2023 NFL Discussion

rico

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

Did he even play today? I didn’t specifically look for him but our first team offense looked like dog poo. No one but Pittman doing anything…and it was mostly our 1s vs 2s. Was hoping it was just our defense in practice that was shutting us down but that game didn’t instill much optimism in me.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did he even play today? I didn’t specifically look for him but our first team offense looked like dog poo. No one but Pittman doing anything…and it was mostly our 1s vs 2s. Was hoping it was just our defense in practice that was shutting us down but that game didn’t instill much optimism in me.

Play calling was very vanilla so I wouldn't take to much from this game.  Also Taylor didn't play so that is a big part of the offense.  I thought our defense played well until the 4th quarter and those players won't be on the roster come the regular season.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Targeted twice.  No catches.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Play calling was very vanilla so I wouldn't take to much from this game.  Also Taylor didn't play so that is a big part of the offense.  I thought our defense played well until the 4th quarter and those players won't be on the roster come the regular season.

I didn’t see much separation happening with our receivers…and Hines unless he is catching the ball just looks terrible trying to run it….very weak. It’s just preseason game 1 but clear we have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball.

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Doesn't even appear to be draftable in PPR leagues on Yahoo yet.  

image.png.43d92f9072da98d98dbc55bf922d645a.png

If you have a keeper league or dynasty I get it…but you would need a deep league to take the guy in normal ppr redraft league. I’m sure someone will take a flyer on him but I’d be shocked if he isn’t dropped or sitting on someone’s bench when he actually does breakout.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Doesn't even appear to be draftable in PPR leagues on Yahoo yet.  

image.png.43d92f9072da98d98dbc55bf922d645a.png

He was drafted in the 10th round in my yahoo 10 team league…ahead of Lazard, Mooney, and Goodwin…crazy. I think he will be a good player but geez…shorts and T-shirt and camp is not full pads and live action in real games. He is going to have his ups and downs.

Edited by dgambill

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

He was drafted in the 10th round in my yahoo 10 team league…ahead of Lazard, Mooney, and Goodwin…crazy. I think he will be a good player but geez…shorts and T-shirt and camp is not full pads and live action in real games. He is going to have his ups and downs.

@5fouls had mentioned or alluded to someone about a month ago. I did my best to not bring it to the board but he's rocketing up so many boards opposite of Lazard. I jokingly asked one of the national guys should I just trade JT and Kelce for him now? 

Happens every year. 3-4 guys rocket up the boards in August. Of course one of those types can help you win leagues. Arian Foster won me about 6 leagues his first year and I took him in the 5th or 6th. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Other than Jack Coan and the 3rd OL... the offense was pretty good for preseason game 1. 

You thought our first team offense looked good in the first quarter? Maybe I should just stop watching football. Evidentially the game has passed me by.  I could care less about the 2nd and 3rd string execution.

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You thought our first team offense looked good in the first quarter? Maybe I should just stop watching football. Evidentially the game has passed me by.  I could care less about the 2nd and 3rd string execution.

I thought... reasonably speaking, it was fine. 

I don't really know why you wouldn't like 2nd teamers executing. Woods looked good, same with Pierce, and Granson. 

Heck Ogletree looked good as well. There's literally nothing to say about preseason football, other than, defenses are always way ahead. Its like that at every level of football. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I thought... reasonably speaking, it was fine. 

I don't really know why you wouldn't like 2nd teamers executing. Woods looked good, same with Pierce, and Granson. 

Heck Ogletree looked good as well. There's literally nothing to say about preseason football, other than, defenses are always way ahead. Its like that at every level of football. 

And I think Granson and Pierce will have roles when the regular season roles around. It was great to see them be effective. 

48 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Read somewhere last week that when Taylor and Hines were on the field together, The Colts  averaged 14 yards per play. WOW!! Why not more plays called with that formation and this year there better be tons of it

I'm not a play caller but when you two type of explosive athletes like that it's all about misdirection. All up to Ryan. You can load the right side of line giving the appearance  for a JT handoff, lbs/safety is cheating up.....and you run just a simple dump to the left where Hines will have 1 on 1 with LB possibly. 

Vice Versa....or just stretch the field and dump down to JT or Hines. So many options to play with.

• Like 1