2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, rico said:

I am a big Cowherd fan when it comes to his takes on the NFL.

From today:

Darnold would look good in a Colts uni.

Jets will draft Trevor.

Cowboys should take Fields.

Steelers, Chiefs, Bucs, and Seahawks are the teams that are capable of winning the SB.

Oh, and Garapothrow is not the QB for the Niners.  Thinks they will make a play for Ryan.

Hard pass on Darnold and the Colts.  He has been a turnover machine since college so I don't think he will ever turn that around.

3 hours ago, rico said:

They've lost the game in the 2nd half.

Freakin' Rivers......

Well I disagree because if we would have scored on that possession we would been up 14-0 and probably led at halftime 17-0 and the game would have been totally different.  They played horrible in the second half but if baltimore had been down 17 at half they would had to go more to the passing game and the Cotls wouldn't have to worry about the run.

Monday thoughts. Bears had 115 yards of offense vs the Titans D when the game mattered. First Bears game I've shut off early in years which is saying something. Same thing as last week. Line is so bad. Foles isn't playing well at all and Nagy likes to call the same play over and over again even though it isn't working. 3 point dog to Vikings at home next Monday night already.

Colts are frustrating. Good D. Strong line...if not one of the best but when the most important position on the field is playing average at best the record will be 9-7 at best. Such a shame when Luck quit....changed the fortunes of the franchise with that 1 decision that the Colts are still recovering from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Monday thoughts. Bears had 115 yards of offense vs the Titans D when the game mattered. First Bears game I've shut off early in years which is saying something. Same thing as last week. Line is so bad. Foles isn't playing well at all and Nagy likes to call the same play over and over again even though it isn't working. 3 point dog to Vikings at home next Monday night already.

Colts are frustrating. Good D. Strong line...if not one of the best but when the most important position on the field is playing average at best the record will be 9-7 at best. Such a shame when Luck quit....changed the fortunes of the franchise with that 1 decision that the Colts are still recovering from.

I get the need to attempt the long pass every once in awhile to keep defenses from stacking the box. However, Reich needs to come to the realization that Rivers just doesn't have the arm strength he used to. Several long passes yesterday, none completed. The interception/non-interception, Rivers was quoted as saying "I shouldn't have thrown that ball short." Made it sound like he could have thrown it longer....I really doubt that. 

Similarly, Bears are wasting a tremendous defense with mediocre, at best, offensive play. Foles is not the answer, and wouldn't blame Nagy for going back to Mitch, to at least add the dimension of a running threat to his qb position.

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 2