2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Everybody looked good last night.....I'm very happy. Still a couple decisions I didn't like from Reich but overall very nice job......let us not forget....this is the Jets. @btownqb could have thrown to our receivers they were that wide open tonight. This was the same team that got waxed by a rookie qb in NE for 54 points and got blitzed by the lowly Denver Broncos 26-0. But I'm not disappointed...I'm quite happy....another winning week in my survivor league.

Everyone plays poor teams. If the Colts hadn't of had that brutal 3 game stretch to start the year... they'd be way more in the hunt. 

And the separation that was created by the WRs is what the rest of these QBs throw to EVERY game. Wentz finally had people around him (OL and WR) play great. And yes, I would have been able to make those throws lol except the one to Pittman. 

What decisions by Frank did you not like? 

Brady made a career playing 6 scrub teams a year (2x a year vs Jets, Bills, and Phins)

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Everybody looked good last night.....I'm very happy. Still a couple decisions I didn't like from Reich but overall very nice job......let us not forget....this is the Jets. @btownqb could have thrown to our receivers they were that wide open tonight. This was the same team that got waxed by a rookie qb in NE for 54 points and got blitzed by the lowly Denver Broncos 26-0. But I'm not disappointed...I'm quite happy....another winning week in my survivor league.

This same Jets team beat Tennessee and Cincinnati...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Funny...if the Jets had just finished pounding in that last score at the end of the game they would have covered the spread....crazy in a blowout like that how people that went to bed in the 4th quarter thinking they were in the money almost woke up in a dead sweat lol. 

The fact that it was mostly over a 10pt spread all week tells you this game was always viewed as being a blow out. Even stranger the over/under was so low and yet it was expected to be a blowout. Stranger things have happened...like Cincy losing last week...but vegas couldn't even get people to bet money that this would be a close game...the outcome was as expected.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well we know the Saints are interested as they tried to work out a trade for him to no avail due to money...be interesting to see who else might be. He is not Giants OBJ...in theory LV and GB would make sense...but hard to say chemistry wise what is his expectations and how he fit in. Is he going to be a headcase...demanding targets...or is he just wanting a place to win?? There are teams that could use a boost to their receiving core...Atlanta, SF, Carolina, and even the Colts could use a bump in the pass catcher category.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It is also a team that beat the Titans who we lost twice to.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well we know the Saints are interested as they tried to work out a trade for him to no avail due to money...be interesting to see who else might be. He is not Giants OBJ...in theory LV and GB would make sense...but hard to say chemistry wise what is his expectations and how he fit in. Is he going to be a headcase...demanding targets...or is he just wanting a place to win?? There are teams that could use a boost to their receiving core...Atlanta, SF, Carolina, and even the Colts could use a bump in the pass catcher category.

So you are saying he will end up with the Rams?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t care how talented a player is and how much he/she can help a team, …….Once he/she starts pulling &h*t like that, they’re never happy and become a cancer! Those kind of players can completely destroy team chemistry!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I don’t care how talented a player is and how much he/she can help a team, …….Once he/she starts pulling &h*t like that, they’re never happy and become a cancer! They lose kind of players can completely destroy team chemistry!

Agreed...which is why it's so hard to tell where he may land....some coaches might think they can bring him in and help them get over the hump to make the playoffs, others might want no part even if he might fit what they need, and others like Belichek or Payton might feel like they have a strong enough control over the locker room to handle him....very difficult to say where he goes....I think a place like LV would be awful given they just lost their coach and have turmoil losing a young wr...just isn't a good time to introduce someone like this....but a team maybe like GB who has a veteran qb leading maybe they can get away with a bit of a knucklehead. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed...which is why it's so hard to tell where he may land....some coaches might think they can bring him in and help them get over the hump to make the playoffs, others might want no part even if he might fit what they need, and others like Belichek or Payton might feel like they have a strong enough control over the locker room to handle him....very difficult to say where he goes....I think a place like LV would be awful given they just lost their coach and have turmoil losing a young wr...just isn't a good time to introduce someone like this....but a team maybe like GB who has a veteran qb leading maybe they can get away with a bit of a knucklehead. 

When “already rostered” players are shopping themselves around while trashing their team, I have zero interest in him/her. They will eventually do it to the next team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

When “already rostered” players are shopping themselves around while trashing their team, I have zero interest in him/her. They will eventually do it to the next team.

Completely understand...I too would want no part. That said I'm not on the verge of losing my job and racked with a team of injuries etc etc. Desperate people will do desperate things....and there is always someone out there that is like a woman and thinks they can "fix" the player "man".

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Still a couple decisions I didn't like from Reich but overall very nice job......let us not forget....this is the Jets.

While it is just the Jets, they have a couple of decent wins, beating both the Titans and the Bengals who are both pretty good this season. They had ten sacks in those two games and held Joe Mixon to 33 yds on 18 carries. And even though Henry was his typical self they harassed Tannehill the whole game, sacking him 7 times. That same defense the Colts moved the ball at will.

Edited by Hoosier51