2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, rico said:

News was moving around this weekend for Bears too. His former QB coach Lazor is in Chicago so it would make sense that he knows the system. Many like Dalton's no nonsense straight forward approach. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

News was moving around this weekend for Bears too. His former QB coach Lazor is in Chicago so it would make sense that he knows the system. Many like Dalton's no nonsense straight forward approach. 

That was touched upon in that link.  

I think Andy is a good QB and could flourish given the right tools.  Too bad he ended up in Cincy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Nick Foles on the trading block?

Should have interest. So many people are making an issue of his contract. He can be cut after next year with only $12.5 dead money hit on cap....and honestly his annual salary is low compared to league. His issue is same as always. Availability. Can't stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Should have interest. So many people are making an issue of his contract. He can be cut after next year with only $12.5 dead money hit on cap....and honestly his annual salary is low compared to league. His issue is same as always. Availability. Can't stay healthy.

Be good get for the Colts...and keep Jacoby.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Be good get for the Colts...and keep Jacoby.

Just my opinion. Jacoby is very, very well liked around the players. If you make a move for a guy like Foles or Rivers or Dalton or whatever....you have to move on from Jacoby and send him packing. Only way I see Colts keeping Jacoby is if they draft a qb in first 1-2 rounds.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my opinion. Jacoby is very, very well liked around the players. If you make a move for a guy like Foles or Rivers or Dalton or whatever....you have to move on from Jacoby and send him packing. Only way I see Colts keeping Jacoby is if they draft a qb in first 1-2 rounds.

I don't see it that way, but I understand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were a Colts fan that would give me more hope. Rivers just doesn't do it for me. He had better personnel in San Diego (besides the line) and still stunk. Why would people think he's the guy that pushes team over the hump?

I have no idea what direction Ballard is gonna go in for a QB.  FA? Draft? Trade?  Or the same course with Jacoby?

30 minutes ago, rico said:

I have no idea what direction Ballard is gonna go in for a QB.  FA? Draft? Trade?  Or the same course with Jacoby?

No one knows yet. If I were guessing. Draft one and keep Jacoby or draft one and maybe a guy like Mariota or someone with more tire on the tread as a gap until drafted qb is ready. Problem is for the first time in a long time (at least from what I hear and see) I sense Colts fans getting a bit anxious and almost tired of the excuse talk. 

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No one knows yet. If I were guessing. Draft one and keep Jacoby or draft one and maybe a guy like Mariota or someone with more tire on the tread as a gap until drafted qb is ready. Problem is for the first time in a long time (at least from what I hear and see) I sense Colts fans getting a bit anxious and almost tired of the excuse talk. 

To me, the "window" is now and you know what I mean.  

• Like 2