2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the fear of not taking the best pro ready college qb since Luck would weigh on Jacksonville forever. That and his obvious talent you just can't pass up. Not taking anything away from Watson who I love...but no GM wants to be the next you took Ryan Leaf? Or in another sport...you took Sam Bowie over Jordan? 

I think we undervalue that element of the equation sometimes.

Are we sure urban even wants Lawrence? Now that fields declared would he take a chance on fields?

You don't pass up on Lawrence. He's as can't miss as they get. High school freshman of the year, #1 prospect in his class, won a national championship as a freshman, and now the #1 NFL prospect. He's been at the top of his class for 7 years and hasn't disappointed.

In a QB driven league, you take one of the top QB prospects of all time and don't look back.

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Just saw that.  Who we going to get?  This should be fun.  

I vote Stafford.  Gotta win now.  He won't be cheap but he also won't be over 30 mil

Stafford checks most of the boxes for me and should for any team looking to buy 2-3 years while drafting qb's to develop. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like the rumors that were circulating in November prove to be true. Plenty of options out there for Colts. Can't wait to see which route they go. Trade, pay, or draft. 

I really don't think trading for Watson is an option, for us. I don't see them trading in division. I would trade whatever it takes to get the #2 overall though. 

1. Stafford

2. Fields

3. Darnold 

any of those are options I am fine with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really don't think trading for Watson is an option, for us. I don't see them trading in division. I would trade whatever it takes to get the #2 overall though. 

1. Stafford

2. Fields

3. Darnold 

Because I believe in Ballard so much to find great players in rounds 2+....I'd have no problem trading first round picks. Assuming Colts are playoff team moving forward those would all be pick 21 and further back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1. Stafford

2. Fields

3. Darnold 

Usually I would not be in favor but I think trading up to get QB of future is key. Look at the AFC teams that have made runs last few years with QB still on Rookie contract.  Just heard Kevin Bowen said are the Colts the Chiefs with Alex Smith just a QB away? 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Usually I would not be in favor but I think trading up to get QB of future is key. Look at the AFC teams that have made runs last few years with QB still on Rookie contract.  Just heard Kevin Bowen said are the Colts the Chiefs with Alex Smith just a QB away? 

I am BIG on Fields. 

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1. Stafford

2. Fields

3. Darnold 

I really like Fields and think we will be a really good NFL qb given time and opportunity.  

What do you think is more likely given the Colts.  Moving up to #2 or trading 21 for more later picks?

I think it's time to win now.  Maybe they are still 2 years out from win now.  Can the Colts trade future picks to move up to #2 and still be ready to win now(1-4 years)?

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, but that doesn't mean I'm right. JMO

If you are moving up to get your guy might as well go to 2. I can't imagine the Jets not taking him unless they get Watson for that pick.  

I know that you don't trade a franchise QB within your division but could the Colts put anything together to get Watson 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I really like Fields and think we will be a really good NFL qb given time and opportunity.  

What do you think is more likely given the Colts.  Moving up to #2 or trading 21 for more later picks?

I think it's time to win now.  Maybe they are still 2 years out from win now.  Can the Colts trade future picks to move up to #2 and still be ready to win now(1-4 years)?

The latter. Just basing that off Ballard's past.... and to the last question, absolutely, imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think they trade 21 to Detroit and a 3rd rounder to get Stafford.  

I hope they make a play to get Allen Robinson 

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion