2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If that is the ultimate result of both those games, I might as well get th he Chiefs loss out of the way.

Let's ask it this way.

Do the Colts have a better chance beating the Chiefs Week 1 or Week 3?  Hard to say.

However, do the Colts have a better chance to lose to the Texans Week 1 or Week 3?  I can comfortably say that would be Week 1, barring an injury to a critical player.

The Colts have a better chance beating the Chiefs week 3 when Ryan has a few games under his belt and Taylor is starting to hit is stride. They have a better chance of beating the Texans Week 1 when they’re working out some of the kinks, because the Texans are a hot mess. The Chiefs are likely to hit the ground running.

The Chiefs might be the worst team in the league to play week 1; Reid and Mahommes are not guys you want to give an offseason of prep to. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

Just a few notes on schedules around the league.

Chiefs don't have a break until week 9. Has to be a record of playing teams who had winning records year before for first 8 weeks. Cowboys could be just an average team and still get 11-12 wins pretty easily. Rams schedule is as tough if not tougher than Chiefs.

I have the Colts at 12-5 pretty easily....Chiefs, at Titans, 1 of the at Patriots/at Raiders back to back, at Denver...and 1 of the at Cowboys/at Vikings back to back....although if Ryan does what I think he can do they could move up a tad. Pretty favorable schedule. 

Just like I said last night. Glad the Colts are finally hosting MNF again. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the play the NFC South and AFC East plus their own division.  Only west team they play it is a home game.

Bengals play in same division as Steelers, play the same 2 divisions as Steelers, and have 3 road games outside the Eastern Time Zone.

• @Cowboys
  • @Saints
  • @Titans

Edited by 5fouls

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bengals play in same division as Steelers, play the same 2 divisions as Steelers, and have 3 road games outside the Eastern Time Zone.

• @Cowboys
  • @Saints
  • @Titans

It is about the cross over games Steelers is playing the Eagles, plus they play the Saints at home.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:03 AM, Seeking6 said:

Just a few notes on schedules around the league.

Chiefs don't have a break until week 9. Has to be a record of playing teams who had winning records year before for first 8 weeks. Cowboys could be just an average team and still get 11-12 wins pretty easily. Rams schedule is as tough if not tougher than Chiefs.

An article from CBS...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bears-hit-with-bizarre-nfl-scheduling-quirk-that-team-hasnt-seen-in-58-years-plus-10-other-schedule-oddities/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Last year the Colts started the season playing 5 straight double digits winners from the year prior, but KC has it worse haha 

3 of those were on the road last year for the Colts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

In good times I'd welcome that. My guess right based on what we think will happen is Bears probably aren't happy with that. Bears been averaging about 25k no shows past couple years during December because we are so bad. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

And here I thought it was the weather!

Weather doesn't bother us. Paying $14 for a beer watching a bad product and trying to convince ourselves we're being good fans bothers us....haha. 

I'll put it this way. My buddy has season tickets (nothing flashy upstairs 400 level) and he said which two do we want to get this year? I said anything before Halloween. 

• Like 1