2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Agree...The game was Over early. I don't particularly care for the few extra Jets scores, but I feel Colts let off the gas as they felt the game was never gonna be in jeopardy. I still don't like our defense allowing late game 1st downs, extra yardage and scoring, even with a sizeable cushion........which ended up being only 15 pts.

I disagree.  The Colts offense was on fire in the 1st no doubt.  But the Jets were looking good offensively.  The Jets had 4 possessions themselves, scored on 2 of them.  They were looking good when they coughed it up.  

Jets 1st possession-punt

Colts 1st possession-TD

Jets 2nd-TD

Colts 2nd-TD

Jets 3rd-turnover

Colts 3rd-TD

Jets 4th-FG

Colts 4th-TD

Jets 5th-time expires

Now I might be picking nits...but I was uneasy, defensively, in the 1st half.  I applaud the "O" but was highly skeptical of the "D"

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

I am with you on Wentz, he has been everything they are looking for in a franchise QB. 

As for the pass defense with Blackmon and Willis both being out and the ineptitude at CB it will probably be a problem all year. The pressure Paye is starting to get on the QB and Dayo starting to look more comfortable out there should help some though.

Hopefully like you said they start going to guys like Patmon, Strachan and Granson a little more often to see what they have in them.

Also they need to start getting MO more targets, he had i think one last night. He is a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

Moe can't get open though. Like last night on that crosser, the PA/action on the play, coupled with him going against the grain of the D was the reason he was open... It wasn't like a great route, plant and come back to the ball. I love using him in situations, but I don't see how we use him much more than that. He is a solid, solid blocker though. 

Granson/Doyle/Moe is a solid room, I think. All can do different things, all can do a little bit of everything. Granson need to be a threat vertically between the hashes. Doyle and Moe don't really have that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, rico said:

I disagree.  The Colts offense was on fire in the 1st no doubt.  But the Jets were looking good offensively.  The Jets had 4 possessions themselves, scored on 2 of them.  They were looking good when they coughed it up.  

Jets 1st possession-punt

Colts 1st possession-TD

Jets 2nd-TD

Colts 2nd-TD

Jets 3rd-turnover

Colts 3rd-TD

Jets 4th-FG

Colts 4th-TD

Jets 5th-time expires

Now I might be picking nits...but I was uneasy, defensively, in the 1st half.  I applaud the "O" but was highly skeptical of the "D"

Rodgers doesn't commit the facemask. We give up 23. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Moe can't get open though. Like last night on that crosser, the PA/action on the play, coupled with him going against the grain of the D was the reason he was open... It wasn't like a great route, plant and come back to the ball. I love using him in situations, but I don't see how we use him much more than that. He is a solid, solid blocker though. 

Granson/Doyle/Moe is a solid room though. All can do different things, all can do a little bit of everything. Granson need to be a threat vertically between the hashes. Doyle and Moe don't really have that. 

Yeah it a pretty decent TE room, not all world or anything but still pretty good. We haven't gotten to see a whole lot of Granson so far, hopefully that changes going forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah it a pretty decent TE room, not all world or anything but still pretty good. We haven't gotten to see a whole lot of Granson so far, hopefully that changes going forward.

I agree. I think we'd feel very confident in that group if Granson could consistently be a threat and be good at what he brings to that position. The "they can all do differently things" .... Granson needs to be the receiving threat. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1, 4, and 5, yes. 

3- I don't think Patmon is the guy. Don't disagree w/giving them a shot though. 

2- Yes, unfortunate. Hard when BOTH starting safeties are out, as well. 

I don't know if Patmon is or not. Maybe he is or maybe he's a 3 or 4 but he looked good in the pre season prior to his injury and he played a lot of snaps last night in his first game back he just didn't get but one target and he got it. I just want to see if he or Strachan can develop and be a real weapon since they are both big and have good speed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

I am with you on Wentz, he has been everything they are looking for in a franchise QB. 

As for the pass defense with Blackmon and Willis both being out and the ineptitude at CB it will probably be a problem all year. The pressure Paye is starting to get on the QB and Dayo starting to look more comfortable out there should help some though.

Hopefully like you said they start going to guys like Patmon, Strachan and Granson a little more often to see what they have in them.

Also they need to start getting MO more targets, he had i think one last night. He is a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

Yeah Mo is to stiff. He has a limited route tree and good on certain plays but he is limited although he is good at his role. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don't know if Patmon is or not. Maybe he is or maybe he's a 3 or 4 but he looked good in the pre season prior to his injury and he played a lot of snaps last night in his first game back he just didn't get but one target and he got it. I just want to see if he or Strachan can develop and be a real weapon since they are both big and have good speed. 

With all the hype about Strachan coming out of training camp and the injuries at the WR position i am a little surprised that he hasn't really gotten any snaps so far this season. Has he even been on a game day roster this season?

Edited by Hoosier51

4 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

With all the hype about Strachan coming out of training camp and the injuries at the WR position i am a little surprised that he hasn't really gotten any snaps so far this season. Has he even been on a game day roster this season?

Game 1. Had a solid game. Don't forget... he sat out last year. WAYYY behind. 

But yes, a little surprised. I think when healthy we have a pretty clear top 4. Obviously that WR core is probably going to get blown up this offseason, much like corner. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

He entered the year behind and with limited experience. He has a limited route tree which makes him only available for certain plays. I think they wanted to bring him along slow this year like they did Patmon last year. Keep him on the roster but inactive and develop him but with the poor start and all the injuries the decided to start throwing him out their some last night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last nights game score of 45-30 was a scoropoly, which means its the first time ever an NFL game ended with that exact score. Not sure why thats important but pretty cool. the ultimate scoropoly is 6-1

Colts have had two of those this season. Scorigami is the correct term. 😆

1 hour ago, rico said:

Jets 1st possession-punt

Colts 1st possession-TD

Jets 2nd-TD

Colts 2nd-TD

Jets 3rd-turnover

Colts 3rd-TD

Jets 4th-FG

Colts 4th-TD

Jets 5th-time expires

Let me correct what I meant to say...... I felt they let off the gas a bit on defense during the second half..... We stayed strong and tough up front, I just felt they played the pass a bit more soft the second half. They kept their foot mashed down on offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Jets 1st possession-punt

Colts 1st possession-TD

Jets 2nd-TD

Colts 2nd-TD

Jets 3rd-turnover

Colts 3rd-TD

Jets 4th-FG

Colts 4th-TD

Jets 5th-time expires

I felt uneasy with this game until White got hurt. As soon as they brought in the backup to the backup quarterback, I knew the Jets couldn't win the game.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

They were 12th coming into the game. Jets finding garbage points at the end of an a** beating doesn't do a whole lot of me. Both starting safeties are out, I assume Willis will be back in 10 days.... Rhodes needs to be healthy. 

We also need to draft one or bring in a sure fire starter next year at corner. Front 7 are REALLYYYYY good, Blackmon and Kenny are REALLY good, as well. 

Willis was put on IR so he had to miss 3 games

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I felt uneasy with this game until White got hurt. As soon as they brought in the backup to the backup quarterback, I knew the Jets couldn't win the game.

I was uneasy the entire 1st half.  When the Colts went up 28-10 I felt better especially knowing they got the ball 1st to start the 2nd half.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Everybody looked good last night.....I'm very happy. Still a couple decisions I didn't like from Reich but overall very nice job......let us not forget....this is the Jets. @btownqb could have thrown to our receivers they were that wide open tonight. This was the same team that got waxed by a rookie qb in NE for 54 points and got blitzed by the lowly Denver Broncos 26-0. But I'm not disappointed...I'm quite happy....another winning week in my survivor league.