2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 1/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, rico said:

Did @BGleasget the memo?  

Haha, yeah. I think the plan was to always give him one more year, but then Pederson and Jeffrey Laurie (the owner) met on the plan for replacing the D-coordinator and hiring on O-coordinator and all Pederson wanted to do was elevate from within. Typically elevating from within is ok, but not when you just went 4-11 and the QB coach you want to elevate to O-Coordinator just presided over one of the worst QB implosions in history. 

Those meetings about the plans for next season changed everything for Pederson. 

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nagy and Pace to return... you Bears’ fans done pukin’?

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Edited by Leathernecks

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮  🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Hope you are empty now 😁

And wondering... what exactly did you edit?😂

Edited by Steubenhoosier

Been a Bear fan all my life. Yesterday's presser was picture perfect example of why it's been 35 years since a Super Bowl win and 10 years since our last playoff win. They've perfected the nonanswer answer......and worse yet it seems everyone is on board with not having a plan.

Bears are lucky in this regard. 99.9% of the fanbase will never leave their side but they really make it difficult to accept what they keep trying to sell. We've regressed every year Nagy/Pace have been together. Every year it's someone else's fault. Zero cap space, no draft capital to trade....and an aging defense. 

Makes sense to bring everyone back. No clue what our schedule is next year. I can tell you our record already. 8-8.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Da Bears play the NFC West and the AFC North next year.  And the "fill-in" games are the Giants and Bucs.

Plenty can happen with all of those 10 teams. Some are up and coming...and some all depend on QB returning. I'll say the same record. We have perfected 8-8. Never good enough to do a thing...but never bad enough to get an instant impact player for a decade and when we do get the chance we take Mitch instead of Deshaun. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty can happen with all of those 10 teams. Some are up and coming...and some all depend on QB returning. I'll say the same record. We have perfected 8-8. Never good enough to do a thing...but never bad enough to get an instant impact player for a decade and when we do get the chance we take Mitch instead of Deshaun. 

I dunno about 8-8.  I see them 6-10.  LOL

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, KoB2011 said:

I don't know that it's fair to say Jones would be the exception - Bama hasn't had big time QBs until Tua and now Jones. It's too early to tell on Tua.

There isn't really any history of first round QBs from under Saban not turning out. 

On 1/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, btownqb said:

I should have just quoted you. This. Now GMs just have to figure out if those QBs were so good because of the talent around them, or was it a combination. 

Sarkisian is also absolutely fantastic as a play caller. As was Kiffin. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-mac-jones-despite-gaudy-statistics-at-alabama-lacks-in-key-areas-as-a-prospect/

At least one guy's opinion

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can't open it because I'm on the school wifi, but I understand questioning Mac Jones, for sure. BUT... the guy only started 1.5 seasons. I really don't know the answer. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Can't open it because I'm on the school wifi, but I understand questioning Mac Jones, for sure. BUT... the guy only started 1.5 seasons. I really don't know the answer. 

Compares Jones' statistics to several recent 1st round draft choices--Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Murray, Daniel Jones, and Haskins...

-Passes completed behind the line of scrimmage--34.1% highest of these listed

-Yards after catch--53.5% of his passing yardage was YAC. Only Tua, at 60.7% was higher.

-Only 11.3% of Mac's passes were thrown outside the pocket, with the presumption that he's not got the skills to be a playmaker. Compared that to Fields at 21.5% this year.

He basically infers that Jones is a product of the system Bama runs, and the benefactor of a huge O-line and highly skilled receivers. Thinks Jones may become a good pro, but not worthy of a round 1-3 pick.

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Compares Jones' statistics to several recent 1st round draft choices--Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Murray, Daniel Jones, and Haskins...

-Passes completed behind the line of scrimmage--34.1% highest of these listed

-Yards after catch--53.5% of his passing yardage was YAC. Only Tua, at 60.7% was higher.

-Only 11.3% of Mac's passes were thrown outside the pocket, with the presumption that he's not got the skills to be a playmaker. Compared that to Fields at 21.5% this year.

He basically infers that Jones is a product of the system Bama runs, and the benefactor of a huge O-line and highly skilled receivers. Thinks Jones may become a good pro, but not worthy of a round 1-3 pick.

Can certainly see that. I understand the talk about passes behind the LOS.. BUT the accuracy of those is paramount. 

Fields is sooo good. 

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Will Urban be successful in Jacksonville?

I think he will. Urban's really come around for me. I despised him at Florida because of the 30+ arrests and everyone just talked Tebow. He was very complimentary of IU during his time at Ohio St and recently....and honestly when he's talking football I learn something from him. He has an owner who is tired of being a laughingstock, tons of picks and cap space and the best pro ready qb to hit the NFL since Andrew Luck. 

I guess we should define successful but I think successful there would be making the playoffs in 2 years...and consistently from there. Unless Mahomes gets hurt I don't see many taking multiple titles from them over coming years. Colts could have but Luck bailed on his team. 

• Like 3

Looking forward to all 4 games today/tomorrow. I must be the only one but why is it that I think Ravens and Bucs both win? Seems like Ravens are clicking and I just don't like going against Brady with all weapons healthy and ready to deploy.

For anyone in FanDuel/Draftking contests this weekend. Sneaky cheap plays are Gabriel Davis and Deonte Harris.

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion