2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 minutes ago, Kodos said:

The vaccines don't guarantee you won't get it, but they do drastically reduce your odds of getting Covid-19. And if you do get it, it's less severe.

I didnt have a bad case of it to begin with though.. yes I know, not everyone has the same side effects. You can still get the virus and pass it on if you get the vaccine, so why is everyone shoving the vaccine down our throats? Idk. This is very frustrating. 

NFL is wrong to make their 22 year stars do this. 

25 minutes ago, Kodos said:

The vaccines don't guarantee you won't get it, but they do drastically reduce your odds of getting Covid-19. And if you do get it, it's less severe.

I was told it would stop the spread... of course I was also told the masks and social distancing would, as well. 

15 days to stop the spread!! Turned into like 150 days to ruin small businesses. 

Ultimately... I just don't agree with the just go blindly and shove a needle in your arm because everyone on FB says so. And no... I dont trust many DRs either, they've lied plenty, their opinion is irrelevant in my eyes. I respect your opinion and thoughts though. 

I've mentioned the whole time that I'm truly not anti vaccine or think this is some govt conspiracy to track me lol... I simply want to see the vaccine work more before I stab myself. I don't think that's unreasonable, and absolutely doesn't make me selfish. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

Nobody ever said any vaccine was 100% effective. But they are way more effective than doing nothing. I applaud the NFL for taking a stand. Remove the weak links in the chain so that games can be played more safely for everyone involved.

And masks and social distancing were intended to slow the spread so that hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed. Nobody ever said they would completely stop Covid from spreading.

Edited by Kodos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Delta variant is rapidly spreading in much of SEC country (in areas with low vaccination rates…..go figure). It will be a massive bummer, although not as important as people’s health, if this ends up impacting attendance levels at college football games. Really looking forward to the excitement of full stadiums but the outlook for that happening is not as positive as it was a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

This year may be more difficult to get through the season than last year was.  The story does not say whether or not he was vaccinated, but it does indicate that the Ravens vaccination percentage was 90%+.  Whether he was vaccinated or not, the second positive test in 8 months may be an indicator, and not a good one, regarding returning to normalcy.  He will have to sit out at least 10 days.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31904360/sources-lamar-jackson-dealing-issue-related-covid-19-miss-baltimore-ravens-practice

It marks the second time that the former NFL MVP has tested positive for the coronavirus in the past eight months.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This year may be more difficult to get through the season than last year was.  The story does not say whether or not he was vaccinated, but it does indicate that the Ravens vaccination percentage was 90%+.  Whether he was vaccinated or not, the second positive test in 8 months may be an indicator, and not a good one, regarding returning to normalcy.  He will have to sit out at least 10 days.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31904360/sources-lamar-jackson-dealing-issue-related-covid-19-miss-baltimore-ravens-practice

It marks the second time that the former NFL MVP has tested positive for the coronavirus in the past eight months.

Well we’ve known for a long time that there is a problem with the testing system. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.amp.html It’s very possible that the cycle threshold is much much too high. Lots of people could be carrying insignificant amounts of virus that isn’t even enough to be transmissible but because they are not taking into account how much virus someone is carrying and just go off a simple positive no matter how many times they magnify it isn’t really telling the whole story.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

UGHHHHHHH

Not sounding good on Wentz front. I know the Texans would never trade intra division....and there's obviously a ton of stuff with Watson....but the Colts need to do something if Wentz is down. Asking fans to stay patient because of QB position only works in one city in this country. Chicago. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Did Peyton put a curse on the Colts after they let him go.

Sure does feel like it. Between Luck's injuries, sudden quitting, JB, Rivers, and now this.....Colts organization is being held back on taking that next step year after year because of that position.

I'm not saying they are ready to take on the Chiefs but they were neck and neck with the Bills last year with adequate QB play. Such a shame to see another year potentially be less than full throttle because of injury.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Sure does feel like it. Between Luck's injuries, sudden quitting, JB, Rivers, and now this.....Colts organization is being held back on taking that next step year after year because of that position.

I'm not saying they are ready to take on the Chiefs but they were neck and neck with the Bills last year with adequate QB play. Such a shame to see another year potentially be less than full throttle because of injury.

Sometimes injured QB's are a blessing in disguise.  Not saying the Colts are in great shape with this, but the season has not unfolded yet.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Sometimes injured QB's are a blessing in disguise.  Not saying the Colts are in great shape with this, but the season has not unfolded yet.

Hope so! Maybe Carson Wentz was the Colts Drew Bledsoe or Trent Green and Jacob Eason is Brady/Warner? Haha.