2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's Quinn, also going to try and get Caldwell aa OC and see if Eberflus Any interest in DC

I read Quinn is a favorite, but where are you hearing it is a done deal?

I figured Caldwell would be recruited for OC...rumor was George wanted him as HC, but Poles demanded to be allowed to hire HC in order to accept position today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I read Quinn is a favorite, but where are you hearing it is a done deal?

I figured Caldwell would be recruited for OC...rumor was George wanted him as HC, but Poles demanded to be allowed to hire HC in order to accept position today.

Just read Poles will be doing all interviews by end of day tomorrow. Not really enamored with any of these guys but who knows. Keep reading more on Poles and really like this move. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Payton doing the Parcells shuffle. Step away for a year and find a team in 2 years with a better QB situation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Payton doing the Parcells shuffle. Step away for a year and find a team in 2 years with a better QB situation. 

I was thinking he might go to the Cowboys after they fire McCarthy. Imagining him with that wealth of offensive talent would be scary. But yeah if you have two qbs then you have no qb...the Winston/Hill situation will be a mess. I don't think he wants to be remembered as a coach taking the Saints back into mediocrity...he wants his tenure to be the Brees era. Take a break...refresh...and then make a decision if you want to coach again and pick your place. Lots of options out there with good young qbs that could use a SB winning coach upgrade.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just read Poles will be doing all interviews by end of day tomorrow. Not really enamored with any of these guys but who knows. Keep reading more on Poles and really like this move. 

They are saying he can/might add to that list of candidates. He has ties to Flores, so I am keeping fingers crossed. I definitely don't want Caldwell as head coach. If Giants haven't already hired him, I wonder if he will bring in Dabolls for second interview?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

They are saying he can/might add to that list of candidates. He has ties to Flores, so I am keeping fingers crossed. I definitely don't want Caldwell as head coach. If Giants haven't already hired him, I wonder if he will bring in Dabolls for second interview?

I'm curious if Bieniemy has some sort of in waiting agreement with Chiefs. His name not being mentioned as much is a tad puzzling. 

I'm with you on Flores. Caldwell seems like a decent guy but he's not my choice at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I bet Payton will be coaching Dallas in the near future.

Seems like the obvious move. McCarthy gets fired and poof you have Payton with those weapons? Another place could be Arizona too. Their owner was not happy at all about the slide toward the end of the season. If I'm a free agent coach or qb...I'm staying away from the AFC for time being if all things equal. AFC is loaded for next 10 years.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm curious if Bieniemy has some sort of in waiting agreement with Chiefs. His name not being mentioned as much is a tad puzzling. 

I'm with you on Flores. Caldwell seems like a decent guy but he's not my choice at all. 

The knock on Bieniemy I think is that Reid calls most of the plays. I know that did not stop the Eagles from getting Siriani but I think it hurts EB

• Like 2

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

The knock on Bieniemy I think is that Reid calls most of the plays. I know that did not stop the Eagles from getting Siriani but I think it hurts EB

That's part of that.  He also doesn't do the game planning.  Reid does that too.  I've also heard Bieniemy is terrible in interviews.  Can't say that is accurate...just what I've heard.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 7:38 AM, Seeking6 said:

I think the 49ers did this in regular season but does anyone know if the Bills could have just held or even tackled the Chiefs  (Kelce and Hill) at line of scrimmage at end of regulation final drive? Just take the penalty but get clock to run down?

That final 13 seconds is going to be remembered and referenced in Bills history forever. 

Man the Bills rack em up history wise. The Music City mircle happened with 16 seconds.

https://youtu.be/1Xa67skNKoc

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

That's part of that.  He also doesn't do the game planning.  Reid does that too.  I've also heard Bieniemy is terrible in interviews.  Can't say that is accurate...just what I've heard.

Seems there might be an agenda in the media to push the narrative for him because he is a POC but honestly...it does minorities and NFL no good if they hire someone that isn't fit for a position and then have to move on quickly when it doesnt work out. It could just set minority coaches back even further. Everyone seems to love Eric as far as players/staff etc...but there seems to be a huge disconnect to his abilities to run an entire team, take media, call plays, and lead men and what the media seems to want to push in trying to say he should get every job that comes available.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He won't be ready at the start of the season I don't think...or at least for offseason activities. I don't know if him landing a starting gig is a real possibility. That said I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in to "push" Carson. Not only do I think Carson needs to feel pressure to have the best season of his career but he also has the tendency to get hurt...and we should be a playoff team and I want a capable qb behind him. It was different with Luck and Peyton...if they got hurt you knew the season was over regardless if it was major because the teams couldn't carry us....but with the squad we have...a good backup is a great investment to keep us afloat until the starter comes back or keep us in the playoff picture. I'm ok with Jameis or something similar on that level.

Just going to call my shot now. Rodgers to the least likely team out there? 49ers. 2 1's and maybe Trey Lance head to Green Bay for Rodgers. LeFleur and Shanahan old friends. No clue what this means for Davante Adams. Can't imagine he wants to saddle up to a new qb which means he gets tagged....and doesn't report until week 10 or traded to the 49ers too. 

Far fetched I know but this is my guess.

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just going to call my shot now. Rodgers to the least likely team out there? 49ers. 2 1's and maybe Trey Lance head to Green Bay for Rodgers. LeFleur and Shanahan old friends. No clue what this means for Davante Adams. Can't imagine he wants to saddle up to a new qb which means he gets tagged....and doesn't report until week 10 or traded to the 49ers too. 

What happens to Giraffealo in your circus scenario?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Does that move get made if the 49ers win the Super Bowl?