2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Go Bengals!  :D

Are you a Bengals fan? Like legit? That's cool. I have a pretty good friend that is. He is constantly telling me how great they are. I think they are still two years away, but have definitely made a lot of good moves recently. My friend is incredibly Cinci bias lol 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Are you a Bengals fan? Like legit? That's cool. I have a pretty good friend that is. He is constantly telling me how great they are. I think they are still two years away, but have definitely made a lot of good moves recently. My friend is incredibly Cinci bias lol 

I was a Bengals fan for many years before the Colts even moved to Indy.  Became an equal fan of both when Peyton was with the Colts but since he left, it's all Bengals again.  

If they had a decent O-Line, they would be one of the 5 best teams in the league.  I'm not sure if they will ever 'get there' with the current coaching staff though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was a Bengals fan for many years before the Colts even moved to Indy.  Became an equal fan of both when Peyton was with the Colts but since he left, it's all Bengals again.  

If they had a decent O-Line, they would be one of the 5 best teams in the league.  I'm not sure if they will ever 'get there' with the current coaching staff though.

My dad was a Bengals/Raiders fan until the Colts got here. AFC North football bores me lol I couldn't watch 6 games of that a year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Never had a problem cheering for the Bengals. Spring of 1982 fresh off the Super Bowl I was delivering newspapers...and one of my customers invited me in to meet Ken Anderson because they knew I was a big fan. He was Godparent to their kids. To a 8 year old my head exploded meeting him. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Definitely impacted him yesterday.  Unless it improves, he'll have a problem getting the ball deep.  And, will hurt velocity on short throws as well, making them more vulnerable to be picked.

I think they will get the swelling down and while it certainly could still hurt they will numb that pinky up and he will be good to go. Besides, they need to feed Mixon next week anyways maybe it will be a blessing in disguise.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yesterday's game against Chargers invoke a lot of 'Freezer Bowl' memories among Bengals fans.  I remember watching that game with my dad from the comforts of our family room.  Absolutely insane they played that game in those conditions.

It was a typical Bengals season all wrapped into a game imo. They sucked....then it looked like they might have some hope...before finish the game sucking again lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yesterday's game against Chargers invoke a lot of 'Freezer Bowl' memories among Bengals fans.  I remember watching that game with my dad from the comforts of our family room.  Absolutely insane they played that game in those conditions.

I remember it well. I grew up a huge Bengals fan before I moved to Bloomington. Thats was a crazy game for sure. T

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I forgot they play Arizona still. Some reason I thought they still had San Francisco but that was the road game in the rain. To me the NE game is still bigger....for conference and tie breaker purposes....I think there is a good chance we could perhaps get a road matchup against Tennessee if we can beat NE....which would be a good matchup for us.

Need to win the AFC games for the tie breakers

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yep, before the Colts moved here you saw a lot of Bengals and Bears on local TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yep, before the Colts moved here you saw a lot of Bengals and Bears on local TV.

My dad was a Bears fan, Cubs too. Celtics NBA. I was pretty young but just starting to watch sports with him when the Colts came so I was basically always just a Colts fan....even if a slight Joe Montana/49er fans during those years lol.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My dad was a Bears fan, Cubs too. Celtics NBA. I was pretty young but just starting to watch sports with him when the Colts came so I was basically always just a Colts fan....even if a slight Joe Montana/49er fans during those years lol.

I was 14 when the Colts moved and was a Cowboys fan before that.  I still followed them some but became a Colts fan.  I don't like Jerry Jones so I can't stand the Cowboys now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Wasn't it the week before where we had that heller game between Miami and San Diego?

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It seemed like here in the Indy area CBS which had the NFC at the time showed the Bears at 1 and the Cowboys played a lot of 4 o'clock games.  NBC had the AFC and the Browns or Bengals were always on

For me it seemed:

CBS was the Bears with the Cowboys and Vikings in the "national" game.

NBC was the Browns and Bengals and the "national" game seemed like it was Miami, Raiders, and Chargers.

It also seemed to me that the Cowboys and Dolphins were on MNF all the time.

• Like 2