2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think there is like an official ruling on this. Guys can be a former player of more than one school, it happens literally every single year. An alumni is just someone who attended a school; they don't even have to have graduated. 

Now I don't think that in every situation there are warm feelings between multiple schools, but in a situation like Hurts I think that's a great example of a guy that would be welcomed back and cheered for by both schools. Didn't the Manning Cast have Saban on during an Eagles - Pats game last year to talk about Jones and Hurts? 

Didn't Joe Burrow go back to an OSU game recently? 

Hell, IU and ND probably have more reversible jacket fans than any other fanbases. We are the last people that should say you can only have allegiance to one school. 

I really don't know what the "ruling" is.  lol  

1 minute ago, rico said:

Ya just never know how college success is gonna translate to the NFL.  

I understand that, but I was never high on Haskins or Troy Smith as far as their pro careers were concerned. Nor JT Barrett or Cardale Jones. None of those 4 did I think would be good pros. I don't believe being a QB at OSU means you CAN'T be a good pro. I don't think those things are directly correlated, at all. 

I mean, no one in the world had more help in college than Burrow, Tua, and Mac Jones... right? CJ thew for 570 yards and 6TDs in the Rose Bowl WITHOUT Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. That is impressive. 

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I understand that, but I was never high on Haskins or Troy Smith as far as their pro careers were concerned. Nor JT Barrett or Cardale Jones. None of those 4 did I think would be good pros. I don't believe being a QB at OSU means you CAN'T be a good pro. I don't think those things are directly correlated, at all. 

I mean, no one in the world had more help in college than Burrow, Tua, and Mac Jones... right? CJ thew for 570 yards and 6TDs in the Rose Bowl WITHOUT Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. That is impressive. 

Ohio State QBs are usually impressive until they get into the NFL.  Seems like it has been that way in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Right?!? He only had two other first round WR since those two were out.... 

I get your point, but Stroud has never had a game that he didn't have as good of receivers as any team in America. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Anything is possible.  But history is not on his side, even though it is no fault of his.

What is the history on Ohio State QBs being busts? I can't really think of any in my lifetime and I'm 33... 

Maybe Haskins, but I also think it's possible he is starting in Pittsburgh right now if he was alive. 

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What is the history on Ohio State QBs being busts? I can't really think of any in my lifetime and I'm 33... 

Maybe Haskins, but I also think it's possible he is starting in Pittsburgh right now if he was alive. 

Troy Smith, Cardale Jones, JT Barrett, I think there might be one more. 

Who won the early 2000 NC game? 

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who were inexperienced as shit 

Or Harrison was. 

JSN wasn't - he'd have been a high draft pick last year if he could have come out and he had ~350 yards and 3 TDs in that game. 

Baby Marv I guess was inexperienced but he still was already expected to be a first rounder. He's the 6'4 son of one of the top 5 WR of all time and he dominated in practice from the day he stepped on campus, he was just in a WR room deep enough to run off Jameson Williams.