2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Might as well rattle the hornets nest a bit with the Super Bowl still 6 days away and Tom Brady announcing his retirement. 

The vast majority understand that deflategate was a complete fabrication, but there's even more new evidence showing it was a total fraud. 

The NFL began halftime spot checking ball air pressure the season after deflategate, with the goal being to prove that footballs didn't lose air pressure or gain air pressure over a 90-minute half based on the air temperature. 

When the results proved the NFL hypothesis wrong, that footballs did in fact gain/lose weight due to air temperature,  the NFL ordered all of the results be destroyed. 

Kind of goes along with the NFL lie that that they fed Chris Mortensen that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs were over 2 psi underweight at halftime of that Colts game (it was only 1 ball and that one ball only measured that low on 1 of the 2 guages it was measured on)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/06/from-playmakers-nfl-general-counsel-jeff-pash-ordered-expungement-of-2015-air-pressure-measurements/

• Thanks 1

Looking for a bit of guidance. During 2nd half the Bengals dropped 8 into coverage 45% of the time and Chiefs never changed up once. Still trying to force things down field. With the Rams running backs being a bit banged up or whatever....wouldn't it be smart for Bengals to do the same vs Kupp, Odell,etc...?

Trying to get my roster straight for Fanduel. On the same token with the Bengals Oline being what it is wouldn't the Rams just put Ramsey on Chase, get to Burrow asap...and maybe make him dump all day to Higgins/Boyd/whichever RB is playing?

Just thinking scheme wise do the Rams take the yards given for their RBs? Bengals do the same except quick passes to the two I mentioned? All over the place in my post I know....just as we get closer I'm trying to think which scheme will work?

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Looking for a bit of guidance. During 2nd half the Bengals dropped 8 into coverage 45% of the time and Chiefs never changed up once. Still trying to force things down field. With the Rams running backs being a bit banged up or whatever....wouldn't it be smart for Bengals to do the same vs Kupp, Odell,etc...?

Trying to get my roster straight for Fanduel. On the same token with the Bengals Oline being what it is wouldn't the Rams just put Ramsey on Chase, get to Burrow asap...and maybe make him dump all day to Higgins/Boyd/whichever RB is playing?

Just thinking scheme wise do the Rams take the yards given for their RBs? Bengals do the same except quick passes to the two I mentioned? All over the place in my post I know....just as we get closer I'm trying to think which scheme will work?

I think they double Chase put Ramsey on Higgins. Chase can beat Ramsey for quick hits but with a double the Def line will get to Burrow

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Bengals to win, Mixon is going to have to have a big day and the Bengals defense is going to need to have 2+ turnovers.  Aaron Donald will be hitting Burrow a lot if they are forced to pass.  

If I had to pick two from each team, I would go with Mixon and Higgins from Cincy and Kupp and Donald from the Rams.

I don't see either QB in the mix to be MVP of the game.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 9:41 PM, 5fouls said:

For the Bengals to win, Mixon is going to have to have a big day and the Bengals defense is going to need to have 2+ turnovers.  Aaron Donald will be hitting Burrow a lot if they are forced to pass.  

If I had to pick two from each team, I would go with Mixon and Higgins from Cincy and Kupp and Donald from the Rams.

I don't see either QB in the mix to be MVP of the game.

I can't imagine Cinci winning and Burrow not getting MVP. I could see a scenario where Donald, Ramsey, or Kupp get it for LAR instead of Stafford.

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I can't imagine Cinci winning and Burrow not getting MVP. I could see a scenario where Donald, Ramsey, or Kupp get it for LAR instead of Stafford.

I have those same doubts, but if it's a 16-13 type game and the 16 Bengal points are a Mixon run and 3 field goals, I think you would have to look at the D to see who caused turnovers.

If there is a lot if scoring and Cincy wins, I agree it's Burrow regardless of what anyone else does.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2