2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was hoping to get home from work to see the second half of the game.  I have been stuck on I70 since 9:15.  There had berm construction the whole summer but this has to be a wreck

Yikes.  Yeah.  That's gotta be a bad accident.  My son and I got behind a fatal accident about a year and a half ago.  Was stuck for ablout 2 hours before the police were finally able to turn everyone around to go back to the previous exit.

Edited by 5fouls

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yikes.  Yeah.  That's gotta be a bad accident.  My son and I got behind a fatal accident about a year and a half ago.  Was stuck for ablout 2 hours before the police were finally able to turn everyone around to go back to the previous exit.

I am 7 miles where the west bound closes and it goes to ,1 lane each way.  I was stuck for 4 hours one time.  There is no way of turningearound because there are hundreds of semi's stuck with mr

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Dak outplayed Brady

They were both pretty great. Both made big plays. Both had WR's drop key passes. Brady was hurt by bonehead turnovers by Jones, Fournette's drop that turned into a pic, and Godwin's fumble near the goaline that would have put the game away. 

Dak experienced more pressure in the 2nd half and dealt with it beautifully for the most part, and was hurt by that CeeDee Lamb drop in the 2nd half that turned into a pic. 

Again, they were both pretty great. 

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anybody questioning the no call on Goodwin on that last catch? He sure extended his arm on the defender pushing off before turning and catching the pass. 15 yard penalty there could have changed the outcome. Very fortunate not to get a call.

I thought it was a double penalty. Defender held him and the extension of the arm took it to another level. Should have been offsetting penalties. 

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anybody questioning the no call on Goodwin on that last catch? He sure extended his arm on the defender pushing off before turning and catching the pass. 15 yard penalty there could have changed the outcome. Very fortunate not to get a call.

I missed the play. He's of course a little biased because he was a receiver, but listening to Keyshawn Johnson this morning he did not think it was offensive PI, and he felt it was a good no call.

He said they were both fighting for position and he felt that Godwin did not extend to push off, etc. Both he and Jay Williams also thought the defender flopped in a way that actually was so fake that it cost him. 

Not saying that is gospel, just what they said this morning. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I missed the play. He's of course a little biased because he was a receiver, but listening to Keyshawn Johnson this morning he did not think it was offensive PI, and he felt it was a good no call.

He said they were both fighting for position and he felt that Godwin did not extend to push off, etc. Both he and Jay Williams also thought the defender flopped in a way that actually was so fake that it cost him. 

The defenders balance was way off. Godwin ran an elite route. Amazing seeing Brady do this at his age. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I wasn't surprised given the circumstances in the game, being at home, and the fact offensive PI is rarely called...but as almost impossible as it is to play defense especially on that type of play when you extend your arm and push away at all it is going to get called....but it didn't. This isn't like as bad as the Minnesota and New Orleans playoff PI...but I mean I think there was plenty there to make that call...even the official on the broadcast thought so....and well of course we know how Collingsworth felt about it lol.

• Like 1