2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I would expect Taylor to go over 1200 yards on the ground and be top 3 in total yards.  I am glad this is where they have him, another player with a chip on their shoulders in a good thing

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Taylor is a lot better than the 16th best RB, he probably is in the top 5.

Taylor is really good, but he isn't top 5 yet.  Maybe after this season, but who knows.  As of now, no chance he's ahead of Henry, McCaffrey, Cook, Kamara, Chubb, or Barkley as the best backs in football.  Wouldn't surprise me if he gets there, but there are a lot of really good running backs out there.  I do agree that 16 is too low.  I'd have him around 10th.

20 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Taylor is really good, but he isn't top 5 yet.  Maybe after this season, but who knows.  As of now, no chance he's ahead of Henry, McCaffrey, Cook, Kamara, Chubb, or Barkley as the best backs in football.  Wouldn't surprise me if he gets there, but there are a lot of really good running backs out there.  I do agree that 16 is too low.  I'd have him around 10th.

This is all very fair. But, but.... he runs behind the best or 2nd best running blocking OL in the league and that has be taken into account.

Gibson and Hunt ahead of him are laughable. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would expect Taylor to go over 1200 yards on the ground and be top 3 in total yards.  I am glad this is where they have him, another player with a chip on their shoulders in a good thing

Maybe/maybe not.....

Taylor got the majority of the rushing opportunities due to the Marlon Mack injury. If Mack is back healthy, I can't imagine the Colts letting him sit. Maybe Taylor's numbers will work out as you suggest. Maybe he shares more of the duties and his numbers aren't as eye popping. It may behoove the Colts to slow him down a bit. He also ran the ball a ton for Wisconsin. As good as Taylor looked last year, the concern might be that there are only so many hits his body can withstand before he starts showing their effects.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe/maybe not.....

Taylor got the majority of the rushing opportunities due to the Marlon Mack injury. If Mack is back healthy, I can't imagine the Colts letting him sit. Maybe Taylor's numbers will work out as you suggest. Maybe he shares more of the duties and his numbers aren't as eye popping. It may behoove the Colts to slow him down a bit. He also ran the ball a ton for Wisconsin. As good as Taylor looked last year, the concern might be that there are only so many hits his body can withstand before he starts showing their effects.

He was also benched twice and had a terrible start. 

21 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

He was also benched twice and had a terrible start. 

He had zero preseason games, not much work in the off season with Covid, and had a big time adjustment to running out of the gun compared to under center. All of that coupled with the OL struggling a little early. Yeah he wasn't great early, but when he did come on... Jesus. 

21 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe/maybe not.....

Taylor didn't get the ball all that much last year. He was 11th in carries per game and 19th in catches. I hope it stays there.  

Mack and an Achilles.. any production is a bonus. I dont think he gets much more than 3-5 carries or so a game. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He had zero preseason games, not much work in the off season with Covid, and had a big time adjustment to running out of the gun compared to under center. All of that coupled with the OL struggling a little early. Yeah he wasn't great early, but when he did come on... Jesus. 

Taylor didn't get the ball all that much last year. He was 11th in carries per game and 19th in catches. I hope it stays there.  

Mack and an Achilles.. any production is a bonus. I dont think he gets much more than 3-5 carries or so a game. 

one of the things I heard on a Fantasy radio show was that, in the past Wentz has not utilized his running backs much as receivers. If that trend continues, it would make Taylor less valuable in for fantasy, but would help save him some

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

one of the things I heard on a Fantasy radio show was that, in the past Wentz has not utilized his running backs much as receivers. If that trend continues, it would make Taylor less valuable in for fantasy, but would help save him some

Sanders had a fair amount of catches it seems. Hines gunna get A LOT. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

What does everyone think about the 17th game?

For borderline playoff teams, the extra home game should be an advantage for those that have it versus those that don't.   

I dont understand why it was needed. I wish the owners would come out and just say "we want more money".. thats the only reason they'd do this right? 

Also.. 17th game bothers me wayyyyy less than the Thursday night games. I have so many pet peeves, but my goodness that one is near the top.  

