2023 NFL Discussion

rico

I hear what you all are saying and can agree that making those comments publicly is somewhat tone deaf and he probably said it awkwardly. 

With that said, he's not comparing his salary to ours, he's not saying he can't eat off of $16M, he's comparing his salary to the other top WR's in the league. $16M would slot him in as the 16th highest paid WR in the NFL and really 17th because Cooper Kopp is about to get paid too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I hear what you all are saying and can agree that making those comments publicly is somewhat tone deaf and he probably said it awkwardly. 

With that said, he's not comparing his salary to ours, he's not saying he can't eat off of $16M, he's comparing his salary to the other top WR's in the league. $16M would slot him in as the 16th highest paid WR in the NFL and really 17th because Cooper Kopp is about to get paid too. 

First thing I thought of was curious about tax differential and cost of living. So $4M is difference. Federal is still the same but I know Tennessee is no state income tax state....and they don't have the jock tax. AFC South has to be the most friendly tax division in football (Florida, Tennessee, and Texas with no state...and Indiana is low)

Playing in the Northeast I would imagine (besides California) carrying the highest jock taxes on his visit to NY and DC. Finally cost of living difference between Nashville and Philly have to be substantial. 

I guess what I'm saying is that if you broke down the actual NET difference on the $4M difference....we have to be talking far less than $4M. Not to mention quality of life in Nashville vs Philly.

Just my 2 cents but I love looking at the true NET difference in some of these contracts. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Gleas in full 'defend my team's new toy' mode.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Gleas in full 'defend my team's new toy' mode.  :coffee:

Haha, right! Gotta support our new guy 🤣

For real though, I definitely chimed in because he joined the Eagles, but my opinion wouldn't have changed if he had been traded to a different team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

My wishlist for the Chiefs tonight:

George Pickens 

George Pickens

George Pickens

Hey.. didn't know we had a Chiefs fan!.. "why" are you a Chiefs fan? 

Grow up in the area? Big Priest Holmes guy? 

Love Arrowhead and super disappointed I didn't go to the Colts game that weekend in KC with the snow in playoffs!!! 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hey.. didn't know we had a Chiefs fan!.. "why" are you a Chiefs fan? 

Grow up in the area? Big Priest Holmes guy? 

Love Arrowhead and super disappointed I didn't go to the Colts game that weekend in KC with the snow in playoffs!!! 

As a kid I had Lakers and Chiefs posters in my room that I got from my uncle. Pirates also. So I’ve always rooted for those teams since forever.

IU is the only Indiana team I’m a fan of. I root for Indiana teams second though in everything else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

As a kid I had Lakers and Chiefs posters in my room that I got from my uncle. Pirates also. So I’ve always rooted for those teams since forever.

IU is the only Indiana team I’m a fan of. I root for Indiana teams second though in everything else.

Love it!