2023 NFL Discussion

rico

37 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Im not trying to discredit the vaccine but people will go way out of their way to try and explain any risks away.  Why is it ok for this to be so one sided?  Question for the board at large and society, especially media.  

My wife is 6 months pregnant.  If i could have video recorded our pediatrician and her ob when we said we weren't getting the vaccine I would share but it basically went like this.  Big sigh of relief and a I dont blame you and you dont need it.  My grandfather's neurologist has told my family not to get a vaccine for something that is likely not to kill or seriously debilitate you.  They are convinced his ALS started after a reaction to the flu vaccine.  I don't know, I truly dont, i remain skeptical.  Im not anti vax, I'm for people making their own decisions.  My 2.5 year old is up to date on major vax and Ive had a boat load in my life but don't need a flu shot or covid at this point in my life and neither do a vast majority of professional athletes.

Sorry to be off subject.  I hope i never make another post about vaccines or covid again because I wont change your mind and let me let you in on a secret.  You won't change mine either.  

Good day, good health.  

Congrats on the upcoming baby.  I am not one to judge we all know or feel what is best for us and our families and I cannot criticize anyone for doing what they feel is best for them. For us having everyone get the vaccine is best just like the flu shot and Ayden gets the pneumonia shot. Our Drs. thought Ayden getting it was imperative and those around and that care for him. Best of luck and once again a big congrats to you and your wife!!!!

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He said there's a better chance of a heart or breathing problem from Covid for a young person compared to the virus. And I said that's not true.

I didn't say no young ppl had covid complications from the virus... I know someone, 30 years old that got bell's plasy from the vaccine. 

I'd much rather risk the flu than myocarditis.. if I were a 24 yr old pro football player. 

Thats my point our ideas and beliefs are shaped by our perception. No one can judge or force and expect others to all agree. I can only decide what I believe based on what I feel I know to be true same for you and Scott and all of us. At the end of the day I just want all to be safe and healthy and hope we can all enjoy our lives with our loved one. I could send them message and have a heart attack right now. I get that many don't want to get the vaccine because they do not feel they need it and that is your right. I am not for people being forced but in many things we have to follow certain standards and if we don't its our choice to deal with the outcome. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thats you. My 25 year old daughter has been hospitalized 3 times with blood clots in her lungs and has nearly passed out 2 times at work because of the clots all due to COVID. She works in a hospital and have an extensive physical prior to starting her job. 2 months later gets Covid and has been in the hospital multiple times due to it.  Has to monitor and when they come back take blood thinners. She did not even know she had COVID but was was tested for contract tracing. $ or 5 days later was pure hell for her. Is she the norm? probably not but she also is not the outlier. We have a 32 year old neighbor that was a distance runner competes in the min etc.. and can hardly walk around our block without having to rest, since being hospitalized for Covid. 

That sucks and i hate to hear that.  Must be the nature of this thing and the vaccine as well, as i have heard more than a few people telling stories of blood clots 2-3 days to weeks after the vaccine.  

Can we all agree that china has a price to pay? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Congrats on the upcoming baby.  I am not one to judge we all know or feel what is best for us and our families and I cannot criticize anyone for doing what they feel is best for them. For us having everyone get the vaccine is best just like the flu shot and Ayden gets the pneumonia shot. Our Drs. thought Ayden getting it was imperative and those around and that care for him. Best of luck and once again a big congrats to you and your wife!!!!

You are in a different boat.  Im sure it was more than a Dr's word for you.  Sometimes you gotta follow that still small voice and Im sure many decisions in your life are lead and made with the peace of God.  

And thanks to all.  She just hit 3rd trimester Monday.  So far so good.  Another boy. 

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

You are in a different boat.  Im sure it was more than a Dr's word for you.  Sometimes you gotta follow that still small voice and Im sure many decisions in your life are lead and made with the peace of God.  

And thanks to all.  She just hit 3rd trimester Monday.  So far so good.  Another boy. 

Yes you are exactly correct. That voice when I choose to listen which should be all the time but hard headedness prevents that, has never led me astray.

Congrats and as you know as a father whether a fetus or grown adult we never stop worrying. that will be 2 boys correct?

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That sucks and i hate to hear that.  Must be the nature of this thing and the vaccine as well, as i have heard more than a few people telling stories of blood clots 2-3 days to weeks after the vaccine.  

Can we all agree that china has a price to pay? 

Yes, they do.  

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes you are exactly correct. That voice when I choose to listen which should be all the time but hard headedness prevents that, has never led me astray.