Only week there should be TH games in on Thanksgiving and then if Xmas is on a TH. Thats it. Ever.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont understand why it was needed. I wish the owners would come out and just say "we want more money".. thats the only reason they'd do this right? 

Also.. 17th game bothers me wayyyyy less than the Thursday night games. I have so many pet peeves, but my goodness that one is near the top.  

Only week there should be TH games in on Thanksgiving and then if Xmas is on a TH. Thats it. Ever.  

I rarely watch the Thursday games and they are rarely good matchups.  But, at least the playing field is level for that matchup on that night.  Both teams are on short rest.

But, professional schedules have always been built on an even number of home games versus away games.  The course of the season has always been level in that regard.  Now, with the 17th game, they have taken that away and given 16 teams a distinct scheduling advantage over the other 16.

As far as single games that I hate, it's the ones in London.  I don't see the need for those at all.  The NFL is a uniquely American game that does not really require a global presence.  Shipping teams to London is a scheduling hardship for both teams that is absolutely not necessary.  

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I rarely watch the Thursday games and they are rarely good matchups.  But, at least the playing field is level for that matchup on that night.  Both teams are on short rest.

But, professional schedules have always been built on an even number of home games versus away games.  The course of the season has always been level in that regard.  Now, with the 17th game, they have taken that away and given 16 teams a distinct scheduling advantage over the other 16.

As far as single games that I hate, it's the ones in London.  I don't see the need for those at all.  The NFL is a uniquely American game that does not really require a global presence.  Shipping teams to London is a scheduling hardship for both teams that is absolutely not necessary.  

I want quality over quanity. Home and away doesn't do much for me. Like I don't have a complaint about it. 

Thursday night games, I do. Lol 

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

About time the leagues start standing up to these prima Donna athletes.  If you want to play get vaccinated if not don't let the door hit you on the way out 

Irsay on tv today kind of put his players on notice.  He said the NFL is about winning and and want players to do what it takes to win.  He said it is up to the players to get vaccinated but he expects his players to get the vaccine.  He will not be happy if his team has to forfeit games because players are not vaccinated and they get covid.

Like I have said before but not getting vaccinated is so selfish and wrong.  I heard a doctor in local radio last week call into 1070 who said the same thing

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

About time the leagues start standing up to these prima Donna athletes.  If you want to play get vaccinated if not don't let the door hit you on the way out 

Irsay on tv today kind of put his players on notice.  He said the NFL is about winning and and want players to do what it takes to win.  He said it is up to the players to get vaccinated but he expects his players to get the vaccine.  He will not be happy if his team has to forfeit games because players are not vaccinated and they get covid.

Like I have said before but not getting vaccinated is so selfish and wrong.  I heard a doctor in local radio last week call into 1070 who said the same thing

Since you ignored the post previously and now doubled down.  Have you had a chance to look at the Health and Human Services Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting site I linked a few days ago? 

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

I can walk anyone through how to load up a massive data sheet on COVID-19 vaccine adverse events.  A little more than sore arms, i know, shocking.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Also there are plenty of people who has to get vaccinated before going certain counties all the time.  If they don't then they won't be allowed to travel.  Also as a parent your kids get vaccinated starting at 3-6 months old and get them all the way through school.

But each of these vaccines we need. Have you ever met someone with Polio? ... 

Covid gives a pro athlete a the flu.. 

@IU Scott I'm not getting vaccinated. Neither is my wife and my 4 best friends and their wives or children. 

😅

If I have a son there's no chance that vaccine would touch his arm... not until those myocarditis numbers go way down. 

I'm a little confused why don't care about the players health anymore than you do. 

Loved Michael Irvin's comments this morning. Left wing or right wing I don't care.....I just want a ring. If you not getting a shot costs me a chance at a title we'll have a problem is what he said.

My thing is this. I know one guy who played pro ball. I asked him about this and his point was this. The amount of stuff these athletes put into their bodies throughout a year to be in the best shape possible, rehab if injured....any and every type of pill,etc......and their worried about a vaccine? He said watch the cuts this year closely for the borderline guys. Vaccinated players have the edge for this season. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1