2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure there's a reason for the 911 operator to handle call the way they did but that's a hard listen. I don't say the following lightly....but have always been curious about how many crimes don't happen because of the structure a season provides. 

Off season? All you have is time, money, boredom....usually leads to some poor choices.

Great point.  The period between the end of mini camps/offseason workouts and camp (i.e., the window we are in right now) is brutal for the police blotter for NFL players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Have to say that I am more than a little disappointed to read this morning that the Colts are one of four NFL teams with less than 50% of the roster having received the Covid-19 vaccinations.

Some will consider this controversial, but in my opinion, if you are unvaccinated and test positive during the season, you should be docked pay.  The disruption to the entire NFL process for positive tests is not worth it since it is preventable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Have to say that I am more than a little disappointed to read this morning that the Colts are one of four NFL teams with less than 50% of the roster having received the Covid-19 vaccinations.

The NFL has made it so difficult for those not vaccinated I would think all would just do it. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Some will consider this controversial, but in my opinion, if you are unvaccinated and test positive during the season, you should be docked pay.  The disruption to the entire NFL process for positive tests is not worth it since it is preventable.

Why should a perfectly healthy 22 year old get a vaccine that he doesn't need? Literally flat out doesn't need it. 

There just shouldn't be testing for Covid by the NFL. It's an after thought for these guys, or it would be if the NFL allowed it. NFL is going to allow Covid to be a disruption, unfortunate. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How in the world you guys can tell some of these athletes to go get vaccinated when we are seeing the CDC tell us men under the age of 24 are at major risk of complications is beyond me... 

I hope none of them get the shot. They don't need it. 

I am not telling anyone to get it or not get it. The people who make it possible for these guys to be multi millionaires are making it hard for those not vaccinated. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not telling anyone to get it or not get it. The people who make it possible for these guys to be multi millionaires are making it hard for those not vaccinated. 

We make it possible for them to be millionaires. 

NFL swimming in some uncharted waters legality wise. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Everyone right now is swimming in those same waters. 

Requiring your employees to get a vaccine that can do them harm, when the actual disease doesn't.. is confusing at best. But of course we all know the main reason to get players vaccinated has every bit to do with appeasing the vultures on Twitter, as it is to do with actually being worried about their employees being "healthy". 

If the NFL cared about the health of their players there is ZERO chance they'd EVER have teams play on a Sunday and then again on a Thursday. Absurd. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Requiring your employees to get a vaccine that can do them harm, when the actual disease doesn't.. is confusing at best. But of course we all know the main reason to get players vaccinated has every bit to do with appeasing the vultures on Twitter, as it is to do with actually being worried about their employees being "healthy". 

If the NFL cared about the health of their players there is ZERO chance they'd EVER have teams play on a Sunday and then again on a Thursday. Absurd. 

MONEY is all that matters. Nothing more nothing less. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then quit being more morons and change your testing policy lol 

Did we test people for the Flu when they were sick before? No!! Leave them be. 

Easy to say but yesterdays Yankees and Red Sox game was going to be the only sporting event going on besides some soccer and positive COVID test stopped that. How much money was lost yesterday. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Easy to say but yesterdays Yankees and Red Sox game was going to be the only sporting event going on besides some soccer and positive COVID test stopped that. How much money was lost yesterday. 

So why test? That's what I'm saying. 

You're losing money by testing, and it's gaining you nothing. Why is it so relevant if a pro athlete is positive? If no symptoms.. play. Feel too sick to play.. sit out. As it's always been. 

At what point does liability come into play. If I am a team owner that knowingly allows an infected player compete....and he passes the virus onto an older player, or the refs who are older, or the trainers, or the guy handling the water bottles, or anyone else he might come in contact during a game.

It's not just about the 22-24 year olds who may not suffer any serious symptoms from the virus. It's the potential for it to spread to others more susceptible. And as a business owner, opening themselves up to the potential liabilities makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

At what point does liability come into play. If I am a team owner that knowingly allows an infected player compete....and he passes the virus onto an older player, or the refs who are older, or the trainers, or the guy handling the water bottles, or anyone else he might come in contact during a game.

It's not just about the 22-24 year olds who may not suffer any serious symptoms from the virus. It's the potential for it to spread to others more susceptible. And as a business owner, opening themselves up to the potential liabilities makes no sense.

Wait.. shouldn't all those people be vaccinated? I mean.. thats the policy right? Spreading disease didn't start with Covid. The absolute over reach is insane to me. NFL owners shouldn't be liable for an individual getting a disease, they should however should be sued senseless if they require their employees to get a vaccine and that vaccine leads to other health complications later. 

Seems to me the players wishes and rights are thrown right out the door. 

I'm claiming religious reasons and going about my business. 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So why test? That's what I'm saying. 

You're losing money by testing, and it's gaining you nothing. Why is it so relevant if a pro athlete is positive? If no symptoms.. play. Feel too sick to play.. sit out. As it's always been. 

So do you just ignore it until a healthy young athlete dies on the field and the autopsy says they were positive for COVID. Is this likely no but if as an owner all of your investments are protected in the end I am sure they feel it will save money and liability

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait.. shouldn't all those people be vaccinated? I mean.. thats the policy right? Spreading disease didn't start with Covid. The absolute over reach is insane to me. NFL owners shouldn't be liable for an individual getting a disease, they should however should be sued senseless if they require their employees to get a vaccine and that vaccine leads to other health complications later. 

Seems to me the players wishes and rights are thrown right out the door. 

I'm claiming religious reasons and going about my business. 

Its all part of collective bargaining. Players cant get it all and expect not to give up some things. They are handsomely rewarded. If safety was ever a true concern they would not play the game. The fear of concussions alone would stop it but players and owners all know how much money is to be made. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Its all part of collective bargaining. Players cant get it all and expect not to give up some things. They are handsomely rewarded. If safety was ever a true concern they would not play the game. The fear of concussions alone would stop it but players and owners all know how much money is to be made. 

I just think a lot is being made about nothing.

Could an unvaccinated player pass on the disease? .. absolutely. The chances of that becoming serious for the infected isn't very high. 

We cannot control everything. There is a much greater chance for the unvaccinated player to get in a fatal car crash on the way to work, then there is him passing Covid onto someone else.. and even then.. its probably not going to end up fatal. 

Its just always confusing me where our "fears" align and then compare that to actual reality. 

Either way.. I had two friends. One a Jets fan, one a Bungals fan.. and they both told me they would "much prefer" their own teams situation than the Colts. The Bengals and Jets!!!! 😆😆😆😆

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

So do you just ignore it until a healthy young athlete dies on the field and the autopsy says they were positive for COVID. Is this likely no but if as an owner all of your investments are protected in the end I am sure they feel it will save money and liability

It's literally not that serious though for an athlete, or basically anyone healthy under the age of 50. I play odds, I don't play outliers.