2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Any horticulturalists on here? Soldier Field was already really bad after last preseason game vs Chiefs. Since that time they've had 2 large concerts on field....and now they are replacing with new turf. My question is this...looking at 10 days tops before Week 1 vs 49ers. Can the roots actually take hold that quickly? Or is this setting up to be another turf issue for Bears?

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Any horticulturalists on here? Soldier Field was already really bad after last preseason game vs Chiefs. Since that time they've had 2 large concerts on field....and now they are replacing with new turf. My question is this...looking at 10 days tops before Week 1 vs 49ers. Can the roots actually take hold that quickly? Or is this setting up to be another turf issue for Bears?

Just put freaking turf down 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not a horticulturalists, but I did have to spell the word one time in a spelling bee.  I have no idea about the roots.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Doing the right thing is to fire a guy before he is allowed due process? Impossible for me to know if he did or didn’t do this but to ruin his career before we find out if he deserved to have it ruined seems rough. The problem with the Watson thing is all the evidence was out in the open and it was obvious what he did and no one cared in the NFL because he could win ball games but this guy hasn’t even been afforded any due process at all…because he’s he doesn’t play an important position.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, dgambill said:

We’ve done really really well at drafting these non premium positions…hoping something translates to those key positions like DE, CB, LT, and WR.

To be fair, we acquired an elite or really good player at two of those four positions and did use high picks on the other two… and I’m personally bullish on Pierce.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Doing the right thing is to fire a guy before he is allowed due process? Impossible for me to know if he did or didn’t do this but to ruin his career before we find out if he deserved to have it ruined seems rough. The problem with the Watson thing is all the evidence was out in the open and it was obvious what he did and no one cared in the NFL because he could win ball games but this guy hasn’t even been afforded any due process at all…because he’s he doesn’t play an important position.

Correct me if I’m wrong, he admitted they had sex and he’s basing his claim to innocence on the fact that he thought he just got an 18 year old blitzed instead of a 17 year old…

Unless I have something wrong there… fuck that guy. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, he admitted they had sex and he’s basing his claim to innocence on the fact that he thought he just got an 18 year old blitzed instead of a 17 year old…

Unless I have something wrong there… fuck that guy. 

I haven’t heard the story…so if that is true yeah…that’s disgusting. No excuses if that is true. I guess since he is a punter the story hasn’t been all over so I hadn’t heard his side. His sounds about as bad as Watson claiming he is being kink shamed because he likes a tug with his rub.

• Like 1