2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You forget the yards that Wentz gets running compared to Rivers.

That is a good point and sacks avoided...he certainly has his positives...although he sometimes holds the ball too long. Ultimately it has to translate to the score board...and that is what we are waiting on. Right now we are scoring 3 pts a game less with roughly 30 less ypg (basically passing) than last year. Basically falling right smack dab in the middle of the NFL. We are mediocre.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For my Bears brethren. Zero moves yesterday. Nobody can convince me that there was zero interest in Nick Foles....starting to think Ryan Pace made zero moves for our future because he's trying to save his own job in the present. 

Yep hard to believe there was no interest in Allen Robinson with teams like the Saints even looking at an OBJ trade. I know you need weapons for your rookie qb but Robinson has been surplanted by Moody as the #1 receiver and Robinson is on the way out anyways. Also surprised they didn't move a couple pieces from their defense....clearly he is all in to try win enough games to save his job for one more prove it season next year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And that right there shows you how silly that accomplishment is. A stat that puts these two in the same category is just cherry picking...interceptions are going to happen when you are pushing the ball down field and making big plays for your team. Anyways, I am not here to crap on Wentz.....yes I saw all the pundits come on and kill him (rightfully so) on his decision Sunday. He has been very serviceable so far this year and certainly hasn't been the one costing us games. I just feel he has been mediocre....and I was expecting better than that. He is basically mediocre in almost all the the measures of rating starting qbs out there. 15th...and while I believe he can improve on that he is clearly in that third tier of qb's right now. Not the elites like Brady, Allen, Stafford etc, not up there with the 2nd tier like Herbert, Burrow, Cousins....more around the middle of the Tannenhill/Matt Ryan/J Winston/Bridgewater group. So, I'm not saying he is bad...just not where I guess I'd hope he'd be considering his history with Reich. I knew it wouldn't be MVP caliber....but my expectations were he might be able to flirt with top 10 qb range. Time will tell.

Please don't put Joe Burrow over Carson Wentz. Not this season. How do you watch Kirk Cousins and think he's better than Wentz is beyond me. Thielen and Jefferson!?!?!?! 

He is currently flirting with being a top 10 QB. He's absolutely fringe right now. And no pretending like the dude isn't the answer after one poor decision in OT... CRAZY talk. So no, the national pundits didn't rightfully kill him. Their criticism was ridiculous. 

To watch the Colts games this year and think he looks anywhere close to Rivers.. I don't know what to say. He's leaps and bounds better and is just now getting going. Flat out do not see your side of this at all. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Please don't put Joe Burrow over Carson Wentz. Not this season. How do you watch Kirk Cousins and think he's better than Wentz is beyond me. Thielen and Jefferson!?!?!?! 

He is currently flirting with being a top 10 QB. He's absolutely fringe right now. And no pretending like the dude isn't the answer after one poor decision in OT... CRAZY talk. So no, the national pundits didn't rightfully kill him. Their criticism was ridiculous. 

To watch the Colts games this year and think he looks anywhere close to Rivers.. I don't know what to say. He's leaps and bounds better and is just now getting going. Flat out do not see your side of this at all. 

No sense in further discussion....he hasn't elevated his game or his team. I hope he does...I want to win. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations...I'm not sold on the Reich/Wentz love connection.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Just a scratch and the girl was trapped and was burned alive.

I can't even put words to describe how awful that is. Like I said earlier...not sure what is the best thing to make this situation better (there aren't) but I would almost say it would be best for him to keep playing and have to give like 90% his salary to the family or something....he won't do anyone any good rotting in jail.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

No sense in further discussion....he hasn't elevated his game or his team. I hope he does...I want to win. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations...I'm not sold on the Reich/Wentz love connection.

Oh he's absolutely elevated his game, no question. 3rd highest rating of his career, so far. 5 to 1 TD/INT ratio. We are better at the QB position now than we were last year, so obviously has elevated his teams play.... and if you get him some help, that will be amplified. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Rodgers lied saying he was in interviews.

According to what I have heard about this on the radio, Rodgers claimed to be "innoculated." Lots of conversation around how that term could have been purposefully misused to give the impression that he had the shots. 

Typical Rodgers. Always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Hope this catches up to him and they sit him for an extended period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

According to what I have heard about this on the radio, Rodgers claimed to be "innoculated." Lots of conversation around how that term could have been purposefully misused to give the impression that he had the shots. 

Typical Rodgers. Always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Hope this catches up to him and they sit him for an extended period.

If he has been skirting around the unvaccinated player protocols...whether people agree with them or not but lying to get around them etc and find out it isn't true....NFL suspension should be in order imo. 4 games for deflategate...4 for vaxi-gate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I can't even put words to describe how awful that is. Like I said earlier...not sure what is the best thing to make this situation better (there aren't) but I would almost say it would be best for him to keep playing and have to give like 90% his salary to the family or something....he won't do anyone any good rotting in jail.

The state will dole out the punishment.  He very well could end up with probation.  And he will probably settle out of court with the victim's family.  There also will be a NFL suspension.  There is precedence for the league as Leonard Little(Rams) went through something similar.

All that being said, the situation is just a shame all the way around.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rico said:

The state will dole out the punishment.  He very well could end up with probation.  And he will probably settle out of court with the victim's family.  There also will be a NFL suspension.  There is precedence for the league as Leonard Little(Rams) went through something similar.

I couldn't remember something similar. Thanks for the info. Just a shame really.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Heard somewhere this morning that in Nevada punishment is 2 to 20 years without parole.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well the Packers could be in trouble as well if they didn't adhere to the protocols for unvaccinated players