2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Colts team is starting to hit their stride at the right time. I'll say it again I wouldn't want to play this team in the first round of playoffs.

On a side note and I know we aren't supposed to look backwards...but darn those losses vs Ravens, Titans twice, and even the Bucs....half a dozen plays from being 12-2 and clear first seed in AFC? This franchise is a lot closer to AFC title game than most give them credit for. 

Playing better, coaches I like...tons of cap space and a GM who routinely hits on picks. Colts are definitely heading in the right direction for the long haul.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Colts team is starting to hit their stride at the right time. I'll say it again I wouldn't want to play this team in the first round of playoffs.

On a side note and I know we aren't supposed to look backwards...but darn those losses vs Ravens, Titans twice, and even the Bucs....half a dozen plays from being 12-2 and clear first seed in AFC? This franchise is a lot closer to AFC title game than most give them credit for. 

Playing better, coaches I like...tons of cap space and a GM who routinely hits on picks. Colts are definitely heading in the right direction for the long haul.

And have absolute playmakers in each position group. 

They're going to have another 4-6 All Pros this year. JT, Nelson, DL, Buckner, possibly Kelly, and possibly Dulin/Odum. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what my Bears brethren were talking about last night....all of this push off the line without Kelly??

Colts top 8 OL are very good, as a whole. Pinter, Reed, and Pryor as your three backups is huge. Then factor in the TEs blocking. 

It's just a big, nasty group that enjoys dominating people. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And have absolute playmakers in each position group. 

They're going to have another 4-6 All Pros this year. JT, Nelson, DL, Buckner, possibly Kelly, and possibly Dulin/Odum. 

Receiver is still a big weakness for this team. Outside of Pittman, that group is UGLY. 

I’d argue it’s definitely the top priority for Ballard next year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Receiver is still a big weakness for this team. Outside of Pittman, that group is UGLY. 

I’d argue it’s definitely the top priority for Ballard next year.

It is a shame Campbell can't stay healthy, he would be huge for them right now. He is supposedly close to returning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Yeah, hoping we can get him back before the playoffs. Because sheesh, we need some help there. 

Coming into the season it looked like a pretty decent WR core. Unfortunately father time is catching up to T.Y. and Paris just can't catch a break in the health department. Pascal and Dulin are good as your third or fourth WR but you don't want to have rely on them as much as the Colts have had to.

Edited by Hoosier51

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Steelers offense is horrible, all they do is screen passes

Yeah because it's 2nd and 20. If Claypool doesn't drop that.. he might get a 1st down. 

That's smart offense. They cannot block for longer than 2.5 secs and BR has the escapability of a sloth. 

I do agree, their offense sucks, it's just not a play calling problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Yeah because it's 2nd and 20. If Claypool doesn't drop that.. he might get a 1st down. 

That's smart offense. They cannot block for longer than 2.5 secs and BR has the escapability of a sloth. 

I do agree, their offense sucks, it's just not a play calling problem. 

That one to Claypool looked liked Tennessee had blown that at up.