2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just looked at the stats and we passed the ball 51 times.  No way with only 3 healthy wr's should we be passing that much.  Also Taylor only getting 16 rushes is criminal

Just saw this stat and it probably applies to many teams with their lead RB. Colts are 6-2 when Taylor touches it 20+ times and 8-8 when he doesn't.

I know many things factor into a game but some stats are just telling. Feed that kid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Bears offense showed up a lot better today but the defense sucked. Mack and Jackson being out doesn't help but still, blech. 

Kind of makes you wonder if Nagy still had his hand in play calling the last few weeks even though he said he gave it up. Looked like a completely different offense with him not around.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am probably not remembering this right but I just don't remember where the refs were so noticable ad they are today.  I would like to see the differences in the he amount of penalties called today compared to 20-30 years ago.

Scott, the rules have drastically changed in that time.

34 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hate to hear that about ANY player… Way too much gifted talent. Could this unfortunate injury add some unexpected/unfortunate loses to the Titans? I know they have talent elsewhere, but Henry is a big part of their record….(excluding yesterday’s game). Maybe a small window for Colts?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I hate to hear that about ANY player… Way too much gifted talent. Could this unfortunate injury add some unexpected/unfortunate loses to the Titans? I know they have talent elsewhere, but Henry is a big part of their record….(excluding yesterday’s game). Maybe a small window for Colts?

The thing is the whole Titan offensive game plan hinges on Henry.  They will have to do some major scheme changes in his absence.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Definitely will have to throw the ball more for sure. Brown was just a matter of time before he started playing like the #1 wr he is. Julio though needs to step up his game. The only bright side they have today and tomorrow to work out a trade. Lot's of teams that would be happy to send a back their way. Somebody may have a guy on their roster that is going from rb poor to rb gold!!

Just now, dgambill said:

Definitely will have to throw the ball more for sure. Brown was just a matter of time before he started playing like the #1 wr he is. Julio though needs to step up his game. The only bright side they have today and tomorrow to work out a trade. Lot's of teams that would be happy to send a back their way. Somebody may have a guy on their roster that is going from rb poor to rb gold!!

Mack?

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Exactly, if they can get the Titans to overpay then do it.  The odds say Mack wouldn't be there next year anyway.

They won't....they will try out the dump heap of Gurley, AP, Gore....but I imagine they will call a team like the Jaguars....who didn't want to start Robinson early in the season...maybe ask about him (on a rookie contract and they got Ettiene next year), talk to the Broncos maybe about Gordon?? Lot's of teams like Bears, Jets, Lions...there are options...not great ones but options out there. Doubt they go blockbuster but more likely a solid vet with good experience on a team going nowhere....maybe someone like David Johnson in Houston....Ingram would have been nice but he just went to NO.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

They won't....they will try out the dump heap of Gurley, AP, Gore....but I imagine they will call a team like the Jaguars....who didn't want to start Robinson early in the season...maybe ask about him (on a rookie contract and they got Ettiene next year), talk to the Broncos maybe about Gordon?? Lot's of teams like Bears, Jets, Lions...there are options...not great ones but options out there. Doubt they go blockbuster but more likely a solid vet with good experience on a team going nowhere....maybe someone like David Johnson in Houston....Ingram would have been nice but he just went to NO.

True.  But I guess it really doesn't matter.  There is no way they completely replace what Henry does/did for them.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I saw where they will work out Adrian Peterson

• Haha 1