2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Idk why you keep bringing this example up... that is not going to happen where I coach. Or even anything close to it. 

Why can't you just accept that getting the vaccine is not what is best for my family and move on? I'm not being selfish, I'm actually being the opposite of that. 

You literally said, multiple times, that someone is selfish to not get the vaccine. 

Yes I believe anyone who doesn't get the vaccine is being selfish.  Never said you don't have the right to choose but you have to deal with the consequences like the coach in Minnesota and New England

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes I believe anyone who doesn't get the vaccine is being selfish.  Never said you don't have the right to choose but you have to deal with the consequences like the coach in Minnesota and New England

Yeah I'm not being selfish, so... and neither is my wife. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last thing on this and to me why it is selfish is that the more who doesn't get vaccinated the longer it will take to get back to normal.

My life has been normal all summer. My wife and I don't need the vaccine and we still aren't being selfish.

• Like 1

Absolute awful reason to get a vaccine. The only thing stopping us from being normal is us as citizens telling our govt we're tired of the restrictions. 

Literally if no one compiles they can do nothing. If 50K IU students told them they weren't getting vaccinated... IU could do NOTHING. They still have to have tuition... its not like they could just shut down operations. 

What's the NFL gunna do if every NFL player says... nope... you make us vaccinate, we don't play. Players hold alllllll the cards, they just don't know it. 

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe some of you think you are invincible and the virus won't effect you.  The thing is that you might or probably will survive the virus but you can give it to someone who can't survive it.  To me that is one of the most selfish acts you can do.

Your health is not my responsibility, fact. Your health is your responsibility. 

I've had the virus, and I was fine. Again.. theres no reason for us to vaccinate. We're perfectly healthy. And I'm still not being selfish.  

Get busy living. It's way better man. 

• Haha 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Your health is not my responsibility, fact. Your health is your responsibility. 

I've had the virus, and I was fine. Again.. theres no reason for us to vaccinate. We're perfectly healthy. And I'm still not being selfish.  

Get busy living. It's way better man. 

We will never agree on this topic.  I am talking about the elderly and not my health.  Do you have grand parents or aunt's/uncle's who are elderly that you could give the virus to.  You might not even know you have then pass it along to them you it might effect badly

Just now, IU Scott said:

We will never agree on this topic.  I am talking about the elderly and not my health.  Do you have grand parents or aunt's/uncle's who are elderly that you could give the virus to.  You might not even know you have then pass it along to them you it might effect badly

I told them to get the vaccine lol 

So.. how can I pass it on to them if they're vaccinated? 

Literally I had to have a sit down talk with my dad on the whole vaccine. And yeah, I agree... we aren't going to disagree. The difference is I don't act like someone is a second class citizen because they're doing the opposite of me. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know all of my immediate family had gotten the vaccine except for my daughter who pregnant and can't get the vaccine.  None of us has had any problems from it except for the third arm that grew after the shot.  

Aren't their studies for boys under 25 years getting myocarditis... pretty damn sure the CDC came out and said that. 

You literally told me your daughter is selfish... because if we're selfish for not getting it, then she is, as well. 🤷‍♂️

Keep it non hypocritical. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Aren't their studies for boys under 25 years getting myocarditis... pretty damn sure the CDC came out and said that. 

You literally told me your daughter is selfish... because if we're selfish for not getting it, then she is, as well. 🤷‍♂️

Keep it non hypocritical. 

I heard about how the virus can cause that as well.  My daughter was going to get the vaccine but she can't right now.  She will get the vaccine once her baby is born

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I heard about how the virus can cause that as well.  My daughter was going to get the vaccine but she can't right now.  She will get the vaccine once her baby is born

So... why can't my wife and I wait until we have kids to get the vaccine without being categorized as selfish?

Why can't everyone wait or not... until they're comfortable... without being told they're selfish... 

