DE or slide inside.  

Lawson and Okwara would be my top 2 targets at DE since they are both 25 years old. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I could see JJ ending up in Cleveland.  He led the league last year in plays being double teamed. He will go to a team where he can't be doubled as much. 

Can the Colts get 1 of these receivers. Allen, Goodwin  or Galloday.  Which would you prioritize 

I thought I heard that the Lions might tag Galladay.  As for the Colts I would take any of them but probably Allen would be my top choice.  Just going by Ballard's past I don't see them spending big on a free agent WR.

• Like 1