2023 NFL Discussion

rico

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't speak for my fellow Bears brethren but Mustipher sucked on Sunday. That reason and our obvious lack of talent on the outside can't let me judge Fields for another year.

Hurts made the leap with talent. Tua made the leap with talent. Shoot Josh Allen had worse numbers than Fields in year 2 before the talent arrived. 

No objective fan can judge Fields yet. The NFL is so good at all positions. Unfair to criticize so far. 

With enough talent even Tua looks decent…that said how much better could they be with a really good qb? As far as Fields goes my biggest gripe even at Ohio St is that he doesn’t process the game get quickly. Doesn’t move off his first read quick enough, slow to anticipate, and well isn’t the most accurate thrower. He just holds on to the ball too long. Happened at OSU and continuing at Chicago. This is made worse by the fact his OL is terrible and the team is playing from behind a lot. 

I wouldn’t give up on the guy but I can tell you I would be bringing in the best qb minded offensive coordinator to work with him and figure it out before his contract is up. Personally I don’t see it…but then again it sometimes just takes guys awhile to figure things out. Look at Geno in Seattle.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

With enough talent even Tua looks decent…that said how much better could they be with a really good qb? As far as Fields goes my biggest gripe even at Ohio St is that he doesn’t process the game get quickly. Doesn’t move off his first read quick enough, slow to anticipate, and well isn’t the most accurate thrower. He just holds on to the ball too long. Happened at OSU and continuing at Chicago. This is made worse by the fact his OL is terrible and the team is playing from behind a lot. 

I wouldn’t give up on the guy but I can tell you I would be bringing in the best qb minded offensive coordinator to work with him and figure it out before his contract is up. Personally I don’t see it…but then again it sometimes just takes guys awhile to figure things out. Look at Geno in Seattle.

Some owner in football is going to look smart in 2-3 years by hiring Ken Dorsey as their coach. QB league. Nothing else matters. What KD has done with Josh Allen alone should make him priority 1 next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Some owner in football is going to look smart in 2-3 years by hiring Ken Dorsey as their coach. QB league. Nothing else matters. What KD has done with Josh Allen alone should make him priority 1 next year.

I'd love for the Colts to take him.

It would be a real, real shame if JT's ankle just bugs him all year and he sits down for the remainder and we fired Pastor Frank, then hired Dorsey and had a high pick that let us draft a CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.... 

• Like 2