2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

to put in perspective, the Cardinals  had their best qb, wr and rb out yesterday, and won handily. Quality depth is so overlooked in the NFL

That doesn't make it anymore acceptable though if you're the opposing team. Seattle was a FG favorite at the time of kick.. what was Chicago? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Bears fans have to be dejected today right? Got to play at home, against a backup in a spot start.. Ravens didn't have best (RB or WR) either, yes I know Dobbins has been out all year but still. Best QB, RB, and WR on one team was out and they lost at home after having a lead late. Gross, absolutely gross. 

I am trying to be as respectful as I can be when I say this because I truly don't have anything against them and I love Justin Fields.... the Bears suck. 

Edit: Bears played without Robinson yesterday, so I guess the WRs being out was equal. 

No....stay with the we suck part. I'm trying to figure out how we beat Bengals, Raiders...and the really scary part is that we are 3-7 and if we didn't melt down vs 49ers, Steelers, Ravens we would be 6-4.

Tough road ahead. I'll say it again. Get Louis Riddick to unfold this mess. We'll probably have to trade a healthy Mack to get picks and go from there. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

to put in perspective, the Cardinals  had their best qb, wr and rb out yesterday, and won handily. Quality depth is so overlooked in the NFL

Or quality coaching. In this case....we have neither. One because of our GM and the other because of who our GM hired. One giant suck fest going on at Halas Hall.

45 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colt Mccoy is about as professional a backup as you will find in the NFL. Underrated guy imo....and the fact I don't think anyone would have thought he would last 5 years..much less be the only qb from that 2010 draft still in the NFL.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No....stay with the we suck part. I'm trying to figure out how we beat Bengals, Raiders...and the really scary part is that we are 3-7 and if we didn't melt down vs 49ers, Steelers, Ravens we would be 6-4.

Tough road ahead. I'll say it again. Get Louis Riddick to unfold this mess. We'll probably have to trade a healthy Mack to get picks and go from there. 

I never understood the Mack trade to begin with but 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You have a chance to bring in one of the best you do it.....the problem remains the rest of the cap.

This year for example we have $42M in cap hit in ARob, Quinn, Nick Foles, and Jimmy Graham. None of those guys are coming back. Should have been traded...or at least 3 of them should have been....but to tie up $42M on those guys is asinine. Especially if you don't plan on targeting one of them (ARob). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You have a chance to bring in one of the best you do it.....the problem remains the rest of the cap.

This year for example we have $42M in cap hit in ARob, Quinn, Nick Foles, and Jimmy Graham. None of those guys are coming back. Should have been traded...or at least 3 of them should have been....but to tie up $42M on those guys is asinine. Especially if you don't plan on targeting one of them (ARob). 

But.. the defense was already good? 

You gave up the house for him and didn't even have a QB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I didnt understand the trade because I didn't understand the path they were on to build a complete team. I am also not an NFL GM or even close to one and Kahlil Mack is great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

The Mack trade was like what you do when you have everything in place for a deep playoff run. I understand it given that you had Aaron Rodgers in your division but to give up that many picks and pay him when you don’t even have the qb of your future seemed a bit premature. You tell me you are trading and going all in on a proven qb like Watson or something ok…but I agree…it was like a bad gm throwinf the rabid fanbase a bone because they are the monsters of the midway and he didn’t have a single identifiable player on that side of the ball at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah if you trusted your roster you should know you drafted the answers to those positions already. You had A Robs replacement in Mooney already on the roster and had Kmet…gotta think they should have invested heavily in protecting that top draft pick who has the tendency to be slow to make his reads and a long throwinf motion.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think Colts TEs, as a whole, are very very solid.  

Doyle is as good of a blocker as I've seen.  

Hard to argue/question anything the Colts are doing right now offensively.  But I feel they need to upgrade the TE position or at least utilize what they got more in the passing game.  That being said I am just nit picking and probably too used to the Manning led Colts receiving arsenal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Hard to argue/question anything the Colts are doing right now offensively.  But I feel they need to upgrade the TE position or at least utilize what they got more in the passing game.  That being said I am just nit picking and probably too used to the Manning led Colts receiving arsenal.

This. 

Colts can replace that production in other ways. Namely Hines production along with JT in the passing game. Granson was chosen as the vertical threat/man beater, and I like what we've seen from him. 

No two teams are built the same, no teams have the same emphasis on certain things. The Colts TE's ability to block and not just "block" but literally throw the most important blocks, at times, on some of our biggest run plays. Shew. Hard to put a price tag on that stuff. 

We need a #2 WR absolutely no question. 

We are built very uniquely. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rico said:

While i have been a fan of Mo Alie-Cox and wanting to see him involved more, i think he is what he is now. A decent TE that can give you the occasional great catch or TD. I like the potential Granson has and the old reliabilty of Doyle but i wouldn't mind them upgrading the position either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

@Seeking6 has Nagy been let go? Heard he was told he is being let go. Not sure if immediately,  end of season or just a bad rumor

No clue. Like with everything up there...total dysfunction. Usually Nagy, Pace, and Phillips meet each week to discuss things but they aren't this week because of game on Thursday. Would be a total Pace move to fire him without seeing him. 

I think I've mentioned on here before but if not....buddy of mine has an in somehow with Cole Kmet's Dad. I'm paraphrasing but the players don't even respect Nagy and haven't for this and last year. Almost to the point where players have mocked him. Now people can say what they want whether it's players or staff....but when a relationship gets to that point the leader (Pace) needed to step in and either cut players or fire coach.

Total train wreck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

While i have been a fan of Mo Alie-Cox and wanting to see him involved more, i think he is what he is now. A decent TE that can give you the occasional great catch or TD. I like the potential Granson has and the old reliabilty of Doyle but i wouldn't mind them upgrading the position either.

I just.. idk. I'm not sure how we'd pay an upgrade. Like we couldn't pay a Kittle or Waller or Kelce... ya know? 

We paid Nelson, Kelly, and Smith

Same with DE.. we can't pay a Freeney. We paid Moore, DL, and Buck. 

Moe is a well above average blocker, as well. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue. Like with everything up there...total dysfunction. Usually Nagy, Pace, and Phillips meet each week to discuss things but they aren't this week because of game on Thursday. Would be a total Pace move to fire him without seeing him. 

I think I've mentioned on here before but if not....buddy of mine has an in somehow with Cole Kmet's Dad. I'm paraphrasing but the players don't even respect Nagy and haven't for this and last year. Almost to the point where players have mocked him. Now people can say what they want whether it's players or staff....but when a relationship gets to that point the leader (Pace) needed to step in and either cut players or fire coach.

Total train wreck.

They don't even fire coaches "well".. shew. Tough times in Chi Town. 

• Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

I just.. idk. I'm not sure how we'd pay an upgrade. Like we couldn't pay a Kittle or Waller or Kelce... ya know? 

We paid Nelson, Kelly, and Smith

Same with DE.. we can't pay a Freeney. We paid Moore, DL, and Buck. 

Moe is a well above average blocker, as well. 

I was thinking more through the draft.... ya know.

Free Agency isn't the only route for an upgrade.

• Like 1