2023 NFL Discussion

rico

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

Does Solider Fields grass always suck that bad? 

And the Bears get sacked on the last play lol just wow

Regarding the field. Yes. Bears don't own or maintain. It's run by the city.....one of many, many things wrong with the worst ran organization from top to bottom in the NFL. At least the Texans and Jets are semi competitive.

Bears have lost me and until the so called stool pigeon owners make changes I'm not making an effort to watch this product. Zero development of Fields, getting him injured in process....no first round pick next year because we traded up to get Fields,etc...

I'll say what I've said for years. Call Louis Riddick. Let him finish out his MNF duties but get him on board as our GM as soon as possible to straighten this mess out. From bad contracts to players who don't want to be there.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really, really impressive win by Colts...and that model they have right now is the type that wins in January. Just have to figure a way into the dance. I see 10 wins pretty easily....getting to 11 means winning home vs Bucs or at Arizona.

NFL is like the most humbling league I've ever seen.  After an atrocious first 3 weeks.. Colts are 6-2 in their last 8 and I think we can all agree we could easily be 7-1/8-0 in that stretch. 

I mentioned after the Ravens game, while it was ungodly frustrating... the bottom line was they proved they belonged and were capable, until that point we'd looked abysmal. (Some of it was justified)

Either way.. Colts aren't in a bad spot because they're playing well. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding the field. Yes. Bears don't own or maintain. It's run by the city.....one of many, many things wrong with the worst ran organization from top to bottom in the NFL. At least the Texans and Jets are semi competitive.

Bears have lost me and until the so called stool pigeon owners make changes I'm not making an effort to watch this product. Zero development of Fields, getting him injured in process....no first round pick next year because we traded up to get Fields,etc...

I'll say what I've said for years. Call Louis Riddick. Let him finish out his MNF duties but get him on board as our GM as soon as possible to straighten this mess out. From bad contracts to players who don't want to be there.

I know Jackson was held out because of an illness....but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore held him out because of Soldier Field. That is the worst turf in the NFL by a long shot. It is HORRIBLE...and I wonder how many injuries it has caused. I wouldn't play my superstar on that field.

• Like 1

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-start-game-vs-Jaguars-with-rare-drive-16639503.php

Funny to say an opening drive FG is a game winning drive but what SF did yesterday....you just don't recover from something like that. After that it was all down hill sledding. Crazy they got all the way to 4th and 1 and just kicked the fg but I don't think it even matters...the game was essentially over after that.