Congrats and as you know as a father whether a fetus or grown adult we never stop worrying. that will be 2 boys correct?

Yes.  2nd boy

• Like 1

I think that there is some confusion here between personal choice, and the responsibility of being an employee.

I fully accept and respect anyone’s choice to do what they think is right for them. However, when an employer establishes a mandate in order to be employed, you either follow the mandate, or lose your job. The players are not entitled to their jobs. The league will go on regardless of any individual’s decision because the league is so much bigger than any individual. Last I looked, there are hundreds of guys on practice squads just itching for a full time gig. 

More power to any person for making a decision that they believe is in their best interest. However, when the rules are established and your decision goes against them, you’re a fool to think you are too big to suffer the consequences 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Good for the Vikings because that coach is being selfish

I don't like anyone losing a job ever. In this case though that's his choice because in life choices have consequences. 

I've heard some ridiculous numbers about Colts. Very low vaccine rate. I'll say what I said earlier this week. Watch the cuts that are being made. Numbers of players who make teams who are vaccinated or not. I know if I was an end of the roster type player....I'd let every NFL team know I'm vaccinated. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes he is when you might have to forfeit a game if your team has to many players with Covid.  By not getting the vaccine he could be the one who spreads the virus, so he is worrying just about himself

Nah.. hes not doing anything wrong. Just doesn't want/need a vaccine. Shouldn't have to get it. 

Edited by btownqb

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes he is when you might have to forfeit a game if your team has to many players with Covid.  By not getting the vaccine he could be the one who spreads the virus, so he is worrying just about himself

I thought once you got the vaccine you can't get the virus? Isn't that the reason to get the vaccine? 

If you can spread it to people who are vaccinated... how do you know it was him spreading it orginally? Good grief. 

Dare I say... my body, my choice? 

Personally... employers not hiring people because having or not having the vaccine should be fined for discrimination. That's how I feel. 

I dont think an employer can fire someone for not getting a flu shot... or I've certainly never heard of that. 

Just claim religious reasons and move on. 

I just cant believe so many are so easy to tell another person what to do with their own body. Like... "hey you have to stick this needle in your arm, even though we don't have years with of studies on it, we don't necessarily know the effects you'll have, oh and you don't really need the vaccine to begin with because you're 24 years old and perfectly healthy." 

How are you ok telling that person what to do with their body? You don't have that power... and neither does the government. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I just cant believe so many are so easy to tell another person what to do with their own body. Like... "hey you have to stick this needle in your arm, even though we don't have years with of studies on it, we don't necessarily know the effects you'll have, oh and you don't really need the vaccine to begin with because you're 24 years old and perfectly healthy." 

How are you ok telling that person what to do with their body? You don't have that power... and neither does the government. 

So you are not going to have your kids vaccinated at all   Most schools mandate that kids have certain vaccines to be able to start school. Kids have vaccines ever 3-6 months ther first 3 years of their life.

Also there are plenty of countries that if you travel to that you have to be vaccinated to be able to travel to those countries.

I think what most is saying that you have every right to decide to do about getting the vaccine. You should be ready for some of the consequences that come with that decision.  Employers have ever right to set criteria for employment.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you are not going to have your kids vaccinated at all   Most schools mandate that kids have certain vaccines to be able to start school. Kids have vaccines ever 3-6 months ther first 3 years of their life.

Scott... if you can't see the difference between Polio and the flu.   Idk what to tell you. 

You didnt address what I said though. How do think its ok to tell another person to do with their body? What gives you that power? 

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also there are plenty of countries that if you travel to that you have to be vaccinated to be able to travel to those countries.

I think what most is saying that you have every right to decide to do about getting the vaccine. You should be ready for some of the consequences that come with that decision.  Employers have ever right to set criteria for employment.

That's actually not what YOU have said AT ALL. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's actually not what YOU have said AT ALL. 

You have the right to choose not to get the vaccine but you should be ready for the consequences if you don't.  If you love coaching and it is mandatory to get the vaccine it is up to you what to do.  If you don't get it then be prepared not to coach.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You have the right to choose not to get the vaccine but you should be ready for the consequences if you don't.  If you love coaching and it is mandatory to get the vaccine it is up to you what to do.  If you don't get it then be prepared not to coach.

Idk why you keep bringing this example up... that is not going to happen where I coach. Or even anything close to it. 

Why can't you just accept that getting the vaccine is not what is best for my family and move on? I'm not being selfish, I'm actually being the opposite of that. 

You literally said, multiple times, that someone is selfish to not get the vaccine.