2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's what I love about good/great coaches. Each week.  BB showing why he's one of the greatest....if not on the short list of top 5-6 coaches of all time. Team is clearly lacking in talent and for the most part keeping Lamar contained in the area he wants him contained in. 

I have despised him for so long that I am starting to like him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I have despised him for so long that I am starting to like him.

I was in that camp up until about 5-6 years ago where I truly just started focusing on him just as a coach and how runs his operation not only on gamedays but off the field too. Just one of the best. Ravens film room this week is going to be ugly. If the playoffs started to day...Ravens/Browns barely slide in. 

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's what I love about good/great coaches. Each week.  BB showing why he's one of the greatest....if not on the short list of top 5-6 coaches of all time. Team is clearly lacking in talent and for the most part keeping Lamar contained in the area he wants him contained in. 

I'd take him over anyone at this point. This team could very easily be on 6-3 or even 7-2 if not for a couple physical mishaps at the end of games. I still wouldn't count the Pats out. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rico said:

Do the Bears finish above .500?

Can't even worry about record right now. We need to figure out how to find the endzone first. In 6 years Pace has drafted 1 QB and 2 Offensive Lineman. 6 years.

Louis Riddick can come to Chicago anytime he wants. I want the entire operation cleaned out. Everything from Pace down to the rental cop who patrols Soldier Field tailgate lots 90 minutes after the game threatening to tow our car if we don't leave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't even worry about record right now. We need to figure out how to find the endzone first. In 6 years Pace has drafted 1 QB and 2 Offensive Lineman. 6 years.

Louis Riddick can come to Chicago anytime he wants. I want the entire operation cleaned out. Everything from Pace down to the rental cop who patrols Soldier Field tailgate lots 90 minutes after the game threatening to tow our car if we don't leave. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. I don't want to even think about anything down the road. Our top draft pick this year (Cole Kmet) now has 7 catches on the season.....but in a weird way he's our best offensive lineman who just happens to be our Tight End.

Well, I am gonna look down the road and I see the Packers twice and @ Minnesota.  Ouch.

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I am gonna look down the road and I see the Packers twice and @ Minnesota.  Ouch.

Yep. Was just joking with a buddy on the phone. Our December schedule looked easy 3-4 weeks ago. Now not so much and it's really a shame. D checked Cook all night. Turnover and bad punt return gave Vikings easy points. 

Same old thing with us. It's almost to the point where I want the Bears to go full Dolphins mode. Total rebuild. Probably have to trade Mack. Not because I want to get rid of him but he could get us multiple picks. Scary part is we have next to zero cap space because Pace decides to give Quinn $70M......Quinn and I had the same number of tackles last night. 

Could go on and on. It's so bad I'm actually laughing when I type.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Was just joking with a buddy on the phone. Our December schedule looked easy 3-4 weeks ago. Now not so much and it's really a shame. D checked Cook all night. Turnover and bad punt return gave Vikings easy points. 

Same old thing with us. It's almost to the point where I want the Bears to go full Dolphins mode. Total rebuild. Probably have to trade Mack. Not because I want to get rid of him but he could get us multiple picks. Scary part is we have next to zero cap space because Pace decides to give Quinn $70M......Quinn and I had the same number of tackles last night. 

My buddy calls it "The curse of Robbie Gould."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought they should have traded Mack in offseason for picks. I really like Mack and it would suck, but there are so many holes on this team and they look completely helpless on offense most of the time...it is just pathetic. I agree with you...my biggest fear right now in regards to the Bears is that they will finish 8-8ish and not have a high draft pick and miss the playoffs (which I seriously doubt they will make playoffs). If I were the Bears GM (come on...could I be worse than Pace?? 🤡) I would look to deal Mack and Hicks and try to stockpile some picks for upcoming draft...AFTER firing Nagy and company. Can we fire McCaskeys too? Seriously though, they need to overhaul this garbage regime.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I thought they should have traded Mack in offseason for picks. I really like Mack and it would suck, but there are so many holes on this team and they look completely helpless on offense most of the time...it is just pathetic. I agree with you...my biggest fear right now in regards to the Bears is that they will finish 8-8ish and not have a high draft pick and miss the playoffs (which I seriously doubt they will make playoffs). If I were the Bears GM (come on...could I be worse than Pace?? 🤡) I would look to deal Mack and Hicks and try to stockpile some picks for upcoming draft...AFTER firing Nagy and company. Can we fire McCaskeys too? Seriously though, they need to overhaul this garbage regime.

I'll take Theo as our GM tomorrow. Theo understand people and I believe smart enough to figure out the nuances of a salary cap. I know he couldn't be worse than our current leadership.

The Bears President has been employed for 20+ years without fear of losing his gig. Says plenty about ownership.

• Like 1