2023 NFL Discussion

rico

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts sign Phillip Lindsay....and another really good player is added to the stable. Pun intended.

23 hours ago, btownqb said:

The competition he has created is incredibly impressive. 

Now that they have Lindsey, Colts should trade Taylor to the Bengals.  Maybe for a 4th rounder next year.  :coffee:

• Like 2

The Colts are in contract talks with Nick Foles to bring him in as a backup Quarterback.  I feel this would be a good move to have a veteran backup. I went to Colts.com and can't believe people would be against this kind of move.  They act like they are bringing him in to start and complain about how bad he is.  He is good enough to come in and play a couple of games if needed and can win you a game.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The Colts are in contract talks with Nick Foles to bring him in as a backup Quarterback.  I feel this would be a good move to have a veteran backup. I went to Colts.com and can't believe people would be against this kind of move.  They act like they are bringing him in to start and complain about how bad he is.  He is good enough to come in and play a couple of games if needed and can win you a game.

Kind of undermines any confidence in Ehinger. He has shown some promise when given a chance.

Why muck that up?

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Kind of undermines any confidence in Ehinger. He has shown some promise when given a chance.

Why muck that up?

Obviously they don't have confidence in him because they didn't say him at Tenn. last year. There is no way Wentz should have played in that game with two sprain ankles.  When did he ever play to show you anything that said he can play QB in the NFL 

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

As a Bears and Colts fan I've been asking for this move for the past 2 years. We (Bears) could have traded him multiple times for a pick and help us out with his cap number. What did we do? Paid a 3rd string QB I think $16M to make fun of Nagy during games.

For the Colts I really, really like this move. Ryan is the starter but Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB, understands Reich's system....and if something happens to Ryan to miss a game or whatever the falloff to Foles isn't that far. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As a Bears and Colts fan I've been asking for this move for the past 2 years. We (Bears) could have traded him multiple times for a pick and help us out with his cap number. What did we do? Paid a 3rd string QB I think $16M to make fun of Nagy during games.

For the Colts I really, really like this move. Ryan is the starter but Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB, understands Reich's system....and if something happens to Ryan to miss a game or whatever the falloff to Foles isn't that far. 

I concur.  The only issue I have with Foles is his health.  It seems/appears to me that he is oft injured?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I concur.  The only issue I have with Foles is his health.  It seems/appears to me that he is oft injured?

Yep...but every QB that's been in Chicago for a couple seasons gets hurt. Better Oline in Indy, quicker release pass routes hopefully keeps him healthy. I actually really like Foles. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...but every QB that's been in Chicago for a couple seasons gets hurt. Better Oline in Indy, quicker release pass routes hopefully keeps him healthy. I actually really like Foles. 

Speaking of Bears' QB, I was reminded yesterday of Chicago's trade yesterday on the radio.  The Bears received QB Mike Phipps from Cleveland in exchange for their 1978 1st Rd pick.  The Browns selected Ozzie Newsom with that pick.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Speaking of Bears' QB, I was reminded yesterday of Chicago's trade yesterday on the radio.  The Bears received QB Mike Phipps from Cleveland in exchange for their 1978 1st Rd pick.  The Browns selected Ozzie Newsom with that pick.

Sounds about right! Somewhere there has to be a running chart on number of blown picks, number of picks we've traded to get a QB,etc....during my lifetime. All the while only basically having 2 good ones in McMahon and Cutler. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds about right! Somewhere there has to be a running chart on number of blown picks, number of picks we've traded to get a QB,etc....during my lifetime. All the while only basically having 2 good ones in McMahon and Cutler. 

Long live Cade McNown!

• Like 1

As a Colts fan, we should rest easy knowing we have Ballard. Unbelievable the talent he's acquired this off season. 

Irsay didn't lie honestly.  They're absolutely all in.  

Ryan, Foles, Gillmore, Yannick, both draft classes, McCleod, SPT guys left and right. I'm pumped.  Dennis Kelly, Phillip Lindsay. 

• Like 2