2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This is about the NFL and how the players not getting vaccinated can hurt their team

Just now, btownqb said:

Wait.. You've allowed a message board to upset you that much. Shew. 

I'm sure a mod will clean this all up...but it wouldn't hurt if we didn't express every view we have. What's the old saying...discretion is the better part of valor? There is definitely a place and time in following through with and expressing our opinions/beliefs....this place probably isn't the best for it since we agreed to the forum rules of decorum. I know you guys are both great guys. We don't all have to be best buds and agree but let's put aside our differences to focus on what we do agree on.....IU beating Iowa this weekend!!

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

I'm sure a mod will clean this all up...but it wouldn't hurt if we didn't express every view we have. What's the old saying...discretion is the better part of valor? There is definitely a place and time in following through with and expressing our opinions/beliefs....this place probably isn't the best for it since we agreed to the forum rules of decorum. I know you guys are both great guys. We don't all have to be best buds and agree but let's put aside our differences to focus on what we do agree on.....IU beating Iowa this weekend!!

I'm not even upset lol .. in the least bit. 

I thought we were talking about the NFL? 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Can we please keep this back and forth about Covid off the football board? I know it started as a discussion about covid and the NFL, but it clearly has moved away from that. Some people actually want to talk and read about the NFL or high school football, or IU football without those threads devolving into the same discussion.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one thing we can all agree on is that @IU Scott and @btownqb will never agree on Covid vaccinations.  We're still all IU fans, can't we all just get along?

You hit the nail on the head…..This kinda public, opinionated stuff is specifically why I don’t follow Facebook or the likes. I choose this board as my only social media because it’s anything IU 24/7. On top of that, for the mass majority of us, we’re all friends on here with a common interest …….Indiana University.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm not even upset lol .. in the least bit. 

I thought we were talking about the NFL? 

Bucs vs Cowboys tonight.....I think it takes a bit to warm up but I expect big numbers from the Bucs offense. Dallas needs to control the clock with Zeke and keep their defense off the field if they want any shot this year. Happy to have something to watch....both teams should put up some fireworks unless Dallas get's down big early and the Bucs sick their pass rush on them.

Just now, dgambill said:

Bucs vs Cowboys tonight.....I think it takes a bit to warm up but I expect big numbers from the Bucs offense. Dallas needs to control the clock with Zeke and keep their defense off the field if they want any shot this year. Happy to have something to watch....both teams should put up some fireworks unless Dallas get's down big early and the Bucs sick their pass rush on them.

Bucs and Cowboys are next week

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'd love to talk actual sports.

He isn't going to come on here and call those individuals selfish, though. 🤷‍♂️

Go to the Colts message board and you will see more people calling them selfish.  Also watch Indiana Sports Beat and see Bob Kravitz and others on therecalling them selfish.

Just now, dgambill said:

Didn't even realize there was a game tonight. This and a holiday are the only acceptable times for TNF lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think that is next Thursday

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Omg....lol I was so trying to change the subject lol....I wish it was this week!!!

Just cannot believe Packers and Chiefs were so decimated on the OL that the Bucs won that thing. 

Packers were awful in the NFC championship game. Awful. 

Cannot play poorly in big games. Seems simple but 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Just cannot believe Packers and Chiefs were so decimated on the OL that the Bucs won that thing. 

Packers were awful in the NFC championship game. Awful. 

Cannot play poorly in big games. Seems simple but 🤷‍♂️

Yep...injuries make a huge difference. Always say it's not really who you play but when you play them sometimes. I don't think the Bucs were the best team last year...but they were healthy and playing well when the other top teams kind of hit the wall.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yep...injuries make a huge difference. Always say it's not really who you play but when you play them sometimes. I don't think the Bucs were the best team last year...but they were healthy and playing well when the other top teams kind of hit the wall.

You'd be hard pressed to convince me Bucs were the best team. Last time the Ravens won they were no where close to the best team, either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Of course I apologized whenever I’ve not lived up to my end of my employment. Whether a project or leaving a job. I give 100% and have high expectations so if I don’t achieve my goals I’m very hard on myself. This isn’t about me. Its about IU basketball. I’m not going to pretend and I’m not going to sugarcoat it when assessing his performance. I was one of his biggest supporters for 4 years but I see no reason I have to support him anymore. I don’t know how being critical of a bad coach makes me a bad fan or I should be above it. I don’t send him personal letters or talk about his family or anything over the line.

I really don’t like to be told how I should feel as a fan. I don’t like to be guilt tripped over my disappointment in Archie. I’m sure many feel the same. We gave Archie more support then he even earned on the floor. If I stepped over the line with my criticism or in what I’ve said about him then I’d be happy to hear it. I don’t know what you want from fans…last 4 years were as bad as any four years in our history…at least Crean built something from his start. I’ll leave you be…and I don’t go around looking to take shots at Archie…but if something comes up about the difference in our play and players this year…I sure won’t hold back.

Says the guy who claimed this a few weeks ago...

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Of course I apologized whenever I’ve not lived up to my end of my employment. Whether a project or leaving a job. I give 100% and have high expectations so if I don’t achieve my goals I’m very hard on myself. This isn’t about me. Its about IU basketball. I’m not going to pretend and I’m not going to sugarcoat it when assessing his performance. I was one of his biggest supporters for 4 years but I see no reason I have to support him anymore. I don’t know how being critical of a bad coach makes me a bad fan or I should be above it. I don’t send him personal letters or talk about his family or anything over the line.

I really don’t like to be told how I should feel as a fan. I don’t like to be guilt tripped over my disappointment in Archie. I’m sure many feel the same. We gave Archie more support then he even earned on the floor. If I stepped over the line with my criticism or in what I’ve said about him then I’d be happy to hear it. I don’t know what you want from fans…last 4 years were as bad as any four years in our history…at least Crean built something from his start. I’ll leave you be…and I don’t go around looking to take shots at Archie…but if something comes up about the difference in our play and players this year…I sure won’t hold back.

Says the guy who claimed this a few weeks ago...

If you can't see the difference between expressing every personal opinion on deeply divided social issues and our sports related fan issues related to IU basketball then I don't know what to tell you. I think we can be nuanced in regards to what opinions we share and discuss. I don't see a problem on one hand trying to be careful about discussing hot button political and social issues or attacking people personally for their opinions and say discussing something very relevant to a sports forum like how performance on the court or comparing and contrasting our team.  I'm not here to pick a fight so I'll just let it go. My objective in my post was to try to deesculate a disagreement....what is your objective in your post?