2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

On the Sunday Night pregame, it's raining.  Tirico, Brees, and Dungy are all holding their own umbrella.  Someone is holding Rodney Harrison's umbrella for him.

Big deal?  No.  But, it's kind of odd.  

In the same context kind of. Peyton was in town a couple weeks ago for his new bourbon. My buddy was invited as a restaurant owner.....said Peyton was not only taking photos but pouring drinks and helping cleaning up dishes. To top it off his staff called next morning at 8am to say when can we drop off some free samples. 

Enemy of greatness is always being good. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Ryan Kelly's cleat blew out during a play, that's why he left the field according to Coach Reich.  Maybe he was blowing smoke but that's at least what was reported towards end of game.

It looked like he was walking around ok so i imagine that is probably what happened.👍

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Ryan Kelly's cleat blew out during a play, that's why he left the field according to Coach Reich.  Maybe he was blowing smoke but that's at least what was reported towards end of game.

Let's hope that's all it was. I don't trust the Colts regarding injuries ever since they tried to cover up Peyton Manning's neck/shoulder problems. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

The colts lack transparency.  Its a huge problem. 

If you think the Colts lack transparency...try being a Bears fan. We would have a better chance at cracking 13 herbs and spices blend besides finding out what's up with them. Below is a photo of our GM taken a couple years ago. He was peaking out the side door to see who was in the room press wise. At least Ballard talks!

Ryan Pace.jpg

• Haha 4

Broncos coach Vic Fangio pissed because Lamar Jackson ran the ball for 5 yards on the last play of the game, with the Ravens up 16, so that Baltimore could tie an NFL record of 43 straight games with at least 100 yards rushing as a team.  They only had 97 prior to the last play.

So, what say you HSN.  Does Fangio have a point?  Should Lamar have just taken a knee?  Or, is it just sour grapes on Fangio's part?

An interesting side note is that the only reason the Ravens even had the ball was that Drew Locke threw an interception in the end zone on the previous play.  

I'm going to side with the Ravens.  Easy to second guess from Fangio's point of view, but it was an NFL record, something the players, especially the Offensive Line, can be proud of the rest of their life.  Plus, Denver was trying to put up meaningless stats themselves by trying to score in teh closing seconds while down 16.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Broncos coach Vic Fangio pissed because Lamar Jackson ran the ball for 5 yards on the last play of the game, with the Ravens up 16, so that Baltimore could tie an NFL record of 43 straight games with at least 100 yards rushing as a team.  They only had 97 prior to the last play.

So, what say you HSN.  Does Fangio have a point?  Should Lamar have just taken a knee?  Or, is it just sour grapes on Fangio's part?

An interesting side note is that the only reason the Ravens even had the ball was that Drew Locke threw an interception in the end zone on the previous play.  

I'm going to side with the Ravens.  Easy to second guess from Fangio's point of view, but it was an NFL record, something the players, especially the Offensive Line, can be proud of the rest of their life.  Plus, Denver was trying to put up meaningless stats themselves by trying to score in teh closing seconds while down 16.  

They’re pros. If they don’t like it, stop them. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I am with you on this, it is an impressive record so in my opinion definitely sour grapes on Fangio part.  

Ravens know the record is going to end next week so they wanted to get at least one more game lol.  😀

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

"No Fun League" is trending on Twitter. Apparently someone on the Raiders spiked the ball and got flagged for taunting. 

It's just amazing how football officials are being trained to over-think, over-analyze and try to see things that aren't there. 

There are a lot of things souring me on sports anymore and officiating is near the top of the list.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I've always been in the if you don't like it category stop them....and if Fangio wants to cry about player safety don't be running plays down 16 with 15 seconds left. Team Raven here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've always been in the if you don't like it category stop them....and if Fangio wants to cry about player safety don't be running plays down 16 with 15 seconds left. Team Raven here.

Got me to think...are there still tie breakers in place where points are involved.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:54 AM, Seeking6 said:

So if Broncos score a td and get a 2pt conversion and get an onside kick could they not have had a chance? Two score games with the chance to get the ball back is hardly trying to put up meaningless stats. Ravens also lost their starting rb in the preseason trying to continue their preseason winning streak....so Harbaugh has a habit. If it was a td streak should the qb try to go down and score a td to keep the record alive?

Flip side...I get it...the winner typically dictates how the game ends. If you don't want to to be walked on you stop them or you play better and win. In general it looks weak to publicly cry about it. I would have had a man to man talk outside his locker room if it was me and dropped it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Patriots just released Stephon Gilmore. He would make a ton of sense in Tampa Bay. Not sure what their cap situation is, guessing not great. 

Actually they announced they would...which caused teams to not want to compete on the open market to get him so Carolina traded a 6th rd pick for him. Pats up against the cap needed to make some other signings and didn't feel like paying a guy 400k a week to rehab. Nice addition for Carolina who is trying to make the playoffs....if he is healthy. Also he is from SC so maybe it will be a long term signing.

8 hours ago, rico said:

Who needs a LB?  The Cowboys have released former Irish star(Luers grad) Jaylon Smith.

Colts could use a 3rd LB. Since he is already receiving his 7m from Dallas I suspect he would want to go somewhere he can play more than who will sign him for the most. (trying to get a longer term contract next year) Eberflus I believe has worked with him....so some familiarity. That said he has lost that burst in speed...slow to react in zone coverage. Still Colts could do worse for LB depth.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So if Broncos score a td and get a 2pt conversion and get an onside kick could they not have had a chance? Two score games with the chance to get the ball back is hardly trying to put up meaningless stats. Ravens also lost their starting rb in the preseason trying to continue their preseason winning streak....so Harbaugh has a habit. If it was a td streak should the qb try to go down and score a td to keep the record alive?

Flip side...I get it...the winner typically dictates how the game ends. If you don't want to to be walked on you stop them or you play better and win. In general it looks weak to publicly cry about it. I would have had a man to man talk outside his locker room if it was me and dropped it.

I understand your first part....but don't use player safety as the main reason like Fangio. Whenever coaches come out like this I immediately go back to Gerry Faust's last game when the Canes lit them up 58-7 and the ND press corp, AD,etc.....all came crying about running up the score. 

I'll always be on the side of if you don't like it...stop them from doing it. 

• Like 1