2023 NFL Discussion

rico

41 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe...or maybe not.

Andre Johnson had a HOF career in Houston with Matt Schaub throwing him the ball.

Some of Larry Fitzgerald's most productive years were with guys named John Skelton, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Lindley as quarterbacks.

Neither of these guys had big problems excelling with below average quarterbacks. 

IMO, you get talent first, whenever and wherever available, and worry about the rest as you go along.

You arent wrong about those two WRs, for sure. But, other than Adams, none of these WRs are anywhere close to HOF level. 

I guess, I'm confused where we are in this discussion. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You arent wrong about those two WRs, for sure. But, other than Adams, none of these WRs are anywhere close to HOF level. 

I guess, I'm confused where we are in this discussion. 

Godwin has been pretty lethal his entire career, regardless of QB. 

A-Rob has been pretty good, sans this past season, regardless of QB.

Colts need to go get one of those guys, regardless or who are QB is next year. Or get real crazy and try to bring in both Rodgers and Adams. 

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Godwin has been pretty lethal his entire career, regardless of QB. 

A-Rob has been pretty good, sans this past season, regardless of QB.

Colts need to go get one of those guys, regardless or who are QB is next year. Or get real crazy and try to bring in both Rodgers and Adams. 

I wouldn't overpay for either of those two. I would have for Godwin before the injury, I am completely lukewarm on Allen Robinson. 

I certainly wouldn't be mad with getting either of them. It would be incredible if we could get like 14 games from Parris Campbell, that dude isn't a "bust", he just can't stay healthy. 

• Like 1

Interesting stuff out of LA this week. Rams had to go to silent count in 2nd half because of all the 49ers fans/noise.

Something to keep an eye on this weekend. Cowboys are planning white out but my guess it's going to look like one giant candy cane....lots of red will be in those stands. Going to be a great weekend of football.....as always with the NFL.

Well, Colts owner made a bold statement yesterday about the future of this team. 

"The buck stops with me, and this experience makes me even more determined to bring Indiana a contending team. We are already working toward the future, and I’m going to do whatever it takes to put us in a position to win next year and for years to come."

IMO, doing "whatever it takes" means he ABSOLUTELY, HAS TO open up his pocket book much more than he's used to. Put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by Artesian_86

14 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, Colts owner made a bold statement yesterday about the future of this team. 

"The buck stops with me, and this experience makes me even more determined to bring Indiana a contending team. We are already working toward the future, and I’m going to do whatever it takes to put us in a position to win next year and for years to come."

IMO, doing "whatever it takes" means he ABSOLUTELY, HAS TO open up his pocket book much more than he's used to. Put your money where your mouth is.

I think Irsay will spend the money I think Ballard is the prude in the deal. 

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Don't you agree though?.....Good grief, if Irsay IS going to open up his pocket book then he should have some say in the deciding factor.

For sure. Ballard needs to stop shopping at the Dollar General and at least start looking at Kohls.The old blue light specials are not going to cut it. Just go get Rodgers and Adams and all will be fine. 😀

• Like 1

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

He needs one person to listen to him.  He may be an ass but he's one of ours.  I don't want him turning into CNN.

I don't have a problem with him being an a**. The only thing he and I have in common are IU, and that alone doesn't make me respect or care about him. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

For sure. Ballard needs to stop shopping at the Dollar General and at least start looking at Kohls.The old blue light specials are not going to cut it. Just go get Rodgers and Adams and all will be fine. 😀

Yep, go get one of those kind of QB's and move on. I do like Target...🤩

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

I bet the Colts bring Carson back.  They traded a number one for him, and that's a tough pill to swallow if that were the cost for one, non-playoff year. 

Even if you want to argue that is a sunk cost, who can they realistically get?  Rodgers will likely stay in GB.  He just made favorable comments about the GM.  Wilson?  Everything I have heard is the NYG or big market.  Watson?  Colts don't have the draft capital and are a divisional rival. 

Draft?  They don't have a first round pick.  Carson Strong has been touted for the second round.  But turning over your team to a rookie when you are trying to win smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face.  

If they wanted to trade him for another QB, who is even on the block?  Jared Goff.  I think his contract his massive.  Derek Carr would be perfect here but the Raiders have no reason to trade him unless something bizarre happens like the Raiders hire Flores and he brings Watson.  I guess you stay open for the unforeseen but otherwise likely stay the course. 

If Jimmy has had it with Carson, all bets are off, of course but I bet he can be talked off the ledge if nothing else makes sense.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

I

21 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I bet the Colts bring Carson back.  They traded a number one for him, and that's a tough pill to swallow if that were the cost for one, non-playoff year.  Even if you want to argue that is a sunk cost, who can they realistically get?  Rodgers will likely stay in GB.  He just made favorable comments about the GM.  Wilson?  Everything I have heard is the NYG.  Watson?  Colts don't have the draft capital and are a divisional rival?  Draft?  They don't have a first round pick.  Carson Strong has been touted for the second round.  But turning over your team to a rookie when you are trying to win smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face.  

I would be shocked if Wentz is not back next year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I bet the Colts bring Carson back.  They traded a number one for him, and that's a tough pill to swallow if that were the cost for one, non-playoff year. 

Even if you want to argue that is a sunk cost, who can they realistically get?  Rodgers will likely stay in GB.  He just made favorable comments about the GM.  Wilson?  Everything I have heard is the NYG or big market.  Watson?  Colts don't have the draft capital and are a divisional rival. 

Draft?  They don't have a first round pick.  Carson Strong has been touted for the second round.  But turning over your team to a rookie when you are trying to win smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face.  

If they wanted to trade him for another QB, who is even on the block?  Jared Goff.  I think his contract his massive.  Derek Carr would be perfect here but the Raiders have no reason to trade him unless something bizarre happens like the Raiders hire Flores and he brings Watson.  I guess you stay open for the unforeseen but otherwise likely stay the course. 

If Jimmy has had it with Carson, all bets are off, of course but I bet he can be talked off the ledge if nothing else makes sense.

The flip side is Chris Ballard makes a lot of money to fill the holes in the roster and find long-term solutions, and while he has mostly done a great job of drafting his ability to find us a long-term option at QB (as well as some other perpetual holes we have) have been a big miss for him. 

I'm a Ballard fan, but the reality we have the same holes YoY and have only made the playoffs 40% of the time in his tenure, in a really bad division. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He needs one person to listen to him.  He may be an ass but he's one of ours.  I don't want him turning into CNN.

It's weird how some people do not like the media, yet are obsessed with them. Most "media" are showman turning tricks for $$. He'll say what turns people on, just like everyone else. These guys want enemies and fans, nothing else matters to them. 

Sure I'll get ripped to shreds on this one....

Jameious Winston was having an excellent season this year until he got hurt. He signed a one year contract with the Saints for $5.5 million. Every thing that I have read suggests he's on track for a full comeback, healthwise. 

I would be willing to sign him for another low cost "show us" contract and use the savings to go out and get playmakers. Again, with the assumption that his health is good, I don't see this as being a step back from Wentz.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sure I'll get ripped to shreds on this one....

Jameious Winston was having an excellent season this year until he got hurt. He signed a one year contract with the Saints for $5.5 million. Every thing that I have read suggests he's on track for a full comeback, healthwise. 

I would be willing to sign him for another low cost "show us" contract and use the savings to go out and get playmakers. Again, with the assumption that his health is good, I don't see this as being a step back from Wentz.

Winston intrigued me last year and I would be fine with that. Then go get Godwin