2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sam Tevi signed as FA from the Chargers. I know they had problems with their OL last year. 

Looks like he has played both OT positions as well as guard. Possible replacement for Costanzo or, put him at guard and Nelson out to LT.

Not sure but one of the guys that cover the Colts think it's a depth signing not a starter in their opinion.  Looks like starter will come in draft unless one of the 2 recently signed OL win the job

• Thanks 1

49ers give up the farm to move up to the 3rd spot in this year's draft, presumably to get one of the quarterbacks. Looks like Jimmy G's days as the starter there are numbered.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-trade-for-no-3-overall-pick-in-2021-nfl-draft-sending-three-first-rounders-to-dolphins-per-report/

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

49ers give up the farm to move up to the 3rd spot in this year's draft, presumably to get one of the quarterbacks. Looks like Jimmy G's days as the starter there are numbered.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-trade-for-no-3-overall-pick-in-2021-nfl-draft-sending-three-first-rounders-to-dolphins-per-report/

...and meanwhile in New England...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Whoever is running the Dolphins game has worked this perfectly. They turned Tunsil into 4 1st round picks and a 3rd if my math is right over this past year.

I still think we'll see plenty of movement because of Mac Jones. Next year's QB draft (on paper at least) is much weaker so you'll have teams scrambling to get Jones who is presumably the 4th best option this year.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Whoever is running the Dolphins game has worked this perfectly. They turned Tunsil into 4 1st round picks and a 3rd if my math is right over this past year.

I still think we'll see plenty of movement because of Mac Jones. Next year's QB draft (on paper at least) is much weaker so you'll have teams scrambling to get Jones who is presumably the 4th best option this year.

Just like Mac Jones, there will be QB's that "surface" this upcoming CFB season.

As far as the Dolphins, I am glad to see them getting back to being good.  I followed them for years until Marino retired...well Don Shula as well.  A once proud franchise that has fallen on hard times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Lance? 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Lance? 

Not sure who Lance is. Dolphins GM is Chris Grier and with their fleecing of Texans for 2 first rounders for Tunsil and now this trade....adding them the picks to make this one and add future first rounders as well. Job well done.

Meanwhile my GM trades up 1 spot for a 3rd and picks Ryan Leaf protege instead of Watson. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Not sure who Lance is. Dolphins GM is Chris Grier and with their fleecing of Texans for 2 first rounders for Tunsil and now this trade....adding them the picks to make this one and add future first rounders as well. Job well done.

Meanwhile my GM trades up 1 spot for a 3rd and picks Ryan Leaf protege instead of Watson. 

Trey Lance 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Darnold to Carolina.....Jets in line to choose Wilson from BYU in the draft

Teddy B being given the opportunity to find his next team.

Bridgewater > Dalton for the Bears?

I think Teddy is 28?  But I think Denver might be his destination.

There probably is nothing more to this than just off season talk but this Packers/Rodgers thing seems to be headed down a nasty divorce path. This past week someone mentioned Rodgers wouldn't renegotiate his contract to free up $. Packers are saying they need that to happen to get him more weapons, etc....

Take some of these comments coupled with Packers drafting QB last year I just don't see this thing lasting more than this season. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 10:59 AM, Seeking6 said:

Take some of these comments coupled with Packers drafting QB last year I just don't see this thing lasting more than this season. 

Yeah when they traded up to draft Jordan Love instead of getting Rodgers some weapons that kind of soured him with them I would imagine.

• Like 1