2023 NFL Discussion

rico

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colts opt not to exercise Malik Hooker’s 5th year option. I know he’s been hurt some, but thought he played really well last year. I hope that the two sides can come to an agreement to keep him with the Colts for the duration.

Plenty of teams have been declining 5th year options lately. Or at least it seems that way. I think this move could go either way. Maybe provide the motivation to Hooker and he has a great year costing the Colts extra money to sign him later.....or Colts admitting he hasn't matched expectations and tired of spending guaranteed $ on him showing their intent move on. Either way....Mr. Hooker better have a very good season if he wants to earn that next contract. 

First leaks are coming out. Not confirmed so take it with grain of salt....but if true it falls in line with what I was saying yesterday. Have games be played out of conference first so if games do have to be cancelled or canceled (up to you on correct spelling) they won't be division/conference games.

Week 1: Monday Night Doubleheader 7:15 - Green Bay Packers @ Indianapolis Colts (ESPN) 10:15 - Miami Dolphins @ San Francisco 49ers (ESPN)

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:26 AM, Seeking6 said:

First leaks are coming out. Not confirmed so take it with grain of salt....but if true it falls in line with what I was saying yesterday. Have games be played out of conference first so if games do have to be cancelled or canceled (up to you on correct spelling) they won't be division/conference games.

Week 1: Monday Night Doubleheader 7:15 - Green Bay Packers @ Indianapolis Colts (ESPN) 10:15 - Miami Dolphins @ San Francisco 49ers (ESPN)

They were wrong because the Colt's just released their schedule and they open at Jacksonville.  Also only got one primetime game and that is a Thursday night game.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They were wrong because the Colt's just released their schedule and they open at Jacksonville.  Also only got one primetime game and that is a Thursday night game.

Yep. Colts have had 21 of last 26 prime time games on road. Really starting to buy into the convention business theory. Any other thoughts on Colts schedule or just those 2?

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Colts have had 21 of last 26 prime time games on road. Really starting to buy into the convention business theory. Any other thoughts on Colts schedule or just those 2?

I feel like the Colt's will be one of the top teams in the AFC and they deserve to have more primetime games.  I also feel like the early part of the schedule is not to hard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I feel like the Colt's will be one of the top teams in the AFC and they deserve to have more primetime games.  I also feel like the early part of the schedule is not to hard.

Does stink to see Jets and Browns both hosting 2 prime time games and Colts can't get one. Again. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Does stink to see Jets and Browns both hosting 2 prime time games and Colts can't get one. Again. 

Of course you knew the first team they would talk about was Tampa Bay.  Also looking at Colt's first 7 games they should be at worse 5-2 and they can go 6-1. There toughest game in that stretch is the home game against the Vikings.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Of course you knew the first team they would talk about was Tampa Bay.  Also looking at Colt's first 7 games they should be at worse 5-2 and they can go 6-1. There toughest game in that stretch is the home game against the Vikings.

I see Colts at 12-4 or 11-5 if they lose one they shouldn't. Other things aside....that schedule is mighty tasty for Colts fans.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Being optimistic. Just bought 4 tickets for the Colts-Packers game 

I think you'll be just fine given the date for that one. On the other hand some of us Bears fans are moving up a little in our seats this morning. Both Pritzker and Lightfoot have suggested in last 24 hours more doubt than anything about fans at Bears games this year. Of course they didn't say it wouldn't happen but they didn't make any assurances it would. 

If I were the Bears and NFL....I'd be asking Notre Dame right now if we could use your stadium this fall. 20k extra seats to sell....and the extra $/gate could go towards some sort of relief fund for Chicago. I really hope they don't try to get in the way of things this fall but given their statements and zero guidance plans....anything is possible.

• Like 2

One little tidbit that came out on twitter last night regarding Bears. Gottlieb and others were going back and forth on whole Mitch, Watson, Mahomes thing....and out of nowhere Deshaun Watson chimed in and said the Bears never talked to him once. I don't even know what to say.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One little tidbit that came out on twitter last night regarding Bears. Gottlieb and others were going back and forth on whole Mitch, Watson, Mahomes thing....and out of nowhere Deshaun Watson chimed in and said the Bears never talked to him once. I don't even know what to say.

And I would add that both Mahomes and Watson are thanking their lucky stars they didn't end up in Chicago!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

And I would add that both Mahomes and Watson are thanking their lucky stars they didn't end up in Chicago!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

No problem at all. It's weird with some of the comments this past season and now this....besides being the #2 pick I think Watson would have loved being our QB. Same old problem for us though. Defense is strong. Some nice pieces on offense with the exception of the most important position on the field we're all set!! Haha.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No problem at all. It's weird with some of the comments this past season and now this....besides being the #2 pick I think Watson would have loved being our QB. Same old problem for us though. Defense is strong. Some nice pieces on offense with the exception of the most important position on the field we're all set!! Haha.

The McCaskeys probably serve dinner with Waterford Crystal and Corelle dishes too...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Mitch is da man

On 5/9/2020 at 8:47 AM, Seeking6 said:

Except for the fact that Watson did an interview that can be found online from when he was doing the draft process and he said he met with the Bears so he either lied then or now. Not that it really matters that much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Except for the fact that Watson did an interview that can be found online from when he was doing the draft process and he said he met with the Bears so he either lied then or now. Not that it really matters that much.

Yep. Pretty conflicting stuff out there. It's why players probably stay away from absolutes on social media....somebody always willing to come along with the gotcha mentality.