2023 NFL Discussion

rico

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Colts just locked up Kelly for a big chunk of change. Highest paid center and here for another 4 years. Makes sense to get this one out of the way now. Focus on Nelson next year. I think the Colts still have plenty of cap room left so probably not a big deal $ wise. Either way...shoring up your Oline for years is never a bad move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts just locked up Kelly for a big chunk of change. Highest paid center and here for another 4 years. Makes sense to get this one out of the way now. Focus on Nelson next year. I think the Colts still have plenty of cap room left so probably not a big deal $ wise. Either way...shoring up your Oline for years is never a bad move.

That is a great move and the OL is pretty young besides Constanzo.  Will have to get a now LT in the next or so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have decided to unfollow the NFL. 

Any league that encourages or allows a team to stay in the locker room during the national anthem is not deserving of my time.

I may be in the minority but that’s the way it is 

Add me to the list. You can also add the NBA, Nascar and ESPN. I hope they all go down the sewer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Any league that encourages or allows a team to stay in the locker room during the national anthem is not deserving of my time.

I'm just not interested in sports anymore for a variety of reasons.  I sure hope they get the fans back soon.  It's not the same without.

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I remember a time when teams were always in the locker room for the anthem.  I don't knw when it changed but I remember teams coming out and warming up and go back to the locker room.  In that time they would play the national anthem and then the teams come back out and warm up for a couple of minutes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I remember a time when teams were always in the locker room for the anthem.  I don't knw when it changed but I remember teams coming out and warming up and go back to the locker room.  In that time they would play the national anthem and then the teams come back out and warm up for a couple of minutes.

Yep, I remember that as well.

21 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not to turn this thread sideways, but as I understand it, it was not a requirement for NFL players to be on the sideline during the anthem until 2009. Interestingly enough, 2009 is the same year the military began paying the NFL millions of dollars in tax payer money.  

The NFL didn’t get all super patriotic until the tax payer money began rolling in. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not to turn this thread sideways, but as I understand it, it was not a requirement for NFL players to be on the sideline during the anthem until 2009. Interestingly enough, 2009 is the same year the military began paying the NFL millions of dollars in tax payer money.  

The NFL didn’t get all super patriotic until the tax payer money began rolling in. 

I'll just add this and get back to NFL 2020. The players reaped the benefits of their patriotism. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Most? The CBA at the time was players received 47-48.5% of revenues. I don't know... this feels like a thread direction I don't want to go down. 

So we're going to blame the players for a deal they didn't seek out, negotiate or execute the rules around? This is an owner/politician thing, not a player thing. The players didn't ask for a deal with the federal government which then resulted in rules that put faux patriotism (I say faux because it wasn't there until it was paid for) on the league. 

I hear you though, I'm not trying to get this thread locked, so will stop here. 

• Like 1

Tennessee Titans first round pick Isaiah Wilson arrested for DUI Friday night. This after being on Covid list twice, issued trespass warning for attending a party back in August. This kid seems intent on derailing his career before it starts.

Part that concerns me most about season. Won't be the 95% who handle their business responsibly....it's the 5% like these guys. All it takes is 1. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Name one team that’s not ‘your team’ you are most excited to see this weekend. 

For me, it’s Tampa Bay...everything on paper says they will be formidable, but will these new pieces jive? 

One team that's not my team. Colts. I think Rivers is going to play with even a bigger chip. If that's possible. Looking forward to seeing that.

One game....Bucs/Saints. So much talent on field. Swan song for Brees and of course Brady. He finally has multiple options to use...even with Evans probably being out. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One team that's not my team. Colts. I think Rivers is going to play with even a bigger chip. If that's possible. Looking forward to seeing that.

One game....Bucs/Saints. So much talent on field. Swan song for Brees and of course Brady. He finally has multiple options to use...even with Evans probably being out. 

Colts were my second choice.

• Like 1