2023 NFL Discussion

rico

It was a huge mistake to give Reich and Ballard extensions.  I really thought Ballard was the guy at GM but I am doubting that big time. I have never been a fan of Reich and have no confidence with him as HC 

If they keep loosing and it is obvious they are not making the playoffs you have to not play Wentz.  If it looks like you are going to have a top 10 pick you can't play Wentz and lose that first round pick.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It was a huge mistake to give Reich and Ballard extensions.  I really thought Ballard was the guy at GM but I am doubting that big time. I have never been a fan of Reich and have no confidence with him as HC 

If they keep loosing and it is obvious they are not making the playoffs you have to not play Wentz.  If it looks like you are going to have a top 10 pick you can't play Wentz and lose that first round pick.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cxjl7yg574sb1tznd4

Scathing article on Matt Nagy

"When the clock hit zeros, the Bears ended with just one net passing yard — that’s it. In total, the Bears’ offense racked up just 47 yards. That’s the team’s second-fewest total offensive yardage since 1970."

Anybody who has watched the Bears " offenses" through the years knows how damning that statement is...

Poor Justin Fields was sacked 9 times yesterday...I hope Nagy and crew don't ruin him...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

"When the clock hit zeros, the Bears ended with just one net passing yard — that’s it. In total, the Bears’ offense racked up just 47 yards. That’s the team’s second-fewest total offensive yardage since 1970."

Anybody who has watched the Bears " offenses" through the years knows how damning that statement is...

Poor Justin Fields was sacked 9 times yesterday...I hope Nagy and crew don't ruin him...

Nagy considers himself to be the smartest guy in the room.  In actuality, he is the dumbest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yep...it's a good thing that the Bears cheap ass ownership decided to give the brilliant offensive guru Nagy another season...

Another throw away season for the Bears and their fans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

20 pass attempts and he was hit 16 times. Nothing else to add except to reiterate what we said on here last year. Nagy/Pace are the two most inept combinations of Coach/GM the league has to offer. I wouldn't let either back in the building after what I saw. 

Find an experienced OC who can actually develop a QB and let him be interim the rest of the year. I don't want any part of Nagy near or around Fields again. 

Edit-Rodgers had more yards on last drive than we had entire game.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Irsay's biggest problem is that he tries too hard to not be like his dad. Bob Irsay was a jackass that no one wanted to work for, so Jim tries to be a family man who gives everyone more rope than they deserve. He wants the organization to be like one big happy family where everybody loves everybody. He desperately wanted Grigson and Pagano to work because Grigson was like a son to him. Ballard and Reich are probably more qualified for their jobs than Grigson and Pagano were, but Irsay isn't going to move on from either of them until something seismic happens. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I am going to be pulling for the Bucs. For some reason I can't hate Brady quite as much in Tampa. I really like Bruce Ariens.

Hoping Bucs win but Brady sucks.....oh wait...I have Brady as my qb....nevermind....flip that lol!! Should be interesting....one of the league's top defenses against perhaps the best offense. Brady has too many weapons I think for Belichek to stop. I think it starts slow but a resounding victory for the Bucs in the second half.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Put this into perspective.  The FG by Tucker was 19 yards more than the Bears offensive yards, and the Browns ran more offensive  plays than yards by the Bears. That's comical great job Nagy. This makes me feel a little better about the Colts. I have to find others misery to make me feel better

I find myself getting more and more upset about what I witnessed yesterday with Bears. Was talking with friends today....the worst thing that can ever settle in is apathy with a team you follow. I'm dangerously close with this whole operation. I'll never not watch my beloved on Sunday but I'm not going to be scheduling or hosting Bears watch parties until changes are made and sure as heck am not driving up for annual 2 games. 

The sad part is with zero cap space and no first rounder next year. Our biggest assets are our best players. Between now and trade deadline here's what I want to happen. Calll Louis Riddick and hire him as GM. Tell him he could do the MNF gig still if he wants....but we need you hear to identify which players we part ways with. Additionally...bring in a guy like Martz or anyone else who historically knows how to coach QB's. Let them be around Fields instead of the current bald Denny's menu carrying on the sidelines genius who still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. 

This is the hard part. The biggest return would be to ship Robinson (who won't sign with us after this year), probably Mack....and maybe even Roquan. Those 3 players could return 8-10 picks and at least 1-2 first rounders for the right teams. 

• Like 2