2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't fault the group for scheduling on a Tuesday. Never saw this scenario happening. I have a real issue with people who schedule things on Sundays in the fall/winter. Haha.

Haha, yeah. My wife specifically asked me if this date was good and of course at the time it was. It will be a good time with the family. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

Fields has not been the problem tonight. Bears skill positions suck. 

Take the handcuffs off him. Let him play. I have no idea if he can play or not, doesn't look great, but he's an improviser. A modern one that's grown up in a great passing program in OSU, but they didn't baby him. He might throw some picks. He's a Deshaun Watson. 

Watson also had Dhop, who is the WR version of an improviser. 

Idk I like Fields game, a lot. Let the dude play. 

I was not a Fields fan for the NFL game coming out. It's impossible to know how it will work out and just about nothing can be learned under this coaching staff but I just thought he was not a quick thinker/reader. He didn't move through his progressions quickly in college and held on to the ball too long. Combine that with his long throwing motion and I just wasn't enamored by him. That said he has a lot of the tools you would need to refine and build a good qb from...so hopefully the next staff will do that with him. It would be nice to not have to listen to the Bears fans in my family complain about not having a qb all the time. So I'm rooting for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sitting in my office tears rolling down my face. From Ryan Kelly's twitter. The article from Yahoo sports. Heart breaking but you can see their strength and how their faith comes through.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/indianapolis-colts-center-ryan-kelly-announces-death-of-his-daughter-emma-035524935.html

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Sitting in my office tears rolling down my face. From Ryan Kelly's twitter. The article from Yahoo sports. Heart breaking but you can see their strength and how their faith comes through.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/indianapolis-colts-center-ryan-kelly-announces-death-of-his-daughter-emma-035524935.html

Oh gosh...had a bad morning...rear ended...stressed calling all over etc...then I see something like this and it just tears me up inside. Puts life in perspective and my heart just goes out to them. Many prayers.

• Like 3

This should put all of the dumb decision to go for 2 by the Ravens talk to rest. A coach that listens and trust his guys to make a play and they stand behind his decisions. As a coach there is not much more you can ask for. Watch the video

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/john-harbaugh-asked-tyler-huntley-if-he-wanted-to-for-2-on-pivotal-failed-conversion-vs-packers-004536859.html

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This should put all of the dumb decision to go for 2 by the Ravens talk to rest. A coach that listens and trust his guys to make a play and they stand behind his decisions. As a coach there is not much more you can ask for. Watch the video

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/john-harbaugh-asked-tyler-huntley-if-he-wanted-to-for-2-on-pivotal-failed-conversion-vs-packers-004536859.html

It doesn't change my mind one bit. Also i mean come on it says he asked a bunch of offensive players, of course they are going to want to do it. Did he ask any defensive players? I bet they would have wanted the chance to get into overtime, but they didn't get that chance.

This has been beaten to death the last couple of days and nobodies opinion is going to change on this so i am done with it. 

Edited by Hoosier51

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This is such a non issue, lord the media can "make" things a story. Again, just A decision, a game/sport filled with millions of them. Didn't come close to deciding that game. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Bears arent to happy with the refs. I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was pretty bad officiating.

Bears' Robert Quinn sounds off on officiating after chippy game vs. Vikings - Refs 'controlling the game a little too much' (espn.com)

Meh. They missed one on a targeting, then missed who started a fight and flagged the "2nd guy". 

I dont know that the officials were overly bad towards the Bears. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thats rough man.  I don't know how people function after going through something like that.  I pray for protection over my wife and kids everyday and thank God for them.  

• Like 4

This is a good article on the new testing protocols. And please everyone i am not posting this to debate the merits of vac and no vacs and anything else along those lines. I am just wondering what kind of effect this will have on the rest of the season and playoffs.

NFL COVID-19 protocol changes, Week 15 postponed games, new testing and return-to-play rules - Can the NFL navigate the omicron variant? (espn.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

This is a good article on the new testing protocols. And please everyone i am not posting this to debate the merits of vac and no vacs and anything else along those lines. I am just wondering what kind of effect this will have on the rest of the season and playoffs.

NFL COVID-19 protocol changes, Week 15 postponed games, new testing and return-to-play rules - Can the NFL navigate the omicron variant? (espn.com)

Good post. I think we can have a discussion about it without it veering into a Covid debate. 

I will say, I had no issue with what Arians said. I enjoy his bluntness. His JOB is to win football games as the HC of TB, AB helps him do that. Helps his team do that. He did say this is it for AB, no more stupid s***. 

• Like 2