2023 NFL Discussion

rico

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't see him playing either....unless something drastic changes between now and July. After the Bears drafted Fields I was thinking he's going to play right away so Bears could trade Dalton to Texans for a late pick?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't see him playing either....unless something drastic changes between now and July. After the Bears drafted Fields I was thinking he's going to play right away so Bears could trade Dalton to Texans for a late pick?

I imagine an NFL suspension is right around the corner for the massage addict.

Yeah, Dalton the Texans would make sense.  I would assume that Houston will be hot after that UNC QB in the 2022 draft.

• Like 1

Bears released 7 year starter Charles Leno today. Plays Left Tackle. Just in case anyone knows of a team that needs one. 

Was listening to a guy on air today and he said the number of releases coming for cap reasons is unlike anything the NFL will ever see. My guess is Ballard has an eye on 4-5 guys who could fill in nicely.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, Seeking6 said:

Bears released 7 year starter Charles Leno today. Plays Left Tackle. Just in case anyone knows of a team that needs one. 

Was listening to a guy on air today and he said the number of releases coming for cap reasons is unlike anything the NFL will ever see. My guess is Ballard has an eye on 4-5 guys who could fill in nicely.

Colts are meeting with Eric Fisher and if his physical doesn't go well they are going to target Leno. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Colts are meeting with Eric Fisher and if his physical doesn't go well they are going to target Leno. 

Yep. That's been the plan (at least I thought) all along. If Fisher Achilles is healing I take him....but a 7 year starter in the NFL isn't a bad fallback option either. I was surprised how many were banging Ballard over the weekend. He always has a plan.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. That's been the plan (at least I thought) all along. If Fisher Achilles is healing I take him....but a 7 year starter in the NFL isn't a bad fallback option either. 

I think Leno would be pretty decent on the Colts line. Being next to the best guard in the NFL and one of the best centers would help him quite a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was surprised how many were banging Ballard over the weekend. He always has a plan.

I get a laugh out of people over things like that. Ballard is usually playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rico said:

This comes up every few years but to me this one sounds like there's more substance to it. I always want the Bears at the Lake. There is nearby property that could be used for new stadium. If that isn't an option I'm for anything that would help improve seating (smallest NFL venue) and gameday experience. I think I've mentioned on here before it's an absolute chore to get to Soldier Field.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, slojoe said:

Love Tebow, but he should've done this a long time ago.  He just wasn't a fit as an NFL QB though he was a great college QB.

I dont think he was fit for a starting QB. I think someone absolutely could have used him just like the Saints did with Hill.