2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Monday thoughts. Bears had 115 yards of offense vs the Titans D when the game mattered. First Bears game I've shut off early in years which is saying something. Same thing as last week. Line is so bad. Foles isn't playing well at all and Nagy likes to call the same play over and over again even though it isn't working. 3 point dog to Vikings at home next Monday night already.

Colts are frustrating. Good D. Strong line...if not one of the best but when the most important position on the field is playing average at best the record will be 9-7 at best. Such a shame when Luck quit....changed the fortunes of the franchise with that 1 decision that the Colts are still recovering from.

You and me both. I turned off the Bears game...I feel like Groundhog's day the past few weeks with the Bears...It honestly feels like I am watching the same game several weeks in a row....like a bad dream that keeps coming back. I have to believe that massive changes are going to happen during offseason. Pace has failed for years to address the holes on this team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Monday thoughts. Bears had 115 yards of offense vs the Titans D when the game mattered. First Bears game I've shut off early in years which is saying something. Same thing as last week. Line is so bad. Foles isn't playing well at all and Nagy likes to call the same play over and over again even though it isn't working. 3 point dog to Vikings at home next Monday night already.

Colts are frustrating. Good D. Strong line...if not one of the best but when the most important position on the field is playing average at best the record will be 9-7 at best. Such a shame when Luck quit....changed the fortunes of the franchise with that 1 decision that the Colts are still recovering from.

The Colts line is doing great in pass protection but their run bocking has been below average

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

The Colts are a play-off team.

The Bears, at this point, are not.  And to add they are not trending in the right direction.

And yet if playoffs started tomorrow none of those 2 would be in. Bears schedule gets "easier in December" but that's if we can figure out a way to score 20 in a game. Problem is I don't trust anyone in our operation to make changes.

On the Colts side of things....I trust their organization. Not saying must win this Thursday but pretty darn close at Tennessee.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Historically we've held Cook in check. I think his best game was for 39 yards. Bears D held Henry in check this past week. D isn't our problem. No clue what to expect anymore. Must win for both teams.

Bad offense is what you have come to expect.  Sadly.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Bad offense is what you have come to expect.  Sadly.

Yep and it's just not this year with Nagy. We've scored more than 20 points only 22 out of like 40 games with him as head coach. Our 3rd quarter offensive numbers are just that. I'm typically not a hire and fire guy but I guess I'm turning into one with the Bears. Isn't 3 years enough time to see what you have? I know the QB situation is brutal and maybe unfair to judge...but that's why I want Pace gone too. Pace has failed in the QB room, failed in the Offensive line room....and we still have the smallest amount of cap space available which is why we haven't resigned Robinson yet. At this point if I'm him I'm moving on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep and it's just not this year with Nagy. We've scored more than 20 points only 22 out of like 40 games with him as head coach. Our 3rd quarter offensive numbers are just that. I'm typically not a hire and fire guy but I guess I'm turning into one with the Bears. Isn't 3 years enough time to see what you have? I know the QB situation is brutal and maybe unfair to judge...but that's why I want Pace gone too. Pace has failed in the QB room, failed in the Offensive line room....and we still have the smallest amount of cap space available which is why we haven't resigned Robinson yet. At this point if I'm him I'm moving on. 

It is amazing isn't it?  

• Like 1

I am starting to think Frank Reich is not the answer ad HC of the Colt's.  His offense had no imagination and the offense seems very vanilla.  They just run the ball right up the middle instead of going off tackle sometimes.  Twice he just went for it on 4tj and 1 and was lucky on the first.  On the second one he ran the same play but was stopped this time.