2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Saints start with a huge punt return. @btownqb I am sure you teach kids to wrap up, exactly what Mickens did not do on punt coverage 

Didn't bring enough violence.  He has to make that tackle... not the easiest thing to do though. 

I bet if we watched the film.. when the others saw him "wrapped up" they pulled up creating that hole. 

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

The Bucs scare me against the Pack because we all know the NFL wants Brady in the Super Bowl. I can see calls going Brady's way so he can get there. 

Brady vs Mahommes, a dream come true for the NFL.

The Pack can't turn the pigskin over like the Saints did.  I hope it zero degrees at Lambeau.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

The Bucs scare me against the Pack because we all know the NFL wants Brady in the Super Bowl. I can see calls going Brady's way so he can get there. 

Brady vs Mahommes, a dream come true for the NFL.

You don't think they'd be just as happy with the Rodgers and Green Bay vs. Mahomes and Kansas City? The two best QB's currently and a rematch of the 1st Super Bowl?

I doubt Brady will be getting calls because the league wants him there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Greatest thing about the NFL.  Green Bay, KC, Buffalo, Tampa....has to be at least 3 of the 4 smallest markets in the sport and all have the chance to win unlike some of the other leagues where it's dominated mostly by large market franchises. I don't fault the large market franchises for using their resources one bit in MLB or NBA. It's the rules.

In the NFL though size of city doesn't matter because everyone has same cap. It's why the NFL destroys every other league in ratings and fan support. 

Hoping for a Chiefs vs Bucs Super Bowl....but honestly each of these teams would make a fun SB. Compelling stories across the board. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just for fun. If you are Jacksonville would you make a trade package to give.up #1 pick to Texans to get Watson? I just think I would. 

I wouldn't. Lawrence is going to be a great quarterback. You bring him in for 4 years on the rookie contract and you use the 70 million in cap space to build your team. 

Watson's contract will kill your cap and not allow you to add the other pieces to your team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just for fun. If you are Jacksonville would you make a trade package to give.up #1 pick to Texans to get Watson? I just think I would. 

I think both sides would decline. Jacksonville and Urb want to start fresh with their guy. Deshaun probably doesn't want to go 2-3 years of growing pains while Jacksonville gets up and running. 

Place that makes the most sense for money, quality of team, ready to win now, weather,etc.....and for the return the Texans could get is Miami. They have the picks and coming off 10 win season they are ready to take next step now and I just don't see it so far with Tua. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I wouldn't. Lawrence is going to be a great quarterback. You bring him in for 4 years on the rookie contract and you use the 70 million in cap space to build your team. 

Watson's contract will kill your cap and not allow you to add the other pieces to your team.

Can you will now before you have to pay Lawrence big money. With Watson and the cap space they have can they win now? I think they can

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think both sides would decline. Jacksonville and Urb want to start fresh with their guy. Deshaun probably doesn't want to go 2-3 years of growing pains while Jacksonville gets up and running. 

Place that makes the most sense for money, quality of team, ready to win now, weather,etc.....and for the return the Texans could get is Miami. They have the picks and coming off 10 win season they are ready to take next step now and I just don't see it so far with Tua. 

I agree with Miami for sure but Jacksonville intrigues me

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree with Miami for sure but Jacksonville intrigues me

I think the fear of not taking the best pro ready college qb since Luck would weigh on Jacksonville forever. That and his obvious talent you just can't pass up. Not taking anything away from Watson who I love...but no GM wants to be the next you took Ryan Leaf? Or in another sport...you took Sam Bowie over Jordan? 

I think we undervalue that element of the equation sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the fear of not taking the best pro ready college qb since Luck would weigh on Jacksonville forever. That and his obvious talent you just can't pass up. Not taking anything away from Watson who I love...but no GM wants to be the next you took Ryan Leaf? Or in another sport...you took Sam Bowie over Jordan? 

I think we undervalue that element of the equation sometimes.

Watson is proven and all Bears fans would love to have made the right pick then. At this point its proven MVP caiber vs potential MVP caliber. I would love to have either running my team just some food for thought 

• Like 1

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion