2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Can't wait for the draft tonight. Also can't wait for the GM who convinces himself he needs to trade up and make one of these QB's a top 10-13 pick. My opinion is none of these QB's are first rounders but as we all know GM's/Coaches will convince themselves that Pickett or someone is their guy.

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't wait for the draft tonight. Also can't wait for the GM who convinces himself he needs to trade up and make one of these QB's a top 10-13 pick. My opinion is none of these QB's are first rounders but as we all know GM's/Coaches will convince themselves that Pickett or someone is their guy.

There is a Mitch Trubisky in there somewheres.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rico said:

There is a Mitch Trubisky in there somewheres.

And Ryan Pace is still sticking it to us. He traded up for Mitch....and because of that mistake he traded up for Fields.....and now tonight the Giants have our 7th overall pick all in the name of chasing a QB. Haha...the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

NFL draft is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I like the old format better, but I totally get why they do it the way they do it, now. 

Hope all 5 of these QBs go before the Colts at 42 haha .... that could get us the pick of the litter at 42. 

Desmond Ridder is interesting to me. I know the accuracy issue is there but plenty to like. I'll be curious if Ballard says enough of the every 2 years finding a new qb and he snags someone like him in 2nd round and be the bridge after Ryan is done. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Desmond Ridder is interesting to me. I know the accuracy issue is there but plenty to like. I'll be curious if Ballard says enough of the every 2 years finding a new qb and he snags someone like him in 2nd round and be the bridge after Ryan is done. 

Just don't see it man. I think you have to go WR in the 2nd. I get it though, for sure. 

We might not have graded any of these QBs "worthy"... who knows! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Giving up on Ehinger?

Not giving up on him but hearing Ballard a few times over the last month I just got the sense he was tired of chasing that position. But like @btownqb said Colts need WR's. I'm still in the Alec Pierce camp. It's probably just because he's white but I see visions of Jordy Nelson in his prime....going to be ticked if the Packers end up with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not giving up on him but hearing Ballard a few times over the last month I just got the sense he was tired of chasing that position. But like @btownqb said Colts need WR's. I'm still in the Alec Pierce camp. It's probably just because he's white but I see visions of Jordy Nelson in his prime....going to be ticked if the Packers end up with him.

Do you like the old format or the new format better? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you like the old format or the new format better? 

Old....but it doesn't really matter. Just like with anything the NFL does they own us. I'll say it again and again besides Apple and maybe Amazon....the NFL is the greatest product ever invented for consumption. They own us from Labor Day to Valentine's Day. Drip in Free Agency, Combine, now Draft...whenever they want they could just add something and we'll consume.

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Old....but it doesn't really matter. Just like with anything the NFL does they own us. I'll say it again and again besides Apple and maybe Amazon....the NFL is the greatest product ever invented for consumption. They own us from Labor Day to Valentine's Day. Drip in Free Agency, Combine, now Draft...whenever they want they could just add something and we'll consume.

Oh I agree. I just didn't know. I thought I would like this format way more, I don't. I don't think it'll change though. I think the 1st rd gets some serious viewers, same with rounds 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Oh I agree. I just didn't know. I thought I would like this format way more, I don't. I don't think it'll change though. I think the 1st rd gets some serious viewers, same with rounds 2 and 3. 

Tonight is cool for the green room, guys walk up....get their 30 seconds on the big stage but Friday to me is my favorite. Friday is full of guys who will start this fall. 

• Like 1

I will have to say, I do enjoy watching it, but I sort of relate it to fishing…… I’m impatient when it comes to fishing. It can be a long, boring uneventful day, (if your only looking to catch fish).  
On the other hand, if I’m getting bites and reeling them in, that’s an awesome day! JMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I am old enough to remember that the draft started on a weekday at 8am.  I remember one year the Colts had the 4th pick so I ask my mom instead of riding the bus, she would take me to school do I cod watch the Colts pick.

The one thing I am glad they changed was having 15 minutes in the first round to make a pick.  That made for a long round because most teams used the whole 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am old enough to remember that the draft started on a weekday at 8am.  I remember one year the Colts had the 4th pick so I ask my mom instead of riding the bus, she would take me to school do I cod watch the Colts pick.

The one thing I am glad they changed was having 15 minutes in the first round to make a pick.  That made for a long round because most teams used the whole 15 minutes.

Great change. 

8am on a weekday!?!?!?! 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I guess betting on the draft makes sense, for some. Just me, and I get it that there’s money to be made, but imo they have taken sports betting a little too far 

No doubt. I'm in a $5 a week Fanduel golf league with a dozen or so friends from grade/high school. I just came across betting on top 10 picks and I'm like seriously?? So I just did the free....haha

• Like 1

Having said that, if I were a team drafting high, I'd be happy with Hutch....at around the 10th or 12th pick.  The top ten of this draft is one of the weakest I can remember.  Go look at the top ten of 2013.  That was awful.  This may be the worst since.

Now you can have plenty of good players taken in any draft.  It's just numbers and there are always good players.  I am more saying the top end of this draft is yucky.

Edited by BobSaccamanno