Edited by btownqb

Let's put it in football terms. Team Virus came on the scene with a new scheme, and they took it to Team Humanity pretty hard. 626,000+ have died in the U.S. to date. 4.17 million have died worldwide. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Team Virus came in with a new scheme that our team wasn't ready for. They built a nice lead on us. We started to play defense with masking and socially distancing, but that only slowed Team Virus down. They scored early and often. Team Virus has a creative and unpredictable coach. He keeps coming up with new variants of his most effective plays, and they keep driving down the field and scoring more points on our defense. We just can't get off the field on third down. Team Virus keeps converting on opportunities.

It took a while, but our guys on the sidelines figured out some things about how Team Virus plays. We've scored some touchdowns with the vaccines in the United States. But if we're going to come from behind to beat Team Virus, we need to play as a team. Everyone needs to know their assignments on defense and execute them, or Team Virus will keep marching down the field. Now, our d-line and most of our front seven have been studying their playbooks and practicing their technique. They are vaccinated, and even mask up if they are in a crowded space indoors with some unvaccinated people present. Team Virus is having trouble running on us now. But our secondary hasn't gotten vaccinated. Our corners and safeties sort of know the playbook, but they decided to play Madden rather than commit everything to memory and practice the plays. They're vulnerable because they haven't been vaccinated. They think, "Hey, I'm athletic. I'll be fine. I kindof know what coach wants us to do on this play..." Right before they bust a coverage and a new variant hits deep.  We are never going to stop the virus until people work as a team to deny the virus more chances to mutate and propagate.

There are people out there who can't get vaccinated because of problems with their immune system. People who are healthy need to take one for the team and get vaccinated to help get Team Humanity to herd immunity. It's the only way we can win. Otherwise, the virus will continue to spread and mutate and kill. We need more team players.

Edited by Kodos
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Kodos said:

Let's put it in football terms. Team Virus came on the scene with a new scheme, and they took it to Team Humanity pretty hard. 626,000+ have died in the U.S. to date. 4.17 million have died worldwide. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Team Virus came in with a new scheme that our team wasn't ready for. They built a nice lead on us. We started to play defense with masking and socially distancing, but that only slowed Team Virus down. They scored early and often. Team Virus has a creative and unpredictable coach. He keeps coming up with new variants of his most effective plays, and they keep driving down the field and scoring more points on our defense. We just can't get off the field on third down. Team Virus keeps converting on opportunities.

It took a while, but our guys on the sidelines figured out some things about how Team Virus plays. We've scored some touchdowns with the vaccines in the United States. But if we're going to come from behind to beat Team Virus, we need to play as a team. Everyone needs to know their assignments on defense and execute them, or Team Virus will keep marching down the field. Now, our d-line and most of our front seven have been studying their playbooks and practicing their technique. They are vaccinated, and even mask up if they are in a crowded space indoors with some unvaccinated people present. Team Virus is having trouble running on us now. But our secondary hasn't gotten vaccinated. Our corners and safeties sort of know the playbook, but they decided to play Madden rather than commit everything to memory and practice the plays. They're vulnerable because they haven't been vaccinated. They think, "Hey, I'm athletic. I'll be fine. I kindof know what coach wants us to do on this play..." Right before they bust a coverage and a new variant hits deep.  We are never going to stop the virus until people work as a team to deny the virus more chances to mutate and propagate.

There are people out there who can't get vaccinated because of problems with their immune system. People who are healthy need to take one for the team and get vaccinated to help get Team Humanity to herd immunity. It's the only way we can win. Otherwise, the virus will continue to spread and mutate and kill. We need more team players.

Amen

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You might get it but it will not have the same effect you. You might have it but no symptoms.

But, remember... thats not the issue. I had the virus with no symptoms, again though, not the issue. 

The issue was... "you could pass it on to someone else if you areny vaccinated because you can get the virus, but you can still get the virus when you're vaccinated...."

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

But, remember... thats not the issue. I had the virus with no symptoms, again though, not the issue. 

The issue was... "you could pass it on to someone else if you areny vaccinated because you can get the virus, but you can still get the virus when you're vaccinated...."

The vaccines don't guarantee you won't get it, but they do drastically reduce your odds of getting Covid-19. And if you do get it, it's less severe.