2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Stafford is about to turn 33.  I think the question is, how much?

How much does he have left in the tank after getting pounded so many times?  How many surgeries has he had? 

The Colts have a chip they can play in the fact that they offer one of the best o lines and a very complete team.  I won't be surprised if they play it back again with Rivers but I'd prefer 2 years with Stafford over one more with Rivers.  Just a slightly higher ceiling.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Stafford is about to turn 33.  I think the question is, how much?

How much does he have left in the tank after getting pounded so many times?  How many surgeries has he had? 

The Colts have a chip they can play in the fact that they offer one of the best o lines and a very complete team.  I won't be surprised if they play it back again with Rivers but I'd prefer 2 years with Stafford over one more with Rivers.  Just a slightly higher ceiling.  

I think Stafford has 5 years left. If we can get him, I go that route.

If not, I bring back Rivers for 1 year and draft Mac Jones or maybe Kyle Trask and sit them for a year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I really like Mac Jones.  

greenie just said he graduated with a 4.0 in 2.5 years with a master's.  

What?  

I know Bama is a well oiled machine and they dominate so much because of talent....but Mac Jones is very, very interesting to me. My Bears pick 20th. I'm not saying take him but he's shown enough to do your homework on.

Could work for the Colts too. Someone will take Mac Jones and in 2 years everyone will be saying why didn't we take him when we could. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

The second part would depend on what you think you have with Eason. 

Agreed - none of us really know, but I also don't love pinning the future on a fourth round draft pick. I know guys drafted in that range can turn out, but most of them don't amount to anything more than a backup. I think introducing more competition into that situation would be a good thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The second part would depend on what you think you have with Eason. 

If not every draft at least every other draft I take a qb until I know we found our guy. My guess is Ballard will keep drafting QB's until the position is locked down again. KoB's plan would work well. Rivers for 1 more while getting Mac.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

If not every draft at least every other draft I take a qb until I know we found our guy. My guess is Ballard will keep drafting QB's until the position is locked down again. KoB's plan would work well. Rivers for 1 more while getting Mac.

I'm not saying the plan is bad at all, and I certainly wouldn't be upset with it.... just saying that what if they REALLY like JE progression? 

We don't know the answer to that question. We might know after the draft though. haha

• Like 1

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion