2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just going to call my shot now. Rodgers to the least likely team out there? 49ers. 2 1's and maybe Trey Lance head to Green Bay for Rodgers. LeFleur and Shanahan old friends. No clue what this means for Davante Adams. Can't imagine he wants to saddle up to a new qb which means he gets tagged....and doesn't report until week 10 or traded to the 49ers too. 

Far fetched I know but this is my guess.

Why would GB want Lance since GB just drafted their future QB last year.

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Still hearing it's been Quinn and Poles 

I have talked myself into Quinn. He was middle of the pack candidate for me when the process started. I will be on board with it as long as this is who Poles truly wants as his guy as HC and he brings in a really good coaching staff. Media keeps mentioning he is well liked and respected in the league and should have no problems hiring good coordinators/position coaches...so hopefully that is true.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Are Bears fans happy with that hire?

Just like I didn't want to overreact when Woodson was announced....but when  we added Matta and others I became more and more happy with it. Initially I'm 50/50....will wait to see who our OC is before deciding. 

Eberflus has been around very smart people so in that sense I don't mind it but I'm not blown away either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Are Bears fans happy with that hire?

I just always expect the worst and hope they accidentally hire the right people. I've seen enough coaches pass through Chicago over the last 30 years that I'm done getting excited about any particular hire. Win lots of games, good! Lose lots of games, bad! lol

• Haha 1

One little interesting connection. Former Bear turned agent Trace Armstrong represents both Poles and Eberflus. He also represents Joe Brady who is looking for an OC gig....and they all knew each other or met via Rod Marinelli who could become our DC.

That's a staff I think I could believe in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One little interesting connection. Former Bear turned agent Trace Armstrong represents both Poles and Eberflus. He also represents Joe Brady who is looking for an OC gig....and they all knew each other or met via Rod Marinelli who could become our DC.

That's a staff I think I could believe in. 

I would take Marinelli for sure on defensive line and perhaps DC. Kafka (sp?) is another name I have seen as possible OC. I read that about Trace Armstrong, and I remember him playing for Bears.

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I believe so. I thought with the Giants new GM that's where he would go. Miami seems closer to be good but the AFC is brutal 

I thought he would follow Schoen to NY as well. I think Schoen has interviewed him twice, so not sure if he doesn't want him or if Daboll wants Miami because he prefers to work with Tua over Jones. Giants did come out and say they are building around Jones...

• Like 1