2023 NFL Discussion

rico

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I still have no issue with Wentz. I think he has played very well. Big upgrade. I just hate that the Colts are 4-5 and not 6-3. 2 plays from 2 more wins. 

The only thing I was ever concerned about with Wentz was his health.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I still have no issue with Wentz. I think he has played very well. Big upgrade. I just hate that the Colts are 4-5 and not 6-3. 2 plays from 2 more wins. 

agree... but we were a year ahead of schedule last year in our rebuild. I cannot believe that roster with who they had on offense and 1st/2nd year safeties, etc... they went 11-5. Nuts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Find a way to beat one of Cards, Bucs, Bills... And we should go 6-2 down the stretch. Makes us 10-7. I don't think we love that, but build on it... add some dudes and lets get ready to ROLL in 2022. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

It is nice to see the Colts O-line getting healthy and back to their dominant self. Most rushing yards in an NFL game so far this season.

Per this morning's report, Braden Smith went out with a triceps injury. Hopefully not serious. Aikman kept playing up that the Jets' d-line was their strength. Either that was major over hype or last night was an indication of how good the Colts' o-line could be when everyone is healthy.

• Like 1

Here's my take on the Colts:

1. Wentz has been really good and not a problem for this team contrary to some peoples hot takes. 

2. The pass defense is atrocious. The secondary is a train wreck and they don't cover long enough for the pass rush to get home. Part of that is scheme and part is personnel at the CB position especially. 

3. The Colts need to keep playing Patmon and Strachan to see if they can develop into a #2 next to Pittman. Patmon got several snaps last night and had a target and a catch in his first game back. 

4. Reich needs to keep being creative and using Hines and Taylor together. Playing Hines as a receiver more last night was a nice adjustment. 

5. I'd look to keep getting Granson a target or two at least each game to try and keep developing him as a receiving option moving forward. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Per this morning's report, Braden Smith went out with a triceps injury. Hopefully not serious. Aikman kept playing up that the Jets' d-line was their strength. Either that was major over hype or last night was an indication of how good the Colts' o-line could be when everyone is healthy.

The Colts O-line the last few weeks has been much better. Fisher has been good against the run all year. Nelson, Kelly, Reed, Smith, and Pryor have all been really good as well. Glowinski hasn't been as good either but he's still been solid enough and is a good back up guard. 

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yeah hopefully it is nothing serious with Smith. With Braden back and making the move to start Reed i think they have one of the best lines in the NFL, just have to stay healthy. 👍

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Find a way to beat one of Cards, Bucs, Bills... And we should go 6-2 down the stretch. Makes us 10-7. I don't think we love that, but build on it... add some dudes and lets get ready to ROLL in 2022. 

Better find a way to solidify that defense...

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Better find a way to solidify that defense...

They were 12th coming into the game. Jets finding garbage points at the end of an a** beating doesn't do a whole lot of me. Both starting safeties are out, I assume Willis will be back in 10 days.... Rhodes needs to be healthy. 

We also need to draft one or bring in a sure fire starter next year at corner. Front 7 are REALLYYYYY good, Blackmon and Kenny are REALLY good, as well. 

• Like 1

Btw.. if Rodgers doesn't commit that idiotic facemask penalty the Jets don't get their last score. Kind of crazy the Colts were up 42-10 w/3mins to go in the 3rd and some are talking about the bad defensive performance. That defense is more than solid, gotta get Rhodes/Willis healthy though... and upgrade at corner in the off season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Btw.. if Rodgers doesn't commit that idiotic facemask penalty the Jets don't get their last score. Kind of crazy the Colts were up 42-10 w/3mins to go in the 3rd and some are talking about the bad defensive performance. That defense is more than solid, gotta get Rhodes/Willis healthy though... and upgrade at corner in the off season. 

As much as Leonard gets all the publicity, and deservedly so, Okereke has played lights out this year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

1. Wentz has been really good and not a problem for this team contrary to some peoples hot takes. 

2. The pass defense is atrocious. The secondary is a train wreck and they don't cover long enough for the pass rush to get home. Part of that is scheme and part is personnel at the CB position especially. 

3. The Colts need to keep playing Patmon and Strachan to see if they can develop into a #2 next to Pittman. Patmon got several snaps last night and had a target and a catch in his first game back. 

4. Reich needs to keep being creative and using Hines and Taylor together. Playing Hines as a receiver more last night was a nice adjustment. 

5. I'd look to keep getting Granson a target or two at least each game to try and keep developing him as a receiving option moving forward. 

I am with you on Wentz, he has been everything they are looking for in a franchise QB. 

As for the pass defense with Blackmon and Willis both being out and the ineptitude at CB it will probably be a problem all year. The pressure Paye is starting to get on the QB and Dayo starting to look more comfortable out there should help some though.

Hopefully like you said they start going to guys like Patmon, Strachan and Granson a little more often to see what they have in them.

Also they need to start getting MO more targets, he had i think one last night. He is a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree...The game was Over early. I don't particularly care for the few extra Jets scores, but I feel Colts let off the gas as they felt the game was never gonna be in jeopardy. I still don't like our defense allowing late game 1st downs, extra yardage and scoring, even with a sizeable cushion........which ended up being only 15 pts.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

1, 4, and 5, yes. 

3- I don't think Patmon is the guy. Don't disagree w/giving them a shot though. 

2- Yes, unfortunate. Hard when BOTH starting safeties are out, as